58 Years Old, Facelift, Necklift and Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery - Sacramento, CA

My surgery is 1 week from today and I am really...

My surgery is 1 week from today and I am really scared about how much pain I will be in and how I will end up looking. I'm also afraid of how bad the scars will look. I have a high hairline so I know the scars will be easily visible. I don't want to look different, you know like someone else, just rejuvenated. I just had cataract surgery and no longer need to where glasses. I'm hoping people will just think I look different because they haven't seen me without glasses for 15 years.
Hi Betty. I had a facelift, upper and lower eyelid surgery and neck lift on July 25, 2014. Pain was minimal. I did not need any pain medication. So far no major complications. A mild case of swelling in my sclera on left eye but is slowly getting better. Range of neck rotation is limited but is improving every day. 58 yr old female from Houston, TX.
Good luck Betty!
Thank you so much! It makes me feel a little less anxious knowing that someone else the my age had the same procedures and found the pain to be minimal. Why is your neck range limited? Is that normal?

Photos 6 days before surgery

Betty - Still waiting to hear from you. So anxious to hear how you are doing.
Thinking of you Betty, hoping to hear from you soon. Take care! XO
I hope all went well with your surgery. Looking forward to new pictures!

Post of pics and update.

Thank you so much everyone for your concerns! Until today I just wasn't up to getting on the internet and posting pics, etc. I do have so much to share, though First, my husband was absolutely fabulous and has been taking such wonderful care of me. Also, my surgeon and the nurses at uc davis med center were the best, too. So far the worst part was the first day when my eyes had swollen so badly that I could feel the stitches scratching my eyes every time I blinked or moved them..extremely painful. By the next morning it was much better. The second worst thing was the horrible side effects I had from the norco, itching, pounding headache and feeling like I was going to come out of my skin. When I went back to see my surgeon on thursday to remove the drain he prescribed me valium and tylenol with codeine and also said I could start taking ibroprofen. I started feeling better immediately. I was finally able to sleep, too. I go back next thursday to have my eye stitches and the stitches along my face removed. I week later he will remove the stitches behind my ears. As you can see by the pictures I was pretty bruised to begin with but that is quickly going away. I have been taking arnica montana so I don't know if its from that. My face is still pretty swollen and last night I did have a fever of almost 101. The ps on call said to take ibroprofen since it was probably due to having my drain removed and the swelling/inflammation caused a fever. It seemed to work because by morning my temp was back to normal. I can't thank everyone on here enough for your support and kind words. You gave me the courage to follow through and knowing that I would improve quickly. Thanks again everyone!!!
Betty, wondering how you are doing? My eyes are feeling so dry and irritated and I use drops all day long. My neck is still tight with some swelling and I still have some numbness. Wish the healing process was a little faster!
Hi Lee101, I am feeling the same way. In fact, I had cataract surgery 1 month prior to my surgery, so my eyes were a mess. I had to see my eye doc on Monday and he prescribed me oinment to put in my eyes. He told me to continue to use the natural tear drops, too. It has helped tremendously, although my eyes still are dry. He explained that there are times at night my eyes are not completley closed. They become dry and almost cracked, so they feel like they have something in them. I go back today for a recheck. Thank goodness my new lenses are fine. I don't want to have that surgery again. Yes my neck is still tight and my face is numb from my ears about half way to my mouth.. I saw my ps yesterday and he took out the stiches behind my ears. They werent ready to come out last week. I told him I just love my neck and face but was a little unhappy about my eyes. I said they still looked a little tired. I had my eyelids done and a temperal lift. He did not think I needed a brow lift at the time. He said to wait another 4 weeks and see what they look like and if I'm unhappy he would do an enhancement in his office and extend the temperal lift an inch or so and it give my eyes that extra lift. Im a little dissapointed, but I knew he was conservative, which I would rather have than too aggressive, with no going back. So overalll i'm very happy when I look in the mirror. I know it can be very frustratating with the numbness and tightness, etc. I guess because I had plastic surgery many years ago, (elsewhere), I knew this would happen and take time to resolve. So I totally understand where you are coming from. Fortunately, time goes by so fast and after a while you just kind of get use to it. So otherwise, how are you doing? Are you happy with the results so far?
Lee, why don't you call your ps and ask them to prescribe you an ointment to put in your eyes? If they won't can you see your eye doctor? As I posted a minute ago, my eye docs were happy to do so and my eyes feel so much better. You should not have to suffer. xoxo

3 weeks post surgery

Its hard to believe its already been 3 weeks! I am feeling almost like my old self again. I still have some numbness although most of the tightness is gone. I also still have some faint bruising about an 1/2 inch under my eyes in the shape of a crescent. Other than that I feel pretty good. I'm still not real happy about my upper eyelids so I'm pretty sure I will go with the enhancement to pull my outer brows up a bit more. My pc will discuss this more with me when I see him at 6 weeks, 3 weeks from now. All and all I'm pretty happy and have not regrets whatsoever in doing this. Here is a pic I just took of myself (with no makeup)
Hi there, You had the exact surgery I'm looking to have done. I've noticed prices for the upper and lower eyes and the lower face and next lift really vary by doc. I definitely want a Plastic's to do mine. Can you tell me the cost for those procedures? I hope I'm not over stepping by asking but I don't want to pay 10 doctors a $100.00 consult fee to find out and they won't tell you without a consult. Thanks, T
Hi Teri, where do you live?
Hello, Sacramento

Almost 8 weeks since my surgery and 1 week since my enhancement

Hard to believe its almost been 8 weeks. I did have my enhancement done to help raise my eyes a bit more. Today is our wedding anniversary and my husband took these pics. I am so happy that I had this done and am extremely happy with my doctor(s)!
Yes, can you please explain how the enhancement is done? I asked another person about enhancement but unfortunately she didn't answer :(
I'd love to know how the enhancement was done too :)
Please let us know if you had a lower eye lift as well, and what exactly was the procedure your dr did a few weeks later for upper eyes.. Thank you very much..Kim

Enhancement anwer

I had a few people ask me what kind of enhancement I had done. I originally had a temperal lift and I still had a little excess skin above my right eye so my ps extended the left by an inch or so. It was done in his office with local anesthetic. It was completley pain free and since I took a Xanex I slept through it all. I am extremely happy with the results.
Hi, you look great! I myself had a facelift about a year ago. I'm very disappointed with it. The doctor (F.H. Dallas TX) performed a "natural" look that it looks as if I never had the surgery! :( I wish I had taken pictures. I look the same as before and after. I wasted $12,500. So please anyone that is looking for a surgeon look for one that only performs face lifts. Specializes just on the face.
He would not do any type of enhancements to give you the results you would be happy with?
Extended the eye lift by an inch or two or the brow lift by an inch or two. Guessing the brow, but a brow lift is not a simple skin only procedure. So did he just do a simple "skin pinch" rather than an additional more complicated tightening of the lateral brow muscles? Sorry to be so dense but any chance you could, when swelling is down show the additional scar area and the b4 and after of the "enhancement's result". tks, grace

Before and after enhancement photos of eyes

Not sure if you can tell the difference, but I can and am very happy with the results.
The enhancement is amazing but ur FL looks so natural and u looking absolutely amazing. What does it husband and family say about the new u?
Thank you! I suppose I am the most excited about the new me. My husband says I look great, but loved me the way I was before, too. I didn't tell most family members. However, since I stopped wearing glasses before the surgery (I had cataracts removed), everyone attributes my new look due to that. Also, some have asked if I lost weight or did I have my hair highlighted? I'm happy that its natural enough to not be noticable, but enough to make a difference.
I see the results and it made a HUGE difference that looks great. Any reason he wouldn't have done this initially. Guess your sense of aesthetics are different from his. I vote for yours! And super great it was a simple procedure. But on the specs.....was it just an lateral skin-only excision or more involved than that? tks so much for the pic which clearly showed that you made a great call in pressing this issue...grace
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Wong is so nice and he makes me feel very comfortable. I have heard he is an excellent plastic surgeon, too.