Breast Lift Without Augmentation Plus Liposuction - Rochester, NY

I have wanted my breasts fixed since I was 16....

I have wanted my breasts fixed since I was 16. Mine were sagging, unfortunately I don't have previous pictures.

I went in for surgery on June 25, 2012. The doctor prescribed a blood thinner prior to surgery. When I woke up in recovery I could feel every millimeter of my BL incision burning but I felt zero lipo pain. I asked the nurse if they had forgotten to do it, but she assured me that it had been done. When I first saw my breasts I was a bit taken aback by the strangely shaped nipples. The left was not even a shape I could recognize. I would have said a skewed oval if pressed to describe it. My right was not the same width the entire way around. The left side of the nipple is significantly smaller in diameter than the right. The other very noticeable adnormalty is the shape of the left breast. It is larger than the right, which is opposite the presurgery situation and it is square with a flat spot where cleavage should be. They are also terribly bruised which was likely a result of the blood thinner. I was given dilaudid for pain while in the hospital overnight which helped keep me painfree for the most part.

The liposuction felt completely painfree until day two at which time it started to feel like shocks going through the area and also like I had stitches which were being pulled on when my skin was touched or if I moved more than just a few inches. The most uncomfortable part so far has been the compression garment. It feels horrible, even worse than the incisions.

Day Two, I went home. Was given percoset which helped with the pain but after two hours I would become uncomfortable again.

Day Three, I felt much more comfortable. Left breast is still swollen and shiny. Have been applying frozen peas to help reduce the swelling. Also noticed a dark purple spot around the edge of my nipple. Hoping it's not necrosis. Yes, I tend to be panicky.

Day Four, The bruises seem to be healing a bit. I'm extremely tired even though I've been sleeping more than ever. Took a nap in the afternoon and applied peas in the evening.

Dr.

I haven't decided upon a rating so I'm keeping it at one until I see the final outcome. If this is as good as it gets I would probably rate the experience a one. Nipples a child could have drawn rounder and square boobs are not what I expected.

Dear Batmansblonde I am happy that you posted. I could not find anyone who like me had a lift without augmentation, lipo and I unlike you had a tummy tuck also. I am 16 weeks post op now and have been through a lot since March 19 surgery. I think the irregularity and swelling/boxy look with subside some but not drastically - mine has not yet but I do think I am still very swollen. Let me know if I can offer support to you and hopefully we can compare notes. You do look young and I am 51 just having this done too. Take care!
I am 43. I am not extremely swollen. My left side was more swollen and my right side is not at all. My nipples still look really weird though. Hoping that changes soon.

Welcome to RealSelf! It's hard to tell from the photos, but your nipples at this point just look like they're healing, not overly asymmetrical. Also, your breasts are likely not evenly swollen. What does your surgeon have to say about this?

I hope you're happy with this in the end. It's a lot to go through to not be pleased with your results. Please let us know!

They are very oddly shaped still but my left breast is still swollen, two and a half weeks later. When I went for the follow-up the doctor who was standing in for mine said the right looked more swollen than the left but it was a ridiculous statement because the left has always been half a size smaller than the right but was now at least half a size bigger.