Botox Caused Acne - Roseville, CA

I never had bad skin until I got a Botox injection...

I never had bad skin until I got a Botox injection. The Dermatologist injected my forehead, corners of my mouth and on the sides of my eyes. It was on the second treatment that I started breaking out with acne. I was put on all kinds of medication and nothing worked. I had my last Botox treatment about 1 year ago and the acne is starting to go away.

I knew the acne was caused by the Botox injections when I started getting puss filled bumps on the tinder tissue under my eyes. I thought, why do I have a zit on my eyelid? That's when I realized it was from the Botox.

In my case, it took one year for the acne to clear up. I still have dark spots and some acne scaring.

I'm giving Botox a poor rating, not the dermatologist. I'm upset that I spent so much money on acne treatments and I think dark acne scars can be just as aging as wrinkles. My wrinkles are back, but I'm so happy to have clear skin.

Roseville Dermatologic Surgeon

I'm giving Botox a poor rating, not the dermatologist. I am upset that I spent so much money on acne treatments and I think dark acne scars can be just as aging as wrinkles. My wrinkles are back, but I'm so happy to have clear skin.

Doing much better, and getting better every day. I only went back a few times and got treatment for the acne. I guess when acne is caused by Botox, nothing works to clear it up. I read a few other complaints from another website and they all had a similar experience with acne caused by Botox. I still get a few bumps on the side of my eye, in the crows feet area. Such a strange place to have acne. People still ask me, "what happened to your beautiful clear skin?"
I am glad to see I am not the only one. I have the bumps on the side of my eyes and they will not go away even with the strongest acne medication. I also when through an antibiotic. It is sad that the wrinkles will come back and I still battle the new acne only on my forehead and around my crows feet. It only makes sense that it is being cause by the botox.

Hi Bobadilla,

Thanks for the review. Wow, I'm so sorry you had that kind of reaction. Did you go back and ask you doctor why this happened? How's everything going now that you are not doing the Botox and everything is going away? Please keep us updated.

Thanks,