Very Comfortable from my First Consutation to the Procedure and the Care Afterwards - Rye, NY

I had loose skin and stretch marks from two...

I had loose skin and stretch marks from two pregnancies and my abdominal muscles were very stretched exacerbating my back pain.

I am a 36 year old mother of two, my last...

I am a 36 year old mother of two, my last pregnancy really stretched my stomach to the point of no return. Even though I am a pilates instructor and in very good shape, I still had really loose skin and stretch marks below my belly button that made it impossible to wear a bikini and embaressing to wear tight fitting shirts because the skin would sag over my pants. I lost self confidence and was embaressed to show my body even to my husband. My older son called it my 'udder'..
I met Dr. Suzman and immediately felt at ease and that he understood my issue. But what was best was that he encouraged me to really think about it the procedure before jumping into it.
I scheduled the surgery and was a little nervous because I had read some scary things and seen some scary pictures, but when I woke up, it just felt like I had been doing a LOT of sit ups. The worst part was that I was dizzy from the anesthesia. I was able to walk around that evening and slept propped up and quite comfortably. Dr. Suzman even gave me a stage 2 compression garment to wear later that evening...
I didn't get the drain removed for a week because I was still producing a fair amount of fluid, but the next Monday it was taken out. I took arnica and Bromelain every day and so the bruising was minimal. I stayed slightly hunched over for almost 2 weeks, but started to drive my boys around before the 10 days because I felt comfortable. I didn't even really need the rx pain medication, although it made sleeping propped up a bit easier :)
At 2 weeks the Dr. told me I was healing ahead of schedule. And now at 5 weeks, I am able to resume Pilates- not at the level I was used to, that is a ways off, but I feel great and I am already in a bikini!!!
New York Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Suzman is a wonderful Dr., very professional, honest and thoughtful. I am extremely happy with the results and I am only 5 weeks post-op. I went from thinking I would never wear a bikni again to purchasing my first one in 5 years! I highly recommend him. He says that my results will only get better, and in about 3 months I will see the full effects. I am happy right now and if it gets better, WOW!!!

Hi,
How nice to read your had such a nice and good surgeon and are so happy with the results!
Have fun and enjoy your new belly.
@Angiemcc: My children call my belly their pillow too! lol

Well, at least we can be comforting for them. :)

An udder! What a sense of humor. My kids call my belly their "pillow". Nice.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience here on RealSelf! I'm glad you were able to get this done.