Breast Reduction Ups and Downs - Roanoke, VA

I was a Double D and I had a reduction to a small...

I was a Double D and I had a reduction to a small B. It was definitely a roller coaster ride through all of this. But I am not finally at a point that I am glad I had the surgery. My surgery was on May 15, 2012 and I actually felt really good the first week. Then, once the glue and scabs started coming off that is when the stress and depression came. I had three (about nickel) sized holes (open wounds) under my breast. And the side that had two wounds was very painful. I made several visits to the surgeon’s office and they scrapped the sites a few times and I also was applying Silvasorb 2 times a day. I was at my breaking point, crying everyday and wishing I had not had the surgery. Then I started googling "Open Wounds after Breast Reduction" and I found this site. After reading some of the posts I was very happy that I was not the only one, but at the same time I was very frustrated I was not the only one. If I was the only one maybe there was something else that could be done. Well after receiving some great advice from some of the participants from this site, I started trying other things. My surgeon wrote me a prescription for Santyl to apply twice a day, I started taking 1000mg of Vitamin C a day and I started wearing sanitary/feminine pads in my bra to cover the wounds instead of gauze and tape. Well I am not sure what it was that helped me or if my body was ready to start healing, but I am doing 110% better now. My wounds are closed and I am just waiting for the redness to go away. I have taken the pads out and I have a very thin piece of gauze (more for protection) now. I am so happy and I want to tell all of you to keep your heads up. It will get better.

Roanoke Plastic Surgeon

The head nurse Katie is and has been excellent to work worth. I am so happy I had her help and support with all of this.