34H to Smaller - Sacramento, CA

I'm 47 years old, 5'4 1/2 inches and 145 pounds. ...

I'm 47 years old, 5'4 1/2 inches and 145 pounds. I've wanted/needed this surgery for some time. My family didn't want me to risk my life for this, so I chickened out 3 years ago. Today I am 1 day postop, having had my breast reduction yesterday. I was a 34H and have no idea what size I'm going to end up. Bandage and tubes come out Monday the 24th of Feb. I'm going to attempt to upload my before pics. I was on here before but I messed up and had real head shots with pics of myself so started over.

3 days post op

Today marked my 3rd day post op. Got the tubes out this morning and got my first look at my new, much smaller (YEY) boobs. I was grateful people on here told me to take my pain meds before the appointment. They were right, getting the drains pulled hurt a bit! I have a lot of bruising which I of course expected but so far, I'm happy with the results.

Day 4 postop

These are just additional photos. Today marks day 4 postop.

10 days post op pictures

Here are my 10 days post op photos. As you can see the right breast still has some seeping, but overall, I am pleased.

10 days post op pictures continued

Almost 5 weeks post op

In 2 days I will be 5 weeks post op breast reduction and I couldn't be happier with the results. I have seen my PS almost every week and he's been great. Dr. Vento and his nurse Jill are with Kaiser Sacramento. Thankfully I am able to email him or call his nurse directly with any questions. I went in a couple days ago because I was worried about some redness that had appeared. Turns out I was "spitting" which means a couple of the sutures were rising to the top of my skin more or less. He did a little snip and I was out of there.

Today was a pretty big deal for me. I went to be fit. I went early in the day, as I still get swollen in the evenings. I was a 34H and today I wore 36DD. Although I've never worn a 36 band and it MAY be due to the swelling, I have to tell you how happy it made me to be able to buy a bra that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. I literally found a really nice (normally expensive) bra at Macy's and paid $12 for it including tax. Feeling motivated, I went to Victoria's Secret, since I've always been able to purchase panties, but never bras, as they never carried 34H. I had received a free rewards card for a free pair of panties anyway, so thought I would also try on a bra. I saw the cutest bralette for $10 that matched the free pair of underwear I had already chosen. So I ended up leaving VS with a complete set for $10.80! Although I am still wearing my $8 walmart fruit of the loom or genie bras for the first 3 months, my PS did tell me I could wear the occasional bra for a short time (my daughter's wedding for instance in a couple of weeks).

Just had to share. Felt so great to fit into a DD cup!

12 weeks post op or 3 months on May 21

Just wanted to update and say I'm still very pleased with my decision to take a load off my chest. It has made my life so much easier in SO many ways, from buying to exercising to a boost in self confidence that cannot be measured by my new 36D (36DD at Victoria's Secret).
Dr. Vento

So far, so good. Dr. Vento is a nice doctor who speaks clearly about what to expect and the risks involved. Day 3 postop Dr. Vento pulled my drains out. I was happy to see the results. I felt like he listened to me. I told him "take no prisoners" in deciding how small to go. I didn't want to stay on the bigger side. I already feel relief in my neck and back. An added bonus I didn't count on was that I look thinner. Just grateful everything went and is going as planned. I go in Monday for my 10 days post op check up but so far my healing seems uneventful.

Excellent healing!
Thanks peediewife!
I see the pic's now....thanks once again....
You're welcome and best wishes!!
That is so exciting! I wish I could find a bra at VS for $10.80. What a deal, and how awesome to be able to buy a bra at VS. I have bought a few new bras 36 or 38DD, but have not yet at VS. They had their semi-annual sale when I was about 2 weeks post-op, but I couldn't try anything on yet. Hope you continue to feel well.
Thank you ColoradoLady!
You look great! Can you believe it's only been 10 days? I'm at 7 and am so glad I went through with it and very happy to finally be on the small side.
Thank you. Tomorrow is actually 14 days. I posted the pics a day late. My surgery was Feb. 21st and I'm really happy with the progress I've made. My biggest obstacle now, like everyone I'm sure, is to continue doing NOTHING, or at least very little, so I don't mess anything up. Also happy to be on the small side. On a side note, went in for a fitting today and the lady thought I am a 34DDD. I was surprised because I FEEL so much smaller. I guess going from 34H...that IS much smaller! Still have swelling though, so won't know my "true" size for some time.
Looking good. Hope your recovery continues to go well. How are you feeling?
Thanks so much! Feel best early in the day. Swelling in the evening makes it a little more uncomfortable though.
You are looking great - keep up the happy and healthy healing :-)
Thank you tashaak79! Seems like every day is getting better (thankfully).
You look wonderful for 10 days
Thank you!
I think you ps did a great job. Your boobs look good. Exactly 1 month from today for my reduction and tt
Thank you so much. Saw Dr. Vento yesterday for my 10 day post op. He removed some of the stitches that look like hairs sticking out. I got back on the 12th of March for more sutures to be removed. He wanted to see me next week but I have a doctor's appointment on the 12th, so we made it the same day. I am still taking it slow and easy.
That is exactly the right thing to do.
Hi Isn't it great to have smaller b@@bs.... I am so happy for you...my BreAst-Lift-reduction was 2/12/2014... I'm in the healing process it gets better everyday Went from a 34G I think I'll end up a good sized C-cup ((Healing Hugs)). ((( Smaller Jugs))). LOL LiveLoveBelieve
Thank you! My husband got me out today. McDonalds and Walmart were all I did, but that was enough. I felt every bump in the car ride. I bought the Genie bra and already feel better, as it has a wider bottom so it doesn't seem to hug the stitches beneath my breasts (over the pads of course) as much. It IS great to have smaller boobs. Not sure what size I'll be yet, but definitely smaller for sure! We were similar because I was 34H. Felt good to buy a large size bra, albeit a Genie one! Hoping my Monday 10 day postop with my PS goes well. I think I'm healing well so far. Hopefully he agrees. Thank you for your comments! I love the healing hugs and smaller jugs!!! Made me laugh!
You are looking great - keep up the healthy happy healing :-)
Thanks so much!
Your welcome :-)
Looking good! You will be amazed at how much things change this next week or so...so take lots of pictures. Hope you are feeling good.
Thank you. I was good all day but nausea kicked in tonight so I'm back in bed with 7 up and crackers. I will definitely keep taking pictures to document my progress.
I was your size also. I'm so very happy I had this done! Hope you are healing well!