The Jury Not in Yet - Sacramento, CA

I went in with the decision to have my implants...

I went in with the decision to have my implants removed. I wanted a lift and nipple reduction. I have 4 children and breast fed 3 without the implants and 1 with them. After 23 years it was time to get them out. I was told by 2 doctors that my right one had ruptured. That turned out to be not true. Although I had the saline and silicone impacts, it worried me that silicone was floating around my body. Although my intentions were to have them removed and have a lift with a nipple reduction, at the last minute, I decided to have newer ones put in. My old ones were over the muscle, and these are under. I really wanted to go "all natural" and that was my true intentions, but after talking to my husband we decide to get the "gummy bear" implants under the muscle, and go smaller. This was years of decision making coming down to the day before my surgery. My husband admitted his concerns about us not being happy with my outcome. After hours of talk, I decided that it may be the right decision. I'm still not sure I made the right decision. I went from a medium D cup to a Medium C cup. I'm still healing so I can't say for sure I'm happy. I think that once you have made the decision to go "all natural", (which was a hard decision) I was anticipating my breasts to be much smaller. Now I look in the mirror and I see a full C cup. I wanted to be natural and so far I just look like I have smaller "fake boobs". Time will tell, and I'll keep posting. Thanks.
K

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. This must feel like an emotional roller coaster for you. How are you doing with your new implants? Has the swelling subsided and are they dropping place? I'm hoping that the new technology of implants and a smaller size, allows you to feel comfortable with them. Did you end up getting the lift you were seeking? Take care!

The swelling and bruising is almost gone. The lower stitches are rough and still feel a bit like "ropes". They haven't dropped yet so for now they still look pretty fake. The size still seems bigger than I wanted, ( c ) but my husband is happy. The lift is the best part. After nursing babies for four years of my life, my nipples were huge and my breasts saggy, so the lift turned out great and I'm very happy.

Since you are only 2 weeks post op, you're right, they haven't dropped yet. Tell your husband to hold off....I'm sure they will mellow out a lot over the next 6 months.  :)  Glad you love the lift!

Hi. You were so very luck to have had yours for the 23 yrs and over the muscle. If you read my review you'll see I haven't been lucky. Had 5 th revision 13 days ago and so far am amazed with what the Dr. Was able to do as a lot of problems there. I wanted to go natural but prior to surgery he deflated mine and I had absolutely nothing, volume lost and wrinkled skin which he was gonna do lift and shape if that is what I wanted. I always had a natural decent chest in my days, so hard for me to believe where it all went. Anyway I could not take looking at myself that way and husband supportive either way so knew I had to put something in, because he had really been wanting me to take out all these yrs just because of problems I had and after seeing me he said whichever way you want to go is fine with me, so that kinda told me something as to knowing that my luck , may have other surgeries to come. My dr was very compassionate and has given me myself back.
I'm glad the doctor deflated your so that you could get an idea of what was to be if you go all natural. It was smart of him. I know for me I was ready to go natural but I think my husband was the reluctant one. And after all, he the one who sees them all the time, right?