Breast Reduction Ups and Downs - Roanoke, VA

I was a Double D and I had a reduction to a small...

I was a Double D and I had a reduction to a small B. It was definitely a roller coaster ride through all of this. But I am not finally at a point that I am glad I had the surgery. My surgery was on May 15, 2012 and I actually felt really good the first week. Then, once the glue and scabs started coming off that is when the stress and depression came. I had three (about nickel) sized holes (open wounds) under my breast. And the side that had two wounds was very painful. I made several visits to the surgeon’s office and they scrapped the sites a few times and I also was applying Silvasorb 2 times a day. I was at my breaking point, crying everyday and wishing I had not had the surgery. Then I started googling "Open Wounds after Breast Reduction" and I found this site. After reading some of the posts I was very happy that I was not the only one, but at the same time I was very frustrated I was not the only one. If I was the only one maybe there was something else that could be done. Well after receiving some great advice from some of the participants from this site, I started trying other things. My surgeon wrote me a prescription for Santyl to apply twice a day, I started taking 1000mg of Vitamin C a day and I started wearing sanitary/feminine pads in my bra to cover the wounds instead of gauze and tape. Well I am not sure what it was that helped me or if my body was ready to start healing, but I am doing 110% better now. My wounds are closed and I am just waiting for the redness to go away. I have taken the pads out and I have a very thin piece of gauze (more for protection) now. I am so happy and I want to tell all of you to keep your heads up. It will get better.

Hey, Meme! Your review will be very inspiring to so many people! Thanks for sharing it! And I'm so thankful that you are doing so much better and hope that you continue to improve daily!
Roanoke Plastic Surgeon

The head nurse Katie is and has been excellent to work worth. I am so happy I had her help and support with all of this.