Lost 300 Pounds! 52 Years Old, Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift -Little Rock, AR

I had the Adjustable Lap-band July 28, 2011...and...

I had the Adjustable Lap-band July 28, 2011...and with HARD work, I have lost 300 pounds. I need a whole body re-vamp. The skin is awful. Will start with tummy tuck and breast lift on June 23, 2014. Dr. Spann will do a Fleur-di-lis tummy tuck and a breast lift with no implants. So ready!!!! One month countdown!

COUNTDOWN...Three Weeks and Two Days

So EXCITED!!!!!
Getting my things together. Gauze, gentle paper tape, wipes, tissues, Benadryl, Triple Antibotic Ointment, Ice Pack, peroxide, thermometer, Milk of Magnesia, Perdiem, cotton swabs, Ibuprofen P.M., antibacterial body wash, Arnica Montana tablets, Bromelain tablets, Arnica Gel, alcohol swabs, Enoxaparin Injections, Cephalexin, Norco...Books. Have I forgotten anything?
Hubby put in for vacation. Oh, pillows, pillows, and more pillows. Loose fitting pj's with button front tops.

Surgery yesterday (June 23rd)

Surgery went well. Pain not to bad. Probably will get worse when everything starts waking up. Only took now pain pill last night and one this morning before the 3 hour drive home. Getting around pretty good. Use a walker if I have had pain meds. So far, so goo!
Little Rock Plastic Surgeon

I hope you're doing well, I read your lap band review, you've done brilliantly!
So glad to hear all went well. Safe travels home. REST, HYDRATE, Pain meds (with stool softener). Congrats! :-DSuzy
Congratulations on your successful surgery....wishing you an easy recovery and awesome results!
Glad things went so well! Happy healing!
A huge congrats on the weight loss!! That's phenomenal! I lost 90 and thought that was something :) I know you must be sooo excited to be getting all that skin cut off. I'm happy for you! I hope you will post before and after pics as this may help someone make their decision. All the best!!!
Well, I am about 11 pre-surgery date (June 23rd). Getting my last Rx filled this week. Have my arsenal of needed items beside my recliner. Will be making homemade chicken noodle soup (Panera is my favorite. But, there isn't one near by). Books bought or downloaded on Kindle app. Lesson plans ready to get together and organize for next school year. I am as prepared as I can be...I think. EXCITED!!!!
WOW. that is AWESOME!!!!! 300 pounds is no small feat! You should be so proud of yourself for taking the chance for a healthier, improved body by getting the lap band. You are going to really have a brand new outloom on life after this surgey. Honestly amazing .... You're gonna do so well. All you need is time to rest .... and realistic expectations. I will be following your amazing journey!
Congratulations on the new you!! The new and improved you is going to look awesome. Looking at your list, looks like you have it covered. You might want a couple of movies to watch. Loose fitting dresses are real comfortable too and you might want some seamless tank tops to wear under the binder so it doesn't irritate your skin.
Thank you, JoyD 1984. The dresses will be probably be so comfortable.
Whohooo!!! You will have GREAT results. Goodness gracious I thought me losing 115 pounds I deserved a pat on the back…but 300?!!! You are amazing and should be very proud. Not many people have the willpower and dedication that it takes. Wonderful job. Keep us posted….all that sagging skill will be gone! :)
Hey, I think any weight loss is awesome!! I am getting so excited & nervous too!!!
Do you have a walker? That helped a lot. Also renting a medical recliner that sits and stands you up completely on its own was extremely helpful. I think I paid like $120 for a week. I slept in it the whole week. Fresh kiwis…a couple of day to aid in blood clotting (if that's something that you're nervous about). Smooth move tea at night and stool softeners with every pain pill you take so you don't get backed up (trust me on this one…taking round the clock pain meds without stool softeners can cause some serious problems). Well you've had surgery before I'm sure you know all this actually. Ok let me know if you have any questions. Best of luck to you! I can't wait to see your after pictures :)
Have you thought about renting/buying a walker? I found it INCREDIBLY helpful for the first 8-10 days. It helped me get mobile (back n forth to the potty, walk around the house etc). It's not that you CANT do these things without it, it just makes it easier. Also, if you are weak (as most of us are after), it makes sure you don't fall on your face...you can be walking around, and suddenly feel woozy. Just a thought :-). Rest of you list looks good. :-DSuzy
Thank you, HappySuzy. My in-law have an extra walker. I will be getting it closer to surgery date.
Congratulations on your weight loss -- what an incredible accomplishment!! I can't wait to see and hear about your on-going journey -- good luck and best wishes to you!
Great job on your weight loss! I also had a FDL incision with my lower body lift, there are not too many photos, but if you look at my pics, you will see the scar is well worth the contours that can be achieved! Wishing you an awesome outcome, and an easy recovery!
Wow great job can't wait to see the outcome. Glad you lost weight being healthy is what matters most.
AMAZING journey, what a lot of work you have put into yourself. Good,for you and BEST wishes for your reconstructive surgery. Keep us posted. :-DSuzy
Congrats on that awesome weight loss! You're going to look absolutely stunning!
You are amazing! Congratulations! I know this was hard work for you! I'm so excited for you! My tt and ba is on 6/3. I've lost 80 lbs and can't wait to get rid of my sagging skin! See you on the flat and lifted side :)
Congratulations! You are undergoing quite a transformation. It must be an exciting time for you. I moved your story into the "mommy makeover" community since you are getting a tummy tuck plus breast work (I think you'll get better support for both procedures here).

I'll be checking back for your updates! Here's a list of supplies that might come in handy for recovery!
awesome! cant wait to see your continued success!!! congratulations on your weight loss
fabulous job. i had a gastric sleeve 2 yrs ago and have lost 80lbs was very hard so anyone who thinks surgery is the easy way out,so wrong. im very interested in ridding myself of skin as well but am petrified. also so many negative comments from friends and family. i think ill do it anyway.its for me not them!!
If you can do that then you can do anything! Awesome loss girl! Best of luck :)
Wow congrats on your weight loss. .. you're surgery is day before mine. .