$10,000 Post-Invisalign Work

Before deciding on Invisalign, be aware that it is...

Before deciding on Invisalign, be aware that it is strictly cosmetic. It will not correct alignment problems, and can create them. I have had three root canals and one implant that have cost over $10,000 as a result of the pressure put on my teeth from their no longer correctly aligning after the use of Invisalign. Invisalign itself has not decided on the proper follow-up for retaining the bite - whether to have patients wear the trays on alternating nights, both uppers and lowers, etc. When I stop wearing my trays, my bite comes back together, but then my teeth begin to crowd again, so basically if I want to have my teeth stop cracking, I have to write off the time and $6800 for Invisalign. Invisalign is not the second coming. It seems like a great alternative to traditional braces, but if I had it to do over again, I would definitely stick with the traditional method. If you are an Invisialign user and your molars no longer meet, as I have read about in other cases, be aware that you have created a condition where your teeth are highly susceptible to cracking. Also, if you still decide to go through with it, be sure to shop prices. It is all the same, and any dentist can do it.

Sacramento Orthodontist

Reluctant to take any responsibility for the problems I have had with my teeth since Invisalign. Used the excuse that my teeth were susceptible to cracking, an opinion with which my dentist disagreed. Told him if that was the case, why didn't he tell me that before I started in with Invisalign. He is also much more expensive than other dentists in the area at $6800.