Facelift - 54 Yrs Old

Wow! alot more recovery time and major surgery! I...

Wow! alot more recovery time and major surgery! I had researched and thought about it for a few years. I did not want to look back at 65 yrs old and think 'I wish I would have done it" while I am still working and able to take 6 weeks off I thought "I better do it this year"

I had a lot of loose turkey neck skin and needed dermabrasion around my mouth area. it is still very pink even though concealor covers it up. that was such a peeling and gross thing added to the lift. I think I am improving every day (16 days) My husband says I have a duck face right now. had to put all my trust in a highly reccomended and experienced surgeon in my area. Let's hope for the best!

Anyone 6 or more weeks seeing a natural look appearing?

Hi, I am 3 months now and the ridge is slowly going away. I can't say my cheeks are all smooth but seems lots better. The Dr. said 6 months (they never tell you that before hand!) he says the sutures holding up my muscles need to dissolve. I have had ultra sound and massage. Hang in there!
6 weeks now and the pink from dermabrasion is almost all faded, however I still have the lumpiness and a ridge on the left cheek.. trying to be patient and massage all the time. I will post when (if)it goes away!
I will be 5 weeks post tomorrow and I have a ridge on my left cheek and two places (both sides of my mouth) that have lumps. The skin is squishy to touch, but no fluid is there to be removed - my doctor tried. I have been told to massage hard and ultrasound treatment daily. Yesterday he injected a small amount of a steroid and that seems to have helped. I am curious if others have had the ridge/lumps and how long it takes to resolve.
I have lumps under my ears - at first they were so big I felt like I looked like a teletubby... Swollen face and huge neck but it's been three weeks tomorrow and I am already starting to look like myself thank goodness! I really think the doctors should tell us about these lumps. On my follow up visit after one week he said, "I showed you pictures of these lumps." I said I paid close attention to everything you said and I don't remember you ever telling me about these lumps. But they are getting smaller thank goodness! My husband said they don't show when I wear my hair down so that's good since he is very critical. Hang in there! You will get better but I still think the doctors should tell us about the lumps because it shocked me - I thought OMG am I dieing or something? Lumps are not discussed much on the Internet either - this is the only place I found any info about these lumps and I searched high and low.
I am glad to be able to go to my Dr. close by every week. I would not go to a foreign country regardless of the cost savings. I am 3 1/2 weeks out and have some scar tissue in my cheek area. anyone else had this problem?
Hi there I am thinking of having a facelift done in Argentina - has anyone tried this?
Thanks so much! I have heard 3 months or so too. I forgot to mention that Dr. injected my own fat into noselabial folds and a little into my upper lip. that may be where the "duck face" comes in. I suppose he wanted a smooth overall appearance and I have fair skin with sun damage too.
I am 8 weeks out and still have some bruising but most of the swelling has gone down on my face and neck. I'm not sure what you mean by "duck face" unless you are refering to the after effects of the dermabrasion which I did not have. I never felt that my face was "unusual" looking except for the swelling. I had more problems with the neck area than the face lift but it is resolving now. Time will be your friend. If you chose a reputable surgeon then you need to remember why you chose him. I have had to tell myself several times that I need to have confidence in my surgeon and that has helped. It will be 6 months to one year before you see the final result but I understand at 3 months it is much better!! Good luck!
I was very relieved to hear your reply and the response from others. I had a face lift on June 1, 2010 and expected to be fully recovered in four weeks when I received medical clearance to resume normal activity. I had an "s" scar incision around my ears, a small incision under my chin and a temple lift. I am 56 years old, in terrific shape and in overall good health. I have always been very energetic and positive. I had my upper and lower eyes done two years ago and was jogging at my normal rate within a month. Over the July 4th holiday weekend, I could not make it through a short trip to the gardening store. My body (from the neck down) feels great and ready to go! My TEMPLES are pounding after the least bit of exertion and ALWAYS sore. I am working part time from home to allow rest whenever I need it. I have a great family giving me tremendous support but I am getting really scared that this pain will never go away. I tried to walk a twenty minute mile on the treadmill yesterday and after two very slow miles but legs wanted to run but my head was pounding with pain. My results are great! But the constant discomfort is getting me down. I take pain medication and a sleeping pill at night no medication during the day. Has anyone felt this soreness and pain around the temples? WIll it go away soon? I desperately need some encouragement. I would only have this procedure in the US (near home) unless you have family in another country.