Excision of 2 Chicken Pox Scars on Forehead - Richmond, VA

Hated seeing these two indents on my forehead for...

Hated seeing these two indents on my forehead for 20yrs! Went in for a consult- wanted laser resurfacing, but opted for the excisions.

Excising a scar is invasive. Involves cutting out the old scar tissue and using the heathy surround tissue to close the wound. Left with a small linear scar, but less noticeable.

I am very happy with my results! Even though after removing the stitches they look rough.

I've been taking care of them by applying neosporin and small bandages. You must keep the area clean and moist, you don't want the area to scab, if so keep applying neosporin and cover them up at night locking in the moisture.

I'm blessed with good skin, so I hope the healing goes perfectly. I have also purchased mederma night scar cream and silicone scar patches. Will try those soon.

Wound is healing nicely!

Over my brow, has already healed. I'm able to were the silicone patch to help the healing, these patches allow the scar to remain moist and will results in a flat, skin colored scar.
The larger wound is still healing. Just applied neosporin. It's very important to keep the wounds clean and moist! Always keep them covered with silicone gel, patches, or neosporin if you want best results.

It's been 11 days since the excision and I think Dr. Montante did a wonderful job.

Healing Process

Scars are slowly healing at this point. The scabs are gone, but the wounds are still delicate.
I'm still waiting on my prescribe silicone gel. Mederma has been working well.
The over brow scar needs a lot of attention. Nervous about it being too visible.
Dr. Steve Montonte

Calm and humble. Great work on faces.

What was the price range for something like this?
Mine was only $250 for excising 2 small scars. Considering it was cosmetic surgery, I was expecting to pay more. Using the laser would've cost me a grand with no guarantee. The additional cost will include the silicone scar sheets and scar gel, you want to invest in these.
Thank you I planning on a getting the excision as well
Keep posting the pictures as you heal.  I bet this will look super good in the end.
Unrefined, organic coconut oil is also really great for scars.
Thank you! I will definitely keep posting, considering it was hard for me to find before and after photos of facial excisions. Coconut oil is great! I will have to use it too.
That would be wonderful.   The coconut oil is also very inexpensive.  You can get a large jar for under $15.00 and it lasts forever.