Less Than a Week to Go... - Rochester, NY

More than a year ago, I completed a pretty...

More than a year ago, I completed a pretty significant weight loss journey. I've struggled with my weight my whole life until a couple of years ago when I joined Weight Watchers and made a complete lifestyle change. I weighed in at my heaviest at about 225 lbs when my son was 2 years old. My kids are now 12 and 14 and I am proud to say I've been maintaining a healthy weight for almost 2 years now. I turned 40 in October and had decided that I was interesting in finding out more about surgery to change the shape of my body that the weight had created. My husband and I went in for the consultation. I'm not sure I was even thinking it would be a reality to go through with it. The office gave us all the information and we said we would think about it. I told my husband that I would love to do it but wasn't sure we could afford it and he said if I wanted to do it, I should. The next day all the paperwork was completed and I had my surgery scheduled. I am so thankful to have this site as a resource. I've connected with several people already and am looking forward to learning from one another! I've been taking pictures, but I'm not sure I am ready to post any yet. :-)