Waiting for Swelling to Reside - Sacramento, CA

I am tall, athletic and have large eyes, my lips...

I am tall, athletic and have large eyes, my lips were not thin but very small for my face and I've always wanted a bigger, sexier mouth. I tried Juvederm about 6 months ago and was happy with the look, but not the cost considering it dissolved after about two months. I researched Permalip for months before going ahead with it.

I was nervous for the procedure but it was a breeze. They numbed me with topical cream before the nerve blocks were injected, those worked so fast that after the first two I couldn't even feel the rest. I was able to relax with my eyes closed through the procedure and the Dr. and his assistant talked me through it and kept everything relaxed. It took maybe 20-30 minutes from start to finish. I went with 5mm in top and bottom since the Dr.

recommended those sizes. My swelling was IMMEDIATELY apparent, I was mortified when I looked in the mirror! I went home feeling really anxious and had a difficult time finding anyone else with post-op pictures as bad as mine. I was terrified that I had gone too big but now after more research, I feel that once the swelling subsides I will be happy. I have no visible bruising and the swelling has decreased drastically. I am going to venture out today (3 days post-op) but only because I have to. Frankly, I look ridiculous but I am trusting the healing process and will hopefully be able to say the procedure was worth it in about a week!

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon