Vaser High Def Lipo Improved Results from Previous Lipo - Sacramento

I just had Vaser High Definition Lipo on my torso,...

I just had Vaser High Definition Lipo on my torso, front and back, in August 2009. I had previously had traditional lipo on the same area done in 2004, but was left with a ropey patch across my abs and banana rolls in back that looked unchanged.

My procedure lasted just under 4 hours, during which the surgeon removed 2,000 ccs of fat (about 8.5 cups' worth!). I had a very smooth recovery from the anesthesia, and was able to manage the pain afterwords with Hydrocodone.

I have a regular fitness regimen, so this "liposculpture" just addressed some stubborn areas as well as fixed the poor results from my earlier surgery.

NOTE: I just edited this review to add a comment:...

NOTE: I just edited this review to add a comment: the photos shown here are NOT ME! (I don't even own a pair of bikini undies like the ones shown here.) In the interest of honesty, I want to be clear about that, because it's possible that the RealSelf editors rotate in photos if we don't post some ourselves? Anyway, I have photos, and my "afters" look great - but I just have not taken the time to post them here. Now on to my original review of the Vaser Lipo procedure:

I had Vaser High Definition Lipo on my torso, front and back, in August 2009. I had previously had traditional lipo on the same area done in 2004, but was left with a ropey patch across my abs and banana rolls in back that looked unchanged.

Vaser High Def Lipo STILL Rockin' 5 Years After!

Dr. Andrew Kaczynski (Sac'to, CA) did my Vaser High Definition Lipo on my torso, front and back, in August 2009. I had previously had traditional lipo on the same area done in 2004 by a different surgeon, but had been left with a ropey patch of scar tissue across my abs, plus the same banana rolls of fat on my back that looked completely unchanged - as if the first surgeon had run out of time and never even touched them. I had tried exercise and a course of endermologie treatments to work that scar tissue down - to absolutely NO avail! It was just incredibly frustrating to see that stubborn garden hose of hard scar tissue across my abs - definitely NOT a bikini bod.

Before choosing Dr. K, I first did some basic research on the web to see what form of lipo might work best. I was looking for a technology that was cutting edge, effective and above all, SAFE. It seemed that back in 2009, Vaser High Def lipo fit the bill. I next found surgeons in my general area who were trained to perform the procedure, and that's how I discovered Dr. K. In reviewing his website, I was impressed with his level of experience and the before/after shots posted. I had a consultation, and found him extremely candid, direct and credible. He took me on a tour of the surgi-center in his office where he performs his surgery. That in-house surgical center was another factor that persuaded me to go with Dr. K. He is scrupulous in hygiene and safety! Subsequently, I also talked with the CRN who handled the anesthesia - another extremely critical concern of mine, as I'd had a very rough recovery from ketamine used on my surgery in 2004. She assured me that she'd keep me *just* under enough so I'd never be aware of the surgical trauma, but the recovery would be nausea-free. She was as good as her word!

My procedure lasted just under 4 hours, during which Dr. K removed 2,000 ccs of fat (about 8.5 cups' worth!). I had a very smooth recovery from the anesthesia, and was able to manage the pain afterwords with Hydrocodone. I did experience ONE bout of nausea a few days after surgery when I returned to Dr. K so he could remove two of the four drainage tubes from my torso. When I got the final two tubes removed a few days after that, I had no more nausea!

All that said, the recovery is not trivial! For about 10 days, it truly felt like I'd had my torso run over by a burning steamroller. The results gradually appear, and seem to achieve their best about 6 mos post - so plan ahead for the summer! Dr. K had me wear a special foam wrap around my torso for a couple weeks, then I transitioned to a support garment for several more weeks. Incredibly, that foam wrap prevents any bruising - and I am a prolific bruiser/sweller! Not ONE bruise was to be seen on my torso.

I am now almost FIVE years post, and at 58, still have my bikini bod thanks to Dr. K's sculpting technique and my own determination and hard work to keep it that way. I told Dr. K "I'm your poster gal for the almost-60 bikini bod babes!" :-) Very, very satisfied with my results. Maybe not the easiest surgery to have, but absolutely worth it.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

My surgeon was able to use Vaser High Def lipo to resolve issues I'd had for five years from a previous lipo surgery.

Thanks for the update :)
Hooray!! I just removed that photo of my burned face next to my name!

Oddly enough, when I went to Edit Account Info, it showed the photo being a ladybug on a flower! Argh! I have no clue how that image turned into a shot of my burned face. But it's fixed now - so thank you VERY much for that techie tip! :-)

Hi Bugjune -- Just wanted to clarify that the photos shown above your review are links to our Before & After section, which shows all photos. Just to be extra clear so nobody thinks we're changing photos around without your knowledge! :)

Like RealSelf? Join us on Facebook
Thanks for making that super clear Sharon! Cuz when I saw this review of mine about a week ago, I nearly had a heart attack! I wondered, "Who is that gal in the black bikini undie set?!" I was afraid folks would think it was me.

Oddly enough, someone at RealSelf has added my photo avatar (shown next to all my posts here), too. Cuz I'd actually prefer NOT to have my MixTo lasered face showing all over the RealSelf boards! But one day, I logged on to RealSelf and SAW MY RED, burned face! Yikes! I'd rather just have a generic "head" icon. You might want to pass that request on to the "powers that be." Cuz not all of us who post here want our faces shown all over, and IF I have to show my face, I'd rather submit a shot as I look now, 6 months after the MixTo laser burned my face.

Hmm, that's really strange. We don't go around doing that! I can certainly understand your concern. I'll replace it ASAP. You can also change it by clicking "Edit account info" in the upper-right corner of the page.

P.S. If my stomach looked like the "after" photo I think I'd want to pretend it was me. ;)

Quite frankly, YES, I do think that 1.5 hours is about half the time that it would take to do both abs and flanks! Cuz what you're really talking about is doing the front AND back of the torso. My PS added in the top of my butt area, to ensure a very, very nice, smooth transition from waist to butt. I LOVE MY BACK! Now granted, at your height and weight, it doesn't look like you'd have a LOT to remove, but even so, you want time and care taken to get the true sculpting results Vaser can deliver. Anyone can just suck fat out here and there, but the skill required to move that ultra slim Vaser cannula is going to be a cut above. I'd think about getting at least 2 more consults before you decide which surgeon will alter YOUR body - for good!
I am currently interested in using this PS- just wondering what your experience was pre and post op? I am looking at hving my back and abdomen done.
1457anon, while my outcome was OUTSTANDING with Dr. K, I do feel compelled to warn you: there was a nurse in his office who nearly turned me off to the entire process! At my initial pre-op, she had a lengthy questionnaire for me to fill out - but I also had questions I wanted to ask. She was real rude and basically told me if I kept "wasting her time" with my questions, she'd never get the answers to hers! Yow! But I persevered because I felt Dr. K would do a great job. He is a perfectionist! So be prepared to go in for several follow-ups, get the right garment, lots of good after-care and fussing over, and even cool laser treatments a few weeks after surgery. If you invest the time and effort to follow Dr. K's instructions, you could very well have the kind of "poster gal" results I got. But not everyone in the office is patient-oriented. That said, I would not hesitate for one minute to return to him for future work. Good luck to you, whatever your decision!
Thank You so much for this infomation- finding the right PS is so difficult - this really helps me.
Hi Bugjune! Glad to hear of your successful procedure! I recently had my first consult for liposuction of the abdomen and flanks, and the PS said that he expects the (VASER)operation to take 1.5 hours. I am 5'4," less than 128lb (haven't checked in a long time), and my stomache really is just a problem area. However, do you think 1.5 is unusually short an operating time? I am reading of VASER operations that took much longer, and I am afraid that the PS won't be spending enough time on me!