Looking AND Feeling Like a New Woman - Round Rock, TX

I visited Dr. Kerr after much research to have a...

I visited Dr. Kerr after much research to have a Mommy Makeover done. After having 3 c-sections in 3 years, my abdomen had terrible muscle separation and 2 hernias, resulting in an unsightly bulge. I couldn't do any ab exercises to fix the problem and felt terribly helpless. Simple hernia repair wouldn't have fixed my diastasis recti bulge, so I decided that an abdominoplasty would be the best approach to restoring the appearance of my abs while solving the hernia problem. During the consultation with Dr. Kerr, he laid out numerous options for surgery, thoroughly discussing the pros/cons/risks, of all options. Before that meeting, I honestly had no idea there could be numerous approaches to the various procedures. We also received the pricing for all of the options available to us. I felt that I was given all of the necessary information to make a truly informed decision. My husband and I decided to pursue a full mommy makeover, including a breast lift/augmentation and inner-thigh liposuction.
I am now more than 7 weeks post-op and extremely happy with my decision! My stomach is so flat now and my clothes fit better than I ever could have imagined. My overall shape looks amazing and I've regained SO MUCH of my lost confidence. Although the recovery is not easy (abdominoplasty, to me, is a more difficult recovery than a c-section), it was worth it. After 2 weeks, I felt a lot more normal and after 6 weeks I felt truly wonderful and was able to start light exercise. With my new shape, I was extremely motivated to eat better and have lost 5 pounds in the last month, which has been an added, unexpected benefit.
I had a small area on my incision that wasn't healing as well as the rest of the incision and Dr. Kerr followed it vigilantly (requiring a few additional follow-up visits) to make sure it ended up healing properly, which it did. I appreciated his concern and follow-through. Overall, his bedside manner is wonderful and his staff is extremely friendly and courteous.
I've even taken advantage of the medspa treatments and products offered through his office and have been pleased with the glow that my complexion now has after a chemical peel and use of the SkinMedica products for several weeks.
I would definitely recommend Synergy Plastic Surgery, specifically Dr. Kerr, to anyone in the Austin area who is looking for a plastic surgery solution.
Austin Plastic Surgeon

Hello, so happy to hear you are doing well and past the hardest part. 9 days post for me and can't wait to walk upright. When you say light excercise, what did that consist of? Can't wait to get moving again.
More walking (pushing stroller), elliptical machine (20-25 minutes), and some push-ups to ease back into using my abs and pectorals. I did take 1 light mat pilates class at 7 weeks post-op and felt it for a few days. Dr. Kerr recommended I wait another 2 weeks to tackle even light pilates, so I'm putting that all on hold. I plan to start playing tennis again next week, after 8 weeks post-op. Best wishes to you! You are nearly through the roughest part. :)