Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Needed Inner Thigh Help! - Riverside, CA

I first met Dr. Ku when I got my mommy makeover...

I first met Dr. Ku when I got my mommy makeover last year. Since then, I realized that I also needed my thighs done. There are many reasons that I choose Dr. Ku, the main reason was because Of his extensive education at top schools, and the fact that he is double board certified. I also was amazed at his before and after pictures! I saw how he had transformed his patients and I couldn't wait to become one of them!

The staff in the office are so polite and informative, they truly are great, they helped make my experience wonderful. The surgery went smooth, I healed so quickly and well. I really think that is in part to the fact that Dr Ku is so involved in the recovery. He followed up so frequently and took care of my wounds early on to make sure that the recovery was clean and smooth.

I think Dr. Ku is the best plastic surgeon.. Not only in the inland empire, but in southern California. ( And I went to consultations in San Diego county, Orange County and in Beverly Hills)

More about my thighs...

I have been struggling with inner thigh fat since I was younger. I was always proportionately larger on my inner thighs than anywhere else on my legs... and gaining weight and loosing weight, and gaining weight and loosing weight etc, made it worse. After I had my tummy tuck and breast lift and augmentation I saw some improvement on the top of my thighs, which was a plus, but I still did not feel 100% comfortable in a swim suit because I was embarrassed about my inner thigh skin. At my worse I was a size 24 pushing 26 at about 5'6 5'7... now I am a loose 12. I am still exercising to loose weight, and I hope to be a 7/8... I weighed 289 as a size 26, and I weigh 190 as a 12. I have a "thicker" more athletic build, so I have always been on the heavier side for my size.

When I went in to Dr. Ku for my thighs he addressed my concern of having the typical thigh scar (vertical down the inner thigh). I did not want that, I have young kids and I wanted to feel comfortable taking them to the beach etc. So he suggested that we can do it more in the groin area. I was so excited, and knowing the outcomes of my mommy makeover I knew he would be able to deliver the results I wanted.

After surgery I had three drains. One for each thigh and then one for my mons pubis fix. I did not feel any pain really after waking up, just soreness, but nothing like getting my abs sewed back together.

The hardest part about the recovery was keeping the inner thigh inicions in the groin dry. When you have to urinate and sit on the toilet the urine tends to touch or get on the bandages there, making it difiicult. My solution was to stand pee in the shower and rinse it down the shower and use baby wipes.. It worked out well. I also used sanitary napkins or maxi pads to cover my incisions instead of the bandages they sent me home with. I personally feel like the maxi pads wick out the moisture better (that's what pads are known for!) and help to keep it dry in that area. Also the long over night pads really helped me change them quickly and frequently helping with keeping the area clean.

I was sealed up quickly and at my 10 day check up the doctor said I was healing quickly and really well.

It has been about 4 weeks now, I feel pretty good, the only thing I noticed is that if I am on my feet for a long time or moving around a lot I need to wear a spanx or garment like that (the shorts kind) or I get swollen and a little sore.

I am really excited to see what I feel like in another month. I will keep the post posted!
Riverside Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Ku is suck a great doctor, I took my mom along with me when I was getting my consults and followups, and she thought he was just as great as I did. She fully trusted hi to take care of me, her daughter.. And she can't wait to become a patient too.

Hi. Thank you for your posts. I do hope all has healed nicely. Can you please share some current pics of your thighs, showing the scars and all the way to the knee? It is so difficult to find pictures that really show what a surgeon is capable of. Thanks a lot.
You look great!!! So exciting!! I'm hoping to get mine done next year :)
You look fantastic, congrats!
You look great!!
Wow you look great! I am having a thigh lift along with a Lower Body Lift, next week. I will be having the long thigh lift as my extra skin is all the way down. I know what you mean about the scars, but since I had the arms done last year and the scar is not even noticeable, I am hoping for the same outcome with the thighs. You seem to be healing great, I know the inner thigh lift has a tendency to become infected because of the area, but you seem to have worked that out nicely. I will be following your progress.
Thank you so much for sharing your opinion about your doctor.
I would love to add your experience to the Thigh Lift community, but it would be helpful if you could provide some more detail about your experience with your procedure/treatment. I suggest adding before and after photos - optional of course, so that other community members can use your review as a guide throughout their journey.
Ready to add an update now? Click here to add more detail to your review to be part of the Thigh Lift community today.
I posted one under thigh lift, and another under mommy makeover.
Thank you for sharing your experience. It's inspiring to see your journey. I'm very excited to see what's coming ahead.
Dear Mommy 1001 - I would really like to see the scars from the inner thigh lift. My inner thighs are the only place on my body that have the skin of an 80 year old. Have the scars healed into obscurity? I imagine they are in the fold between your leg and pubic area. Can you post a picture of the actual scars up close? Thank you for your help. Also what was the cost of the thigh lift alone, not the mommy make over? Thanks again
Hi, I would love to see a picture of the scars up close from the inner thigh lift and to know of the cost without the mommy make over. My inner thighs are wrinkled like an 80 year olds. Thank you for your help
Hi itsagoodlife have you chosen a doctor yet? i am seating to and can't seem to find a good doctor