Less Than a Week to Go... - Rochester, NY

More than a year ago, I completed a pretty...

More than a year ago, I completed a pretty significant weight loss journey. I've struggled with my weight my whole life until a couple of years ago when I joined Weight Watchers and made a complete lifestyle change. I weighed in at my heaviest at about 225 lbs when my son was 2 years old. My kids are now 12 and 14 and I am proud to say I've been maintaining a healthy weight for almost 2 years now. I turned 40 in October and had decided that I was interesting in finding out more about surgery to change the shape of my body that the weight had created. My husband and I went in for the consultation. I'm not sure I was even thinking it would be a reality to go through with it. The office gave us all the information and we said we would think about it. I told my husband that I would love to do it but wasn't sure we could afford it and he said if I wanted to do it, I should. The next day all the paperwork was completed and I had my surgery scheduled. I am so thankful to have this site as a resource. I've connected with several people already and am looking forward to learning from one another! I've been taking pictures, but I'm not sure I am ready to post any yet. :-)
Had my day 1 post op appointment today. Doctor said things were looking really good. I feel pretty good. I haven't taken any Percocet this afternoon. Just taking extra strength Tylenol. Seems better on my stomach. I'm able to move around a little. But have limited my trips to the bathroom and stretching my legs. Been feeling a little light headed when I stand up.
Hope everything went well today!!
I really feel pretty amazing! The pain pump has my belly still numb and I've only taken one Percocet! My boobs feel hard as rocks...but don't hurt. Lol. I'm very tired and looking forward to sleeping...even if it's a few hours. The worst part is drinking all the water and having to use the bathroom so much! :-). Thanks for all the support!!!