Fraxel Lazer Experience - Sacramento, CA

I experienced Fraxel Laser Feb. 2012 to my face...

I experienced Fraxel Laser Feb. 2012 to my face & neck. I am a 50 year old; fair skinned female. My doctor is in Folsom CA. I actually had "Thermage" (1 week) then the Fraxel Laser experience. My doctor had me take steriods; cold sore preventive along with an antibiotics 1 day prior to treatment. The day of treatment I pre-treated with anti-anxiety (Lorizpam). My doctor gave me 3 numbing shots to my face. The assistant had a cooler hose blowing 5 inches from my facethe whole time (so nice!). I went home and my face swelled up like a blow fish. I used Aquafor for 5 days. My face swelled up so much I could not see for 2 days. My skin was bloody looking & remain swollen for 4 Days. The 5th day I washed my face with cetaphil (yes; whiteheads all over m.y chin) but the whiteheads quickly went away with washing.The aquafor kind of blocked my pores. My skin is much thinner & I have to be careful not to tear it when scratching. I am happy with my 1ST time but was advised I should have a series of 3 treatments..I don't believe the Theramage (@ $2,400) was worth it but experienced zero down time from it.. PS- My sister has darker (tanned) skin & the Doctor mentioned he would use a different laser type should she have a procedure & as mentioned the laser tip alone costs several hundred dollars & can not be reused. So., $200 is a scarey quote!!

Dr. D. Kamra

Excellent doctor., patient, concerned for my comfort., realistic about waiting for six months for my final judgements.

From your description, it sounds as though you had the aggressive Fraxel re:pair.  What spacing does your doctor advise between treatments?

I'm glad you are liking the results of your Fraxel. I'm a bit confused by the last portion of your review. What was the $200 quote for?

p.s. We have a community dedicated to Thermage. I'd love it if you would write a review about your experience with that as well. :)