34H to Smaller - Sacramento, CA

I'm 47 years old, 5'4 1/2 inches and 145 pounds. ...

I'm 47 years old, 5'4 1/2 inches and 145 pounds. I've wanted/needed this surgery for some time. My family didn't want me to risk my life for this, so I chickened out 3 years ago. Today I am 1 day postop, having had my breast reduction yesterday. I was a 34H and have no idea what size I'm going to end up. Bandage and tubes come out Monday the 24th of Feb. I'm going to attempt to upload my before pics. I was on here before but I messed up and had real head shots with pics of myself so started over.

3 days post op

Today marked my 3rd day post op. Got the tubes out this morning and got my first look at my new, much smaller (YEY) boobs. I was grateful people on here told me to take my pain meds before the appointment. They were right, getting the drains pulled hurt a bit! I have a lot of bruising which I of course expected but so far, I'm happy with the results.

Day 4 postop

These are just additional photos. Today marks day 4 postop.

10 days post op pictures

Here are my 10 days post op photos. As you can see the right breast still has some seeping, but overall, I am pleased.

10 days post op pictures continued

Almost 5 weeks post op

In 2 days I will be 5 weeks post op breast reduction and I couldn't be happier with the results. I have seen my PS almost every week and he's been great. Dr. Vento and his nurse Jill are with Kaiser Sacramento. Thankfully I am able to email him or call his nurse directly with any questions. I went in a couple days ago because I was worried about some redness that had appeared. Turns out I was "spitting" which means a couple of the sutures were rising to the top of my skin more or less. He did a little snip and I was out of there.

Today was a pretty big deal for me. I went to be fit. I went early in the day, as I still get swollen in the evenings. I was a 34H and today I wore 36DD. Although I've never worn a 36 band and it MAY be due to the swelling, I have to tell you how happy it made me to be able to buy a bra that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. I literally found a really nice (normally expensive) bra at Macy's and paid $12 for it including tax. Feeling motivated, I went to Victoria's Secret, since I've always been able to purchase panties, but never bras, as they never carried 34H. I had received a free rewards card for a free pair of panties anyway, so thought I would also try on a bra. I saw the cutest bralette for $10 that matched the free pair of underwear I had already chosen. So I ended up leaving VS with a complete set for $10.80! Although I am still wearing my $8 walmart fruit of the loom or genie bras for the first 3 months, my PS did tell me I could wear the occasional bra for a short time (my daughter's wedding for instance in a couple of weeks).

Just had to share. Felt so great to fit into a DD cup!

12 weeks post op or 3 months on May 21

Just wanted to update and say I'm still very pleased with my decision to take a load off my chest. It has made my life so much easier in SO many ways, from buying to exercising to a boost in self confidence that cannot be measured by my new 36D (36DD at Victoria's Secret).
Dr. Vento

So far, so good. Dr. Vento is a nice doctor who speaks clearly about what to expect and the risks involved. Day 3 postop Dr. Vento pulled my drains out. I was happy to see the results. I felt like he listened to me. I told him "take no prisoners" in deciding how small to go. I didn't want to stay on the bigger side. I already feel relief in my neck and back. An added bonus I didn't count on was that I look thinner. Just grateful everything went and is going as planned. I go in Monday for my 10 days post op check up but so far my healing seems uneventful.