It's Time to REALLY Tackle the Weight...- Little Rock, AR

Soooooooooooooo, this is my second review. I've...

Soooooooooooooo, this is my second review.
I've already had a panniculectomy December of last year and now considering Gastric Bypass.
Here's why:
I'm really really happy with the outcome of my surgery but I know the results can be more remarkable if I lose weight and get to a healthy range. I don't have any co-morbidities, however my BMI is 41.9. I fluctuate with my weight and it has officially become very annoying. I'm sooooooo happy they relaxed alot with the criteria for being qualified.
I've considered getting the surgery for a long time. Initially I was interested in the Lap Band until I heard horror stories about how they behave, and most people who get the band decide on revision to the sleeve or bypass. I'm not interested in the sleeve because I prefer Gold standard for this type of surgery. The idea of having a Open Gastric Bypass was scary to me so I was pretty much sold when they came out with the laparoscopic version.
Most people who've I mentioned it to can't wrap their mind around why someone would consider doing something this jurassic,.. well they probably haven't been fat or tired of being fat yet. Shit, I'm over it.. I'm active and I make good choices and I am all for being blessed with a wonder tool to aid me in getting to the promiseland.

As of now I am starting the 6 month diet requirement.. wish me luck on that!! ;o)

Dr. John Baker

I chose Dr. John Baker for the surgery because I did major research on him and got awesome reviews about his work in comparison to others I researched as well. I found his profile on Obesityhelp.com :o)

Hey there,

Just popping on to see how you're doing? I think you mentioned that you'd be having your consultation this month, is that still going ahead?

Hi there, how are you doing?

Are you still on track for surgery in May?

How's the diet going? Good luck and keep us posted!

The "diet" is going well.. I try not to think of it as that because if I do I will get depressed. lol

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. If you don't mind sharing, how much weight are you wanting to lose with the bypass? Have you already had a consultation with your doctor?

My goal is to lose 100 pds. with the surgery.. my consultation isn't until april because the surgeon I chose doesn't want to see patients until the have met the diet requirements.

The "diet" beforehand can be really difficult, I know. Are you doing anything specific, or just generally cutting down food intake and types of food?

I'm slowly cutting out things that aren't healthy. Pretty much all the culprits of my weight lost struggle... I'm really getting away from sweetened liquids because I tend to drink alot of my calories..

When I first started on my weight loss journey I also cut out all liquids with calories. If I have soda now it is always diet/sugar free. I also cut out "white" products, such as white pasta, bread, etc and changed them to wholemeal/wholegrain.