Palomar 1440 Starlux Nonablative Fractional Resurfacing - Roseville, CA

This did weird things to my skin- it is a pretty...

This did weird things to my skin- it is a pretty powerful treatment. Heats up pixels of skin down deep, supposedly deeper than the 1540 handpiece. My skin was hot for a few hours, on fire actually, and swollen for maybe three days. My skin color looked a little bronzed and shiny, and felt rough until it sloughed off. Looked ok after first treatment.

After my second treatment, my face looked like it lost fat, and looked a little pitted in some areas. Additionally, you could see where the collagen was reforming under the surface in some places (especially those more wrinkled areas that the nurse hit longer with the laser), and it wasn't as smooth as before. Even worse, it stretched oddly in places, pitted, and appeared a bit sunken for a few months. I didn't get the third treatment thankfully ($700 per treatment with a reduced rate for the third, but they gave me credit for IPL or any other laser treatment).

It's been 6 months now, and my skin looks good. Fine wrinkles have been reduced and the sunken areas/stretching/pitting are gone. My skin does not look perfectly smooth like it did before, and maybe appears a bit thinner, but overall it looks pretty darn good for 43.

In the future, I have heard the 1540 handpiece might be the way to go. Supposedly less harsh.

Roseville Facial Cosmetic Surgery

I think they do a great job with nurses who are specifically trained on the lasers they use at the medical office.