Tummy Tuck (not a revision) - Rockville, MD

I am a significant weight loss patient. I lost...

I am a significant weight loss patient. I lost over 90 pounds without medical intervention. Consequently, I have a great deal of excess, loss skin. I attempted to tighten skin in my abdominal area with non-invasive treatment; however, results were not desirable. I assessed 3 physicians and decided Dr. Tattlebaum was the best fit for me. Hopefully, the procedure goes well. Dr. T indicated muscle repair may be necessary given the amount of laxity I manifest. We shall see...

First Look

I hadn't looked at my new navel until my follow up with Dr.T. Quite an interesting experience. Though, I observe significant swelling, I'm quite pleased with the absence of the infamous "roll".....you all know what I mean!

So far pain seems manageable. I was concerned about inflammation but Dr. T assuaged my disconcertedness. My most formidable challenge is remaining still. I typically exercise 6-7 days per week. I love outdoor activities. I will now channel my energy into blogging and reading. ughhhh!

Pre-Op

I found it helpful to view my peers pre-op shots. Perhaps my images will benefit others. By the way, please forgive any misspellings or prolix you may encounter in my postings. The meds have definitely impacted my cognition.

2 weeks PO

Recovery is a bit slower than I anticipated. I'm unable to physically return to work resultant of additional fluid in abdomen. Fortunately, I've been able to work from home; otherwise, my days would be quite dreary. My profession fills me with purpose. Though, admittedly I am slightly disillusioned with the extended home stay. Yesterday my PS authorized short "strolls" outside. I will definitely enact this practice immediately. I miss oneness with nature. Anyone else struggling with confinement blues?
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

So far staff and PS have been cordial and professional. I particularly appreciated PS's open disclosure regarding possible outcomes. His overview of the procedure seemed balanced with positive change and unpleasant secondary processes. Specifically, he discussed scarring, pain and activity level rather genuinely. I'll add pre-op and post-op shots soon.

Thank you for joining the community.  Keep us up to date.