Non-invasive Skin Tightening Procedure - Minor Improvement - Royal Palm Beach, FL

I saw a Groupon for Venus Freeze treatment and...

I saw a Groupon for Venus Freeze treatment and decided to give it a try. The treatment took about 30 minutes for the face and neck. The procedure was painless - it felt like hot marbles being rolled along my face and neck. My skin was pink for about 30 minutes after. I was really hoping it would make a difference, but I did not see much change. There was some, but not enough for me to continue the treatment.

I considered purchasing 3 more treatments as recommended, but the center I went to was very unethical with the Groupon. I had called with questions before making the purchase and was told that Groupon keeps half the money so she would not only throw in a free neck if I purchased at Groupon price directly from her, but also allow me to purchase an addition 3 sessions at the Groupon price. After I finished my final session and inquired she told me that the Groupon deal was a one-time thing and I would not be permitted to purchase an additional 3 at the discounted rate. She was quite rude and made me feel like I was trying to pull one over on her.

Since the changes were not dramatic enough I opted not to purchase more, much less from that merchant.

A week after final session

I still have not noticed any real difference in my skin. I thought I had seen some improvement, but perhaps it's more of a case of fools gold. The success rate on realself is very high, but I am not seeing it. I wish there were more user photos to support the success. Some of the photos I have seen seem like stock photos to me. The doctor who performed my laser eye surgery told me these things do not work, but for $149 I gave it a try so not much lost. I have read that if too aggressive with these treatments there can be fat loss and people have to get fillers. Don't think I'll do it again.
Smart For Life

The woman who actually performed the procedure seemed to have a done a good job. However, since I have nothing in which to compare it is hard for me to say. I was called and told to reschedule an appointment and when I showed was told that I had made a mistake. When I mentioned the name of the woman who called it was unmistakable who was at fault. While I did receive an apology, I felt like the attitude was one of not caring despite the fact that I had to rush over there during my lunch hour. I will not go back to Smart For Life, however, because not only was the atmosphere tense and uncomfortable, but I was also not honored the Groupon deal I was promised.

Please check with the manufacturer of the device or any other provider of the Venus Freeze or Venus Legacy service. One treatment is NOT meant to show any result, or at most, a temporary "Cinderella" effect. Long term and more dramatic results require 6 weekly treatments for skin tightening, and 8-10 treatments for circumference (fat) reduction. This is a problem with Groupon...they post for a "single" treatment and that is NOT the protocol for results!
I had 6 for neck, 4 for face and nothing. I suppose I was lied to with the intention of me paying full price for the additional needed treatments.
Correction, 3 on face, 4 on neck.
Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us.

I'm sorry it didn't provide the results you were looking for. Did you speak with your provider about your lack of results and get their opinion on what went wrong?
I did speak to them and was told that she saw results. I considered purchasing another 4 treatments under the Groupon price as she had verbally offered, but I was quite disgusted when she reneged on her offer. It was a well orchestrated attempt between the manager and technician to get me to buy more at a higher price. I don't shrug these things off. I walk away and try to warn others. Perhaps I'll try refirme.
I understand your feelings. I misunderstood your original post and thought that you had only had 1 procedure. Still, Mary, the protocol is a minimum of 6 treatments for skin tightening. If you only did 3 (face) or 4 (neck), you did not receive the full or proper treatment. The realself rating for the Freeze is so high because the device DOES work. Individuals also have different degrees of skin laxity, skin health (ie: sun damage), different amounts of collagen depletion and different expectations. Remember...this is not surgery! It is the small print of ALL cosmetic procedures..."Individual results will vary". Sorry you were not happy with your result...or your provider!