32 Year Old Ex Body Builder with 2 Kids. Diastasis Recti! I Hate You! - Round Rock, TX

Long before my husband and I had children, I...

Long before my husband and I had children, I assured him that my body would get a full fledged workout. I am 4'9" and I range between 93-96 lbs. depending on what I eat. Well, let's just say the girls got more than they bargained with and need a little help, as well as my belly. I had never heard of diastasis recti nor did I even realize that a majority of mothers get this and they just think they have extra fat. In reality, it is a horrible separation of the abdominal wall that affects your posture, your stomach girth, your waist size and your confidence. For years, I have been wearing spanx constantly, I tried the Tupler Method, I did planks even before planking was a thing and I ate clean and healthy. To no avail, I still look 5 months pregnant. My husband has been supportive but I think the lack of confidence in myself has taken a toll on us. He thinks I am beautiful no matter how I look since I am the mother of his children. He says that a lot but still senses my insecurities. I, initially, just wanted a TT but after two well fed, breast loving kiddos...I am leaning toward getting my breasts done, as well. The way I see it, If I am going to do it...than I AM GOING TO DO IT. I want those suckers up there, round, full and where they were before. Maybe not full like "milk coming in boobs" but at least get them a little perky. I feel like I am tucking puppy dog ears into my bra daily. I am sick of people asking me how far along I am in my pregnancy. I am sick of wearing baggy shirts. I am sick of Googling "tankini's for big bellies." I may never again feel comfortable in a two-piece but I would like to wear a shirt that actually fits. I would love to purchase a high waisted bikini with a little bit of retro flare. I would love to have my confidence back. Most of all, I would love to feel like the old me again. Once I actually get the process going, I'll share some very personal and intimate photos of my body. Hopefully, I'll have the courage to post. I plan on getting back into body building again once I am fully recovered. I hope that people understand that everyone is different. Our bodies change in different ways and no one is exactly like the other. Be happy, love life and work hard. There is always a way to fix something. If hard work and dedication can't get you there, perhaps a Mommy makeover is for you. Procedure details: lipo of the flanks with that fat added to the breast area, breast lift, tummy tuck, hernia repair and possible implants depending on the amount of fat available from the flanks.

Before Photos: Gah! 17 Days to go...

These photos hard to post but it'll be good to see the process. I am getting more nervous each day. I'm actually quite terrified of the recovery process. My mother will be in town to help along with my husband. I'll only have her here for about 10 days and then I am going to be solo with the kids. Fortunately, I think I will get some help from my in laws in regards to watching them. How nervous were all of you lovely ladies beforehand? How long was it before you were able to get out of bed and play with the kids...even if that means just sitting while coloring or watching Frozen for the 120th time?

More before photos...

This makes me just feel blah.

I am having issues posting photos: Maybe that is a sign...?

I am going to give it one more go to post photos. Still makes me feel blah...

Photos: retying the upload

I hope these take. I'm sorry for the graphic nature. :(

Love my Doctor and his staff!

Well, I went in for a pre op consult and I'm sure that I've found the perfect doctor. We've decided against implants and opted for fat grafting of the breast from lipo of the flanks. I love this considering I'm a little "granola." I will maintain my breast size at a 32D but I'll be a full, round D rather than a saggy D. I'm so nervous about the tt due to the fear of the of the pain and the lack of attention and piggy back rides from the kiddos. I'm certain that I'm in great hands and that takes the edge off. The day is almost here....EEEEESSSHH!

5 Days to GO!!!!

I am getting extremely nervous. I think my biggest fear is the anesthesia. I am really scared about going under and not waking up. I am not really sure it is weighing on my mind so much but it is. Meanwhile, I am planning on making a trip to the store to load up things that I'll need for the recovery. Now, I just wish that I could calm my nerves!

6 Days post op

I have got to say, the first 3 days were a doozie! I don't remember much after the surgery or the recovery room but I do remember a bumpy ride home. I was basically in and out of consciousnesses for the first day after my MM. I woke up my recliner crying and writhing of pain. I started out on 2 2mg pills if dilaudid with one Xanax every 4 hours along with Bromalien and Arnika Montana for the bruising. That combination of pills was not working until we incorporated 4 ibuprofen into the mix. I took this concoction for two more days until I started to ween off a bit. I am now 6 days post op and taking 1 dilaudid, 1/2 xanax and 2 Ibprofen every 6 hours. I have to say that the most painful part of this is the bruising from the lipo of the flanks and thighs. I, apparently, am on the worse side of bruising. I am moving along much better and I am able to shower alone and do little tasks around the house. I am so thankful to have help from my mother and my husband. Without their help I don't think having this procedure would even be possible. I am still fairly swollen on my back, legs and a little on the lower abdomen but not too badly. Funny thing, my breasts don't hurt one bit! I highly recommend fat grafting from other parts of the body to the breasts. My breasts are full and they feel amazing. I am in love with them already. My doctor and his staff are, hands down, the best! When I got my drain removed on day 4 he was shocked at the bruising but encouraged me to take more Arnika Montana in conjunction with Bromalien. The bruising is awful but I know it will pass. I can say that this is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be and I am looking forward to see the final results! The first 4 photos are of day 3 post op and the remaining photos are from today.

Two weeks and one day post op and feeling wonderful!

I'm officially off pain meds and relaxing a bit more. I had a follow up with Dr. McGee today and all went well. I was told that I can take off the binder now and just wear a firm compression garment like Spanx...which is perfect because I already have plenty of those from before the surgery. My breasts are healing nicely. I no longer have to bandage my incisions, rather tape them up with the light brown surgical tape. My belly button looked a little scary to me, but Dr. McGee took out the stitches and cleaned out the scabbing a bit. I was advised to moisturize it often. Coconut oil is the best for a natural moisturizer. Furthermore, I can now wear normal bras but I was advised to make sure that the under wire shouldn't come up to high on the sides and doesn't rub too much on the incisions underneath my breasts. I still have some swelling on my back where he went in and did lipo of the flanks but it really isn't too bad. I went to Ross today and bought a tight, form fitting tank top that covered my spanx tank perfectly to pair with a cute maxi skirt and I bought a form fitting maxi dress. It looked amazing! I felt so good to be able to wear normal clothes and I wasn't discouraged about any bulges. Seriously, it made me feel like a million dollars. Loving this! The pain still comes and goes but I don't regret a thing!

Almost 3 weeks and loving it...

So, the scar is too high for these low rise bottoms, however, I am confident that it'll fade. I am seeing great results and less swelling. I have some puckering on my TT scar line but I've been massaging it inward with coconut oil and it has made a vast improvement in 3 days! I am not rubbing it on the scars, rather, the skin around the incisions. Love my boobs. May be some more tmi, but my hubby and I had "relations" today. After the "vigorous" workout, I noticed a bit of blood from my tt incision. The blood clotted in a matter of minutes and I saw no split in the incision (thank God!). I cannot be the only gal that is urging some for some "brown chicken brown cow." Get it when you can and own your new body!
So, I am hoping to wear this swimsuit in my back yard. We shall see if it becomes public. :)

1 month post op...the longest month of my life!

Well, I had to call my Dr. yesterday late in the evening. I have a small mass where my breastbone meets my abdomen and it REALLY hurts. They called me in some xanax to relieve the pain. On another note, I have a stomach bug and have been vomiting like crazy. The xanax relieved the spasms but makes me just so darn tired. So, I went in today and the mass appears to be a blood clot. So, nothing too serious and I was told to massage it daily (hurts like HELL). However, things are still in place and there is no real need for worry. But let me tell you how I got here: So, my husband and I decided to have "relations." Not the boring kind...the kind that makes you think about it for days to come. Apparently, I tweaked something in that moment of bliss. Now, my hubby is too scared that he'll hurt me. I have assured him that we have the "go" on future endeavors but we need to tone it down. The massage technique is working but it hurts like mad! So, for all of you wondering when and if it is possible...it is but take it easy. Refrain from feeling like a lioness with a flat belly and awesome boobs. Soft and slow. Trust me, this hurts like a beast. Photos to follow soon. For all of you ladies that feel frisky: hold that high horse and take it easy. Laundry is easier than sex at the moment and that is saying a lot! ;)

7 Weeks Post Op

Well, it has been amazing these past few weeks. I am feeling much better and the soreness in my abdomen is completely gone. I still have quite a bit of numbness in my flank area from the lipo but it improves each day. My scars are really starting to fade into a nice pink color rather than deep purple. My nipples are soooo, soooo very sensitive. I consider that a good thing considering in the past I felt nothing there. I have been working out and resuming pre-surgery activities. Working out has been strange because I can't push my body like I'd like but I am trying. I've even been taking the jetski out and riding hard doing 180 degree turns and jumping wakes. Swimming is still a bit of a challenge as I can feel my tummy stretch a bit too much. I have been wearing 2 piece swimsuits out to the lake (we are big lake people in the family) and it still takes some getting use to. I feel like I have the lines or striations on my belly from the pulling. I am sure those will dissipate with time but I'd like to see them gone. I feel very confident clothed. I had a closet purge and got rid of all of the old baggy shirts and pants/shorts that were too large. I was wearing a size 3 or 5 on the bottom and I found out, to my complete surprise, that I am an actual 0!!! I had no idea I could even wear a size 0. I have been slowly buying form fitting tanks and maxi skirts and feels good not to hide behind baggy clothes. I'm feeling great and almost at 100%. The photos are not the greatest and apologize for that. My camera was not cooperating due to the lighting.
Austin Plastic Surgeon

Wonderful, very honest and a matter of fact kind of guy. Dr. McGee and his staff are truly amazing and are very involved in the process both pre and post op. I love his natural approach on offering fat grafting to the breasts from my flanks rather than using implants. My results are amazing thus far and I'm so excited to see what the final outcome will look like.

OMG! You look amazing! You are such a tiny little thing:) You look great!
Thank you! Your date is almost here. How are you feeling? Are you excited?
Yes, I'm sooo excited! I can't wait! I'm doing well, just cleaning today to get everything all ready; ) Thanks for asking!
I'm new to this site and stumbled upon your story! I'm anxious to see more pics and follow your journey! I have 3.5 month old twins and a 3 yr old and since the twins, a MM crosses my mind often. My belly is destroyed and I too have a serious case of rectus diastasis!! My singleton was 8.6 and my twins totaled 13.3 lbs. I hope you're recovering well!
You are hilarious! I love your humor! You are looking great. I will take your sage wisdom and put the brakes on any wild love making when my mm turn comes! lol Thanks for the tips and happy healing to you!
Lol....you're so funny. I'm sorry you're in pain but really do appreciate your candid update. I was wondering about sex post MM. Sounds like it's best to wait until 6 weeks for earth shattering lovemaking and group it with when the PS allows "heavy exercise/no limits".
Congrats! Your recovery seems great and your looking amazing! Enjoy all the benefits and your hubby! Love to read about others great healing. :-)
You look amazing!
Thank you!
So far so good! No more hanging belly..... im so happy for you. When did you start using the coconut oil?
I have used coconut oil to moisturize for years now, but after surgery I applied it to my skin around the 2 week mark. I made sure to avoid any raw or open areas on my scars. I seem to have more raw areas on my tt incision.
And thank you. So far, I feel great. I can't wait until the swelling goes down some more.
Wooohoooo! You look awesome and give me something to look forward to! I can't thank you enough for your updates : )
I am glad I can be of help. When is your surgery date? Have you found a PS that you love and feel like you can trust?
July 18th is my big day! I interviewed two PS and I really do feel I chose the best one. He took so much time with me on my consult and answered my 4 pages of questions....versus the other PS who told me I'd have to come back or he'd have to call me on the phone,,,,,,etc, I feel pretty confident with my PS and he felt pretty confident that he could meet my expectations. The other PS made it sound like he couldn't guarantee that he could fix my diastasis to my expectations. I created a post last night looking for some support and guidance as it's a big secret I'm having a MM.
3 days to go!!!! How are you feeling? You will love it!
My anxiety is going through the roof! I tried a valium that the PS prescribed the other night and it knocked me out so much that I felt like a zombie even the next morning. So, I'm enjoying my glass of red when I get my 19 month old twins down at night. At least for tonight and tomorrow night. Uggggggg......I keep telling myself that for some things in life you can never be fully prepared.
I'm amazed anyone thought you were pregnant before but now you're as flat as paper and your boobs look fantastic. You look like you never even had kids.
Thank you! I really am glad that I decided to go for it. My confidence is rising and I love the results. My daughter (4) even said, "Mama, you look so flat." It almost brought tears to my eyes. The swelling in my back and abdomen has decreased a lot but I still have a few more weeks for it to go away entirely. I tried on a bikini for the first time in years. Although I may be able to wear one once I am fully recovered, I think I'll still feel pretty modest about wearing one in public. We shall see. :)
Congrats to you, now it's time to heel.. Get some rest
I am getting lots and lots of rest. Sleep is wonderful and I really believe that it is a huge part of the healing process. I think I am almost ready to start walking again. I figure I'll wait until 6 weeks post op to really start working out with weights and incorporating running/brisk walking. I sure hope that I'll have the energy for it! :)
Congrats my dear for making it to the flat side!
Thank you! It feels good to look down and see perky boobs and no belly bulge! I'm looking forward to the end result.
Congratulations! How are you feeling today? Sounds like you had a rough few days but the good part is the worst is over! You have very nice full breasts and the tummy looks great! The arnica helped me with bruising as well. Rest up and lots of fluid for you! Show us some more progress pictures!
Thank you! I will post more photos next week. It's amazing how each day makes such a difference! I'm able to almost stand up completely straight and every single time I look down at my breasts, I think to myself, "is that really me? " ;)