OMG What Have I Done? - Riverside, CA

I had my first breast lift and implants 24 years...

I had my first breast lift and implants 24 years ago and was extremely pleased. I would have never done it a second time but both of my implants were leaking so there was no choice in the matter. I recently underwent the second lift minus the implants as I did not want to ever have to have breast surgery again. The date of my surgery was June 4 2012.

It was 1 week later when I notice at the time a dime size opening at the T section of my left breast. I went to the surgeon and showed him. His response was there is nothing we can do it just had to heal itself. He said use neosporium and put a band aid on it. I have an allergy to adhesives which I told him about but on went the band aid. Needless to say when I took off the aid aid the hole was twice the size on the left breast. I believe for me that is where all my problems started is with the steri strips they used to close the other incision. The reason I say that is when he took them off there were blisters all along the incision on both breast. A week later the right breast opened up at the T site as well. I told the doctors how worried I was as I was leaving on vacation he said I would be fine but if it got worse to take a picture and send it to him and he would advise me what to do. So her I am in NY with a heat wave creating so much moisture under my breast guess who is getting a picture today! It has made sad, angry, ugly and doubtful of ever seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Healthnet

Not yet finished with my follow up.

Thank you for your suggestion, I see the doctor next week and I will ask him. I figured it would take a long time by the way it looks.
You might want to look into doing wet to dry dressings? Ask your surgeon about them. It allows the wound to heal from the inside out. The opening you describe is not uncommon. It is a bummer and will take longer to heal but it will heal eventually.
I am so sorry for you.... My heart Goes out to you. In addition to whatever your ps recommends, I would suggest you increase your protein intake. It will help with wound healing as well. Also, rest and take care of you. Are you allergic to all adhesives or can you tolerate paper tape? I would take vitamin supplements as well to aid in the healing process. Keep us posted:)
Thank you RNMommyof2 for your post.
I take a lot of supplements for my immune system. I am really good at eating a well balance diet . I think I am starting to heal but have a long way to go. I stopped wear any type of bra . I wear a camisole and put gauze under my breast, I clean it with saline and use a blow dryer to get it completely dry . I use neosporin around the healthy part of tissue. The drainage has slowed down a lot. I can't wear paper tape it tears my skin. I will keep you posted on my progress.

I'm really sorry you're going through this. I'm sure that heat really makes things feel so much worse. Please let us know what your surgeon says.

I was not able to get in touch with him I copied down the wrong email address so no fault of his.
I think I have turned a corner. I started taking large amount of vitamin C, stopped wearing any kind of bra and use gauze under my breast. My camisole holds it in place. I clean it with saline twice a day and use a blow dryer to make sure it is very dry. Around the outer skin that is healthy I use neosporin.
Thank you for asking.