Cellulaze Also Helps the Indentations from Bad Lipo - Roswell, GA

So my story is a bit different from some of the...

So my story is a bit different from some of the women in this blog. I went to Dr.Byrd looking for an alternative to fix not only my thigh cellulite, but also to improve awful dimpling, lumps and deformities left behind from a lipo and f/u fat graft done three years ago by a different surgeon. I actually went into the office seeking to have few velashape treatments. After her examination, she suggested I be a candidate for the cellulaze since it would improve the cellulite and most likely the other problems. I was concern about the pain and the procedure itself, but after talking to Dr. Byrd and her staff, I felt more comfortable that this could be the right thing to do. I spent endless hours researching and reading these blogs. The information I found here was so helpful that inspired me to share my story as well. I had my procedure done on June 21st.

I was sedated with one tab of valium followed shortly by an IV dose of versed. Both of these medications made me relaxed. After careful picture taking of my marked legs, she proceded to inject my thighs with the numbing medication. The pain at this time was maybe a 1 or 2 out of 10. Not bad in comparison to what I was anticipating. Cellulaze was performed on both of my saddle areas. After the procedure was done, paddings were placed on top of the worked area and a garment was fitted. I went home maybe after 3 hours, do not recall the time that good since my sedation. I did become very nauseous and did vomit once I got home. I spent most of the afternoon resting and w/o any pain. Prior to bed, I took 2 regular tylenol, Arnica pellets and went to sleep. I had no problems sleeping the first night.

The following day I woke up feeling sore, swollen and bruised, but w/o any pain. My daily routine since my procedure has been the following; 1. Take the antibiotics tabs twice daily, take arnica pellets 2-4 times per day, change padding position (from horizontal to vertical) as needed, apply arnica cream lightly over worked area and wear my garment 23 hours a day. I have found these to be so helpful. I had my follow up appt today and I could truly say I see a difference. I know that a lot of the improvement may be due to the swelling, but I remain optimistic that cellulaze finally removed the ugly indentations I've tried to hide for so many years. My biggest advise to those of you who are thinking about doing this is to do your research, find a good specialist, follow instructions to the t and have realistic expectations. Cellulaze is not an overnight fix, but it may be an over a year fix. I will share my pictures once I get them from my surgeon. I have a follow up appoitnment in three weeks. The only negative I could say thus far is the inability to exercise. I was working out 5 times a week prior to the procedure, and I am only allow to walk now for few more weeks. One thing I highly advise you to have is more than one garment. I had two and it made a world of difference. Also use your arnica, take all of your meds and drink plenty of water. Good luck!

I am 11 days s/p my cellulaze procedure and I can...

I am 11 days s/p my cellulaze procedure and I can honestly say this is a process. I sympathesize with all the bloggers who say things get better, then worse and so on. Well these past two days have been a bit tough. The weather in GA like most other states has been record breaking burning hot. Wearing the garments with the topifoam has been soo hard. I finally decided to get rid of the topifoam and instead wear spanx plus the garment. It is definitely a better choice. My legs are still mildly bruise and swollen. I did snoticed few small bumps on both legs yesterday which I was told, were to be expected. Still things look better than before. I am waiting for my pre and post pictures from my physician so I could post them. If you have a choice, delay having the cellulaze until the fall or winter months.
Dr.Marcia Byrd

I chose Dr.Byrd because of her experience with Cellulaze and other aesthetic procedures. I was pleased with her and with her staff. All were knowledable, friendly and helpful.

Would you do it again. How are you a almost a year later. I am seeing Dr Byrd today.
@ Serendipity..... Hey....I hope all is well n u received maximum results... Please update us....n if possible can u post before n after pictures....thanx

Sorry to hear the heat is making the garment that much more uncomfortable. :-/ I'm glad to hear you are pushing through it & continuing to wear it though!! Hopefully by this time next year this will all have been well worth it!

Hi, hi, Hi, Thanks for sharing your story... Tons of us on this website will love the news. Thanks so much for being a part of Realself and sharing your story. Please post your photos when you have time. So happy that they steered you in a better direction for the problem that you sought out for. Happy for you . Natalie / And thank you RealSelf for helping to connect us to this review. Love you guys!!
Hi Natalie; thanks for your message. The botton line is that is too early to tell, but so far so good. My surgeon said that things will look worse before looking better. I had some ugly deformities that were so noticeable even through clothing. I am not seing any of that now, but that could be due to the swelling. I am still hopeful that cellulaze will work. I will post photos once I have them, hopefully on my next f/u appt.
Hi Megan: Sorry, but I do not know the price of the garments. One of my garments was included as part of the procedure's cost and the second one I had from my previous Lipo. I know that they could be expensive, best bet is to ask the surgeon.

Oh, you are fortunate you had a spare! :)

Glad to hear things are going well for you! You included some great tips & advice in your review - thanks for that! Having two garments definitely sounds like it would be make washing them much easier. Do you mind me asking what the garments cost?