30yr. Bday Present with Umbilical Hernia Repair - Little Rock, AR

I work out all the time and experienced...

I work out all the time and experienced significant weight loss. In doing so I noticed that I had excess loose skin on my stomach from 3 cesarean births that I couldn't get rid of. So after much research I went to a few doctors to get consultations only to find out I had an umbilical hernia that needed repairing. So I decided for my 30th birthday considering I'm finished having children, that I would get this fixed along with a mini tuck to remove extra skin. I intended on going to a doctor here that had wonderful reviews until I had lunch with my girlfriends & they told me about Dr. Moffett. Well I hurried up and had a complimentary consultation with him knowing I wanted this procedure done soon. After meeting with him and his wonderful staff, especially LaDonna who is absolutely wonderful, I knew I made the right decision. She was so welcoming and even gave me a hug and tol me," we are a family here." I felt very comfortable with my doctor due to his pleasant and caring attitude. He answered all myquestions and was pleased that I had so many. He knew that I didn't need much work and wasn't out to just get money from me. Scheduling my appt. Was easy. I went in March 19th for pre-op visit. Had procedure complete on 3/20/14 with 1 night at hospital to monitor me. I'm 1 wk post op and enjoying the pain meds! My doctor has called me twice to check on me and that says a lot. I removed my drain 3/25/14 . That was weird for me. Anywho I have my Dr. Visit Monday and I'll tell you how that goes. I've been in a abdominal binder since I left hospital with some swelling but overall I'm happy to be in the healing process. I'll be posting pics and a small video of me pulling out the drain pretty gross but oh well It's a part of the process and I like to be very informative!

pre-op post-op pix

I try to update from my phone and sometimes that sucks!! Lol Anywho here are more pix!

more updates

I swelled a little yesterday bt all is well today! Thank God!! I'm still hanging in there. I can't wait to be 100%!!

bulb removal

It was in my right thigh?!? lol

video up date didn't work!!

Apparently I don't know what I am doing if someone does plz help!! lol

17 days post op

I'm hanging in there. At this point I thought I'd be doing a lot more and to my disappointment I was wrong:( however after minor depression over this I'm feeling a lot better. I started reading other blogs on this experience and I'm not alone. That helped a lot. I had leakThursday evening and went to doctor the next day. He reassured me that everything looked fine and it was normal. Whew! I also was concerned about the position of my umbilicus and was told it was fine and would rise more after the swelling. I also realized on my own that it could appear this way to me because I had a very high one to begin with. All in all I'm taking it 1 day at a time and remaining positive.

3wks & 3 days post op

Besides my granny walk I'm feeling better! Swelling has gone down tremendously. I still have some bt mainly in the ab region due to hernia repair. I've gone back to work which allows me to sit. Thank goodness! Overall I'm pleased with the results!! It's looking better everyday. 2 piece bikini here I come!! I'll b adding more pix soon

6 weeks post op

I am doing better!! I can fit some of my clothes again!! I still swell from time to time if I am doing to much. :( Still pleased with the results!! I also cannot wait until I can start working out again! Getting a little thicker, thankfully in the right places ;)

3 months post op!!

Very happy with the outcome so far!! Still wearing binder bt feeling good and looking great!
Little Rock Plastic Surgeon

Very caring and called me during my recovery process. Very pleased with results thus far.

Did you pay $3500 after insurance covered the hernia? How does this work out?
Yes. The doctor billed the insurance and I paid for tuck.
Congrats! Wait, you removed your own drain? I thought that I misread the first comment, but then you repeated it when you talked about the video...
Thanks!! Yes, I removed it. I could have waited on my next appt. Bt it restricted movement for me and it was doing better. I'm updating pics today! Trying to upload video too.
Wow... that's impressive! I any wait to see your pics and video! June couldn't get here faster if it wanted to...#superexcited!
Just saw your pics... you look amazing!
Thanks!! I'm excited for you too! I definitely did this for me and that's the best part about it! About to upload video now!
Did you ever get yours done?
Yes, I got it done on 6/13. I have a couple of pics up. I'm really swollen right now. When that subsides, I will post more pics. I'm so happy!!! :)