Made it through and love them! 5 weeks post op - Sacramento, CA

I've been reading through the stories on here for...

I've been reading through the stories on here for a month or two, and because I decided to finally go through with it, feel it's only fair if I share my story as well. First, I'm turning 30 on April 20th, 5'5 and 128lbs, and I wear a 34B (however at my consultation the Dr said I'm more like an A!).

I've thought about getting a boob job off and on for years, but I always thought that it just wasn't "me". I'm a very 'au naturale' type of girl; I barely even wear make-up. I thought, by getting them done, it would scream 'I'm insecure and need attention'. Recently I've had a change of heart, for a couple reasons. The main one is that I started wearing a sports bra to the gym. I go to the gym like 5 days a week for the past few years, and used to wear a regular bra because it gave me the appearance of having boobs. About a year ago, I switched gyms and decided wearing a sports bra is probably what I should be doing. But, it makes me SO embarrassed because with a sports bra on, I'm completely flat. And the sad thing is that there's padding in my sports bra! A few months ago, I bought some super cute workout tops from Lululemon, and although they're cute, I feel so insecure in them, that I've only worn them once. They look so weird on me because I don't have boobs! I'm so tired of clothes not fitting. Those are my reasons for wanting to get boobs. I also recently inherited a little bit of money, and so I figure why not splurge? I never ever do anything crazy, I'm never not responsible... why not? Just this once.

Well, I'll tell you why not. I just gave you a couple reasons why I want boobs, but there are so many reasons why not to get them done! Who wants to undergo surgery when they don't have to? The surgeon I chose is 2 hours from my house, so just making it to any of the appointments is causing me to have to miss a little work. Not to mention I'll have to take time off to recover from the surgery itself. Oh, I also didn't mention that I don't have kids yet (I don't even have a boyfriend...so it's not like kids will be happening soon for me, but someday I hope). So, I'm really concerned that I'm going to get boobs, then have kids, and regret my decision or need to get them re-done or something because my body will change. I'm nervous about whether people will judge me for having fake boobs, and if I start getting more attention from guys, I'll wonder, is it only because of the boobs?

I'm still going through with it. You have to take risks in life. There are lots of women that have had this surgery and their boobs look great. And if for some reason, it goes wrong...if after having kids, I want them out or need to have them re-done, then that's what I'll do. It's not the end of the world. Plus, I don't want to go too big; I doubt people will notice too much (unless I'm in a sports bra or bikini). I'm doing this for me. To feel better about myself. I've done my research, and I'm confident in the Dr. I chose.

The pre-op surgery is 2 weeks from today, (4/22) and the actual surgery is 1 month from today (5/8).

A couple things I forgot to mention: 1. I...

A couple things I forgot to mention:
1. I haven't chosen a size yet. I get to do that at my pre-op appointment on April 22nd. I'm somewhere around an A/B cup, and would like to be a full C. But, I don't know how many cc's or anything yet. I just know I want to be bigger...not too big, and look as natural as possible.
2. I am going under the muscle
3. Silicone implants, not saline
4. Areola incision

So I had my pre-op appointment today. Omg, I am...

So I had my pre-op appointment today. Omg, I am so overloaded with information! I want to write a full update and tell you guys everything that happened, but it's late. It'll have to wait for tomorrow. But, I decided on 320ccs. She put in the 300 sizer on the left and the 320 sizer on the right boob, and they both looked big to me! I don't know what I expected, but it's just so weird to see myself with boobs. It's so hard to imagine. Anyways, I went with the bigger of the two...I couldn't imagine going bigger than that, and definitely not smaller than 300. Of course I'm thinking, are they going to be too big? Or...am I going to wish I had gone bigger? It's so hard to say! Anyways, I'll give you the details of everything that happened at the appointment tomorrow.

Ok...Details about my pre-op appointment. First,...

Ok...Details about my pre-op appointment. First, I had got a letter in the mail on Friday saying something about 'make sure you allow time after the appointment to get your lab work done.' Well, I hadn't been told anything about this "lab work", so I was a little nervous. To be honest, the main reason I was nervous about it was because I have a shy bladder and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to pee, if the "lab work" included a pee test.

So, Monday I drove the 2 hours to the Dr's office. I had to be there 20 minutes early to sign paperwork. When I got there, they gave me a big packet of forms to initial. It was all about the risks and possible complications...and I read just about every word. Talk about making me nervous! On one hand, I know that many of the risks are unlikely and I will most likely be fine. And if something minor does go wrong, or whatever, I'll deal with it at that point. On the other hand, I was thinking...."but these complications have to happen to someone...what if I'm that someone?" It's quite possible that something could go wrong. Lol....well, I can't win arguing with myself. I know there is a chance something could go wrong, but I'm going to go through with it and hope for the best. That's really all I can do.

Anyways, after signing the forms, I waited. I could tell they were running behind. The nurse came out about 20 minutes after my appointment time and said that maybe I should do the lab work before the appointment, and before the lab closes (the lab was in the same building). I asked her what this "lab work" was. She said I had to have blood drawn to make sure I'm healthy (and don't have HIV/AIDS) and then take a pee test to make sure I'm not pregnant. I made my way to the lab, trying not to psych myself out about whether I'd be able to pee or not. The woman that took my blood was so nice! She made me feel so comfortable...she was absolutely great! After taking my blood, she just pointed out the bathroom, and handed me a cup to pee in and told me to just leave it on the table outside the bathroom when I was done. I went into the bathroom and I was actually able to pee! Ok, I'm sure I'm getting into TMI.... but seriously, I was so happy I was able to go!

I went back to the Dr's office and was seen maybe 5 minutes later. The nurse took me back and went over again all of the risks and what I should expect on the day of.

I was told to wear comfortable clothes, possibly a hoodie and shorts. She said I could wear pants, but they'd end up taking them off. I had no idea why that would be the case, but she said it's because they'll put some kind of patch on my leg (it might be an anti-nausea thing, I don't remember exactly). So, I will be wearing a hoodie and shorts the day of surgery...and I can't wear any makeup, perfumes, lotions, jewelry, etc. Oh, and I can take a shower the morning of, but then I won't be able to shower for like 3 days! Yuck!

She went over all of the medications that I will be taking... it sure sounds like a lot, but some of them were for "just in case". For example, she prescribed a suppository for the nausea, but it's only if I really absolutely need it. (I'm hoping and praying that I don't need that!). I still need to go pick those meds up from the pharmacy...planning on doing that tomorrow.

I can't eat/drink anything 12 hours before the surgery. Like not even water. And, they are prescribing a 'Scopolamine' patch that goes behind my ear for nausea. I put that on the night before.

Also, my appointment is on Wednesday, May 8th, but I have to come in the following day for a checkup and then Friday as well to get my drains removed. Then the stitches will come out a week later.

Anyways, after going over all of that (plus probably more that I've forgotten...it was so much to take in!), the doctor came in and took before pics of me. Quick and easy. Then I got to try on the sizers.

The nurse went and got a bra (the type they'll send me home in), and what looked like gel cutlets or padding (hard to describe, I guess). She warned me that the bra is ugly and that because we're just going to be putting these pads on top of my chest and under the bra, that this is not what I'll look like when it's all said and done. I'm just supposed to pay attention to the volume. Oh my gosh that was hard to do! The bra (or new "boobs") looked so saggy, it was hard to get a good idea of what my new boobs will really look like under clothes. To start off she put 300ccs on my left side and 320 on my right side. Even the 300s felt huge! It's like I hadn't fully imagined what it would feel like to have "boobs", I always just think I want mine to *look* bigger...never thought too much about how they'd feel as a part of my body. Anyways, I knew I didn't want to go too big and both of those sizes already seemed big to me. I went back and forth and back and forth thinking about it. But, in the end, I told her let's go with the 320s. Everyone says to go slightly bigger than you think you want. And really, the difference between 300 and 320ccs isn't much at all. I have no clue if I'm making the right decision about the size...I don't know how anyone can. But, I've been thinking about it and when I get a chance I'm going to try the "rice test" that I've heard about, just to get a better feel of what it would look like. If any of you have tried the "rice test", I'd love to hear about it!

After deciding on the size, I paid the amount in full and left. That was it. It was a lot to take in yesterday. I left there thinking, OMG...is this really going to happen? I know you ladies must be able to relate...it's such an incredible mixture of emotions! So nervous about whether I'm doing the right thing, whether I'll end up regretting it (although I've decided I would definitely regret it if I didn't try it), and then I'm so excited and I just can't wait for the recovery period to be over. It's going to be so hard not going to the gym, and not really being able to workout for weeks!

Oh, one last thing...The nurse that was helping me...she looked about my size (height/weight) and my age probably...while I was trying to decide on the size, she told me that she had gone with the 320s. I couldn't even tell that she had hers done! (of course she was wearing a smock (or scrubs? whatever) and a hoodie, so it's not like I could really see her boobs). But the point is, she had had hers done about a week or a week and a half earlier and she was working, and she looked just fine! I see some women's post-op pics and their boobs are so high! I've been nervous about how obvious it'll be while I'm recovering (I don't really want to tell lots people...not yet). Anyways, I was so encouraged to see her doing so well, and looking great! It's always great seeing and hearing about others that have gone through with it already and have had a good experience...it helps give me confidence in my decision to do this.

So, my BA is in 36 hours! Surprisingly I'm not...

So, my BA is in 36 hours! Surprisingly I'm not nervous. I think tomorrow night I will be though. Today I went shopping and bought some light food to eat after surgery, and bought a couple new bras (without the underwire of course). I was surprised at how difficult it was to find bras that don't have underwire and tons of padding. Anyways, I got home and tried them on just for the heck of it, and can't even comprehend that I will be filling out these bras in just a couple days. I can't even imagine it at all.

Also, I had a dream the other night about my boobs! I dreamed that it was 1 day post op and I wasn't in any pain at all, but that I was disappointed that I didn't go bigger. Not a good dream! Obviously I'm so nervous about the size. I'm trying not to think about it, because there's no way for me to know if I'm going too big or not big enough until it's all done. All I can do is choose what I think will be right for me and hope for the best. I think 320 will be good for me, but I see so many women on here going with more like 400-550ccs, and it just makes me second guess myself!

It's 10:15pm.... Have to be at the PS office at...

It's 10:15pm.... Have to be at the PS office at 7:15... Surgery at 8. Took a shower and put the anti-nausea patch behind my ear. Not really nervous... Sort of excited ...mostly I feel like it's surreal. Can't fathom that tomorrow I'm gonna have boobs. Just doesn't seem real. Anyways, that's enough rambling! See you guys on the other side!

My surgery was 24 hours ago. It went well! I went...

My surgery was 24 hours ago. It went well! I went in, they put me in a gown and booties, gave me an IV then brought me to the operating room. They added the meds to the IV and only a few seconds afterwards I was asleep.

Next thing I knew I was waking up in the recovery room. My sternum hurt! I tried talking to the nurse in the room, but I could tell I was slurring my words. Had to wait a little bit for my head to clear up.

Afterwards came back to the hotel and slept off and on all day. It's so confusing which meds to take and when. I think I'm starting to figure it out though.

Man, it's hard to use the bathroom because its tough to pull back up my shorts.

I have my first post op visit today at 11. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Post op day 5: still in quite a bit of pain, but...

Post op day 5: still in quite a bit of pain, but as of yesterday I'm off the prescription pain meds and only using Tylenol. I drove for the first time yesterday and man does it feel weird when I turn the wheel!! I'm also finding that I need to remind myself to stand up straight because I seem to want to curl my shoulders.

Anyways all in all, I love them and am so glad I didn't go any bigger! This is the perfect size for me. Thank you everyone for your support through this process!

8 days post op!!

Day 8: Still in a little bit of pain on my left boob. But I love them!! They look great. I don't know that anyone at work or otherwise has noticed (which is what I wanted). And again, so glad I didn't go bigger. This is a good size for me!

Getting the stitches out this afternoon! :)

Post op day 8

Ok, so I got the stitches out! And it didn't hurt at all! The PS showed me how to do the massaging, and I'm supposed to do it 10 times to each boob once a day for 6 months. I asked him when I could start sleeping on my side and he said I could now, but that it might be uncomfortable (which it is. I've tried. I just thought I might mess up the implants, but apparently that's not the case). So, now I don't have to go back for another month!

Again, so happy with them!

2 weeks post op!

Two weeks post op and I still love them! However, I can't wait for them to not hurt anymore and to be able to sleep normally. The pain isn't too bad... They get sore if I overdue it and I sometimes have shooting pains from near the incision site on one of my boobs.

I tried sleeping in my bed the other night (I've been sleeping in a recliner chair), but couldn't get comfortable. I cannot wait to be able to lay on my side. It's like a craving when I'm on the couch watching tv.

I've found some things that I still cannot do (because they're uncomfortable or make me sore afterwards):
1. Washing my windshield
2. Yard work
3. Vaccuuming
4. Grocery Shopping (I can do it, but pushing the cart or carrying a basket for any length of time gets uncomfortable).

All in all, I still have no regrets about it. I love how they look. I feel so much sexier and confident.

2 weeks post op!

1. Washing my windshield
2. Yard work
3. Vaccuuming

3 weeks post op!

I feel like a lot of healing has happened in the last week. I am finally sleeping in my bed again, and a lot of my pain has gone away. It still hurts to sleep on my side however. I can tell that one boob is healing (and dropping) faster than the other. As long as the other eventually catches up, I'm ok with that. Also, my incisions are healing nicely.

I went back to the gym yesterday and just did cardio. Man, it felt good to be back, but it was such a weird feeling doing the elliptical with boobs! It could be because I was wearing a super tight sports bra, but...they just felt really tight and really heavy. I was totally overly conscious of them.

Other than that, I don't have a whole lot new to add. Life is mostly back to normal. The main updates are just that most of the pain is gone and sleeping in the bed again. Doing the massage is still a bit uncomfortable though.

5 weeks post op

Just wanted to post a few new pics. I'm feeling pretty good. Able to sleep on my side and do stuff like vaccuum without any pain. My right nipple was incredibly sensitive for about a week, but that's subsided and I think the incisions are looking pretty good. I went to the gym yesterday and did a very light arm and ab workout. I just want to get back in the groove of lifting weights, but I'll wait until next week or the following to so any chest workouts or to lift anything heavy. Anyways, all in all, still doing good. :)
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

I found Dr. Kaczynski through doing research on the web and through this site. He has lots of experience, and also uses the Keller Funnel, which I think shows that he's always trying to improve himself as a Dr and is open to changing with the times. I've only had 1 consultation with him, but so far I don't have any complaints.

I have my consult sept 5! =) do you still have nipple sensation?
Yay! That's exciting! And yep. I still have sensation in my nipples. Probably more sensation than before, but I'm hoping that will subside as time passes.
Thanks for the reply, I was wondering where you went? :-) your journey has helped me so much with mine. Thank you!
You are the first person I've found on this sight that started out looking exactly like me & didn't want to be huge. I was thinking I only wanted to come out with B but Now I'm not so sure, you look great. Did you have high profile or moderate?
I haven't been on this site for awhile and so I just noticed this comment. I had moderate. And I've been sized at Victoria's Secret... I'm right between a B and C cup according to their measurements, but the C cup bra fits better than the B. I'm still so happy with my size.
Looks like your size is perfect for you! You look really good and thats great you were able to use the elliptical, did you use the arms on it or just the legs? I am not a huge work out girl but would like to do some cardio but am scared of moving my arms tons. Glad you are able to sleep in your bed, thats suchhh a good feeling!!
I believe you said you had the funnel method and if so, do you still feel sensation in your nipples? And does Dr. K, require all money upfront? He is looking like my top choice but I just need him to work with me.
Yeah, he uses the funnel. My nipples are like hypersensitive right now. And I don't mean in a good way. I don't know how they'll feel when they're all recovered, but at least they're not completely numb or anything. I don't know if he requires all the money up front. I planned on paying that way, so I didn't even ask about payment options or whatever. I would assume they might have something like that though. You should totally ask about it! I'm sure it's a common enough question. I haven't rated him on here since I've had my boobs done, only because I've been lazy. But, I still think he's really talented. My only complaint is that he didn't spend much time with me. All in all, besides the surgery, I probably spent no more than 30 minutes with him. But, the women in his office were all really friendly and able to answer my questions. And just because he didn't spent much time talking to me doesn't mean that he's not good at what he does. If you do a consultation with him, I'd be really interested to hear what you think!
You look so fantastic. I think I am going to look like you too. I'm in love with mine too. It's my night in hospital and can't sleep much due to the pain. My boobs are caining!!! Pain killer seems to just last 4 hours. But sooooo relieved. Xoxo
I agree you look great!! Not riding high....which i know was a concern for you...they look real good. 18 days for me! Preop in tuesday!
Thank you!! Good luck Tuesday! Excited for you!
Wow. You look awesome ALREADY! Congratulations!
Thank you!
I have had horrible posture all day!! (Po day 7 and back to work for the first time today) I felt hunched over all day, I will have to work on that! Work was tough, I was in a good amt of pain by the end of the day n I had to take a pain pill when I got home :(
Thank you for telling me this! I was starting to wonder if it's normal to still be in pain, so I appreciate you sharing with me that you are too! Hope you're feeling at least a little better today!
Were you ok with driving on ur day 4? I am worried about not taking enough days off work because I have to drive at least 25 miles to work! I am planning on doing surgery on a thurs and going back the following wed. I dont plan on taking the strong meds that long so im not worried about medication wise, just feeling and soreness.
25 miles to work would make me nervous too! I live in a small town where everything is like 5 miles away or less. But, it's not like it was painful to drive, it just feels really weird. Like trying to turn or watching where you're going as you backup...it's almost like I can feel the implants. I'm not sure if that's what it is exactly, but all I can say is that it feels funny. I would think by Wednesday when you go back to work you'd be fine, but maybe try driving a short distance before driving the 25 miles to work just to see how you feel.
Ya i will do a shorter distance just to test it out the day before. I think a lot of people dont drive early b/c of the medication, but i do not plan on taking the stronger meds much more than a couple days (hopefully!!). But thank you, I will do a test drive before the work drive! traffic can be crazy I work in Orlando, FL and 7-8am is rush hour!
Good luck! My surgery was on Monday and I still don't even feel like its real, they have me bandaged up so much! Once I wear real clothes I bet it will feel more real :) best wishes!
Thank you! I'm still in a bit of pain, especially my left boob. How are you feeling?
Doing much better today. Have not had to take any Percocet, just ibuprofen. I can get up and down on my own. My hubby went to work today so I'm doing everything on my own. I've only taken off my bras and wrap twice since yesterday. I can't wait till I don't have to wear the stupid wrap! It's so tight and in my armpits and makes me itchy!! Glad your doing well!
Hope it goes well, I'm sure you will look fantastic!
Thank you!