Excision of 2 Chicken Pox Scars on Forehead - Richmond, VA

Hated seeing these two indents on my forehead for...

Hated seeing these two indents on my forehead for 20yrs! Went in for a consult- wanted laser resurfacing, but opted for the excisions.

Excising a scar is invasive. Involves cutting out the old scar tissue and using the heathy surround tissue to close the wound. Left with a small linear scar, but less noticeable.

I am very happy with my results! Even though after removing the stitches they look rough.

I've been taking care of them by applying neosporin and small bandages. You must keep the area clean and moist, you don't want the area to scab, if so keep applying neosporin and cover them up at night locking in the moisture.

I'm blessed with good skin, so I hope the healing goes perfectly. I have also purchased mederma night scar cream and silicone scar patches. Will try those soon.
Keep posting the pictures as you heal.  I bet this will look super good in the end.
Unrefined, organic coconut oil is also really great for scars.
Thank you! I will definitely keep posting, considering it was hard for me to find before and after photos of facial excisions. Coconut oil is great! I will have to use it too.
That would be wonderful.   The coconut oil is also very inexpensive.  You can get a large jar for under $15.00 and it lasts forever.

Wound is healing nicely!

Over my brow, has already healed. I'm able to were the silicone patch to help the healing, these patches allow the scar to remain moist and will results in a flat, skin colored scar.
The larger wound is still healing. Just applied neosporin. It's very important to keep the wounds clean and moist! Always keep them covered with silicone gel, patches, or neosporin if you want best results.

It's been 11 days since the excision and I think Dr. Montante did a wonderful job.
What was the price range for something like this?
Mine was only $250 for excising 2 small scars. Considering it was cosmetic surgery, I was expecting to pay more. Using the laser would've cost me a grand with no guarantee. The additional cost will include the silicone scar sheets and scar gel, you want to invest in these.
Thank you I planning on a getting the excision as well

Healing Process

Scars are slowly healing at this point. The scabs are gone, but the wounds are still delicate.
I'm still waiting on my prescribe silicone gel. Mederma has been working well.
The over brow scar needs a lot of attention. Nervous about it being too visible.
REally appreciated your comments on dealing with scars with silicone patches. I found those by chance in the grocery pharmacy (!!) and they are doing a wonderful job flattening the little bumps left after my TT/Lipo.
Great pics, thanks! Going to finally get my scar excised (smack dab between my eyebrows). I've waited too long... and I'm a doctor.
Thanks, I've waited so long to do this... and I'm a doctor.

Scars are slowing fading.

I'm able to apply concealer to the scars to make them fade. Hoping by the end of the year they will have lightened up, still a little pink. The $40 cream my PS recommended seems to not work as well. I'm sticking to mederma and silicone sheets.
Thank you so much for sharing your journey. You have brought so much clarity to my life . I am seeking this Doctor out!
Any updated photos?
Sorry guys. I will post some soon, keep forgetting. The scar will take 1yr to mature. So it's still a little pink and tender. Definitely do NOT regret the minor surgery. :)

Still healing

I used retinol A to help improve the scar, but it caused me to breakout.
Hi. Your scars look great. Do you use silicone sheets only over night?
Dr. Steve Montonte

Calm and humble. Great work on faces.