Yippie! My Waist is Back! Thank You Dr. K! - Sacramento, CA

Post menopause, I lost the curve of my waist and...

Post menopause, I lost the curve of my waist and developed a muffin top, But the real horror is when I was doing a "back view" and discovered...GEEZZZ... BACK FAT!!!!... even though I probably am only 5 pounds over my high school weight. Things just move.

I have been full circle with Dr. K, starting 20 years ago with a great solution to my post mommy breast drop, to now feeling pretty good about my curves as a result of smartlipo.

Details: Smartlipo (or laser lipo) was done on my trunk...back, waist, abdomen in September. It was really expensive, but now I think it was worth it.

Experience: If you do this, be patient. It is painful (as in really sore, but not piercing pain). I would say it took me about 2 weeks to be able to use my core to navigate anything. Also, the compression garmet is a real pain, in that with the swelling and the padded thing added, you look really thick for the first 2 weeks or so.

I am now 2 1/2 months out and I am really happy that I have lost that square look that I took on. Being petite, eventually progressing to having a minimal hip to waist ratio, really made me feel as an invisible square blob. I can now wear cute things that I used to.

The advantage of this procedure over traditional lipo is supposedly the skin tends to repair itself so that it is smoother. I am still going thru that process (I am in my 50s) but I continue to see improvement. I am a big believer in Dr. Murad's skin smoothing vitamins.

Tip: be sure to take your own photos b4, immediately after, and then week by week. If you are like me, you will have, during the healing process an, "ahh sh...!" moment, where you wonder if there was any benefit to what you did. then look at the b4 photos. eventually at the end (where I am nearing) you won't even need those photos....you will just get it when you look in the mirror.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

You see those advertisements on deals for Smart Lip everywhere, but in doing my research I found that in this area, pediatricians, not Board certified PS, are doing this procedure. I have had the benefit of having wonderful results from Dr. K in the past, and so when it came down to weighing how much I would save by going to one of those clinics, verses being confident of results and safety I would get by going with Dr. K, there was no question. Dr. K's associates are wonderful. He is skillful, confident, conscientious, and really does have an artist's eye.