Major Lip Reconstruction

I work in the facial aesthetic business so I know...

I work in the facial aesthetic business so I know and work with most plastic surgeons in the greater Sacramento area. There are many good surgeons in our valley but when I had my accident last July and needed help reconstructing my own mouth the first person I thought of was Dr. Jonathan Sykes the head of facial plastic and reconstruction at UC Davis.

On July 30th of 2012, I was turning my horse out in a pasture when he was unexpectedly spooked and turned and bucked kicking me in the face. Luckliy I wasn't knocked out because most of the damage occured to my mouth. He kicked all the way through my lower lip completley detaching it while at the same time shattering my maxilla (upper jaw), and kicking out 10 of my teeth.

On the way to the ER I had my husband call a good friend and colleague to tell her what happened and ask her to please call Jonathan Sykes and ask him to come reconstruct my mouth. It was past 8:00pm Monday night and Dr. Sykes answered his cell phone and was luckily in town and available. Even though he wasn't on call he came to my rescue and added me to his already heavy case load. Dr. Sykes and Dr. Kiener worked together and managed to reattach my lip so beautifully that the vermillion border matches up perfectly. And what was a jagged through and through laceration on my chin became a small scar that gets better everyday.

All of the other surgeons I work with comment what a great job they did with such a terrible injury. I am still undergoing reconstruction of my jaw and teeth and Dr. Sykes has stayed close to my case and has continued to call and check on me to make sure things go well. He has even consulted with the oral maxillofacial surgeon reconstructing my smile multiple times out of the goodness of his heart to ensure the best possible final outcome for me. I would highly recommend Dr. Skyes to anyone having any kind of facial surgery whether elective or emergency. His precise skill, kind heart and amazing bed side manner made going through such a scary ordeal much less stressful and I am forever grateful for him jumping into action and saving the day in my moment of need!

What a terrible ordeal! I'm very glad to hear you received excellent care and work by Dr Sykes. I hope your recovery continues to go well. All the best.
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

I would highly recommend Dr. Skyes to anyone having any kind of facial surgery whether elective or emergency. His kind heart and amazing bed side manner made going through such a scary ordeal much less stressful and I am forever grateful for him jumping into action and saving the day in my moment of need!