Botox Caused Acne - Roseville, CA

I never had bad skin until I got a Botox injection...

I never had bad skin until I got a Botox injection. The Dermatologist injected my forehead, corners of my mouth and on the sides of my eyes. It was on the second treatment that I started breaking out with acne. I was put on all kinds of medication and nothing worked. I had my last Botox treatment about 1 year ago and the acne is starting to go away.

I knew the acne was caused by the Botox injections when I started getting puss filled bumps on the tinder tissue under my eyes. I thought, why do I have a zit on my eyelid? That's when I realized it was from the Botox.

In my case, it took one year for the acne to clear up. I still have dark spots and some acne scaring.

I'm giving Botox a poor rating, not the dermatologist. I'm upset that I spent so much money on acne treatments and I think dark acne scars can be just as aging as wrinkles. My wrinkles are back, but I'm so happy to have clear skin.

Roseville Dermatologic Surgeon

I'm giving Botox a poor rating, not the dermatologist. I am upset that I spent so much money on acne treatments and I think dark acne scars can be just as aging as wrinkles. My wrinkles are back, but I'm so happy to have clear skin.