I've never had a flat belly - Three Months Post-Op. - Richmond, VA

I've never had a flat belly, and my breasts, it...

I've never had a flat belly, and my breasts, it turns out (I didn't know until my consultation) are malformed! Somehow I still managed to find a great guy, get married, and have a gorgeous little girl (she's two and a half).

After staying home with my baby girl for two years, I went back to work at the same place I worked before she was born, and boy, I was surprised! The last time I worked, before my pregnancy, I had been cute and young, and now, I was like some pudgy matriarch in a sea of all the younger, cuter girls who had been hired after me! My self-esteem took a hit.

My pregnancy, fueled by Milky Way Simply Caramel bars, left me with a bit of fat, which I've managed to work off by proving to myself once and for all that I am perpetually out of shape and hate exercising all of the time (but I still do it). I have a bad belly "flap," have to cut the waistbands of ALL of my pants and skirts (everything about me is the same size I was before except for my waist), and my breasts, well... swing low, sweet chariot.

I've always known that one day, I'd have "work" done. I love myself and I don't believe looks are everything, but I want to have a body I and my husband can enjoy!

So I have a nice little Mommy Makeover surgery planned for February 18th. I'm getting a full tummy tuck and breast lift with saline implants. Now I just need time off from work to recover.... I love, love, love my job but I hope I can get the time off to take care of myself!

I'm loving the reviews I'm reading here, and I hope to be welcomed into this little family of sorts :) I'm looking forward to learning from all of you and sharing my version of "The Flat Side!"

Thanks for sharing your story. Keep us updated with your journey. I wish I could offer you some advice but I am in the same boat as you are. My procedure is late January. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving :-)
Isn't the waiting game hard? I wish I had a big checklist of things to do beforehand, then I could feel like I was making progress!

Days Off Approved!

Got my days off approved- a little over a week and a half in late February to recover, with light duty for as long as the Dr. says I need it. Now, the waiting game!

Happy Thanksgiving, my fellow Mommy Makeover folks!

Before pics :)

I'm five feet tall and weigh 146 lbs currently (darn you, Cinnabon)! I am on Weight Watchers now to lose a few pounds the healthy way before the surgery. I'll post more when I've lost 10 lbs. I can't wait until I'm posting my "after" pics!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

The Things Men Think About...

My hubby just asked me what would happen to my implants without medical attention, "like if there's a zombie apocalypse." His mouth was full of cereal when he said it. I didn't reply.

Congrats on your decision and a supporting husband. Can't wait to follow your journey.
You seem to have a great positive attitude. That will definitely serve you well as you work your way up to the surgery and will be even more beneficial to your recovery. I look forward to continuing to read about your journey.

Oh my gosh, you are hilarious! I can so see your husband with his mouth full of cereal asking that. Not that I know your husband, but you painted a great picture. I'm glad you got your days off approved. I hope boob-uary comes quickly for you and that all is smooth sailing.

If you haven't seen it already, here's a great list of supplies that might be helpful for recovery.

Welcome...we are glad you're here!

Waiting Game

I have countdowns on my phone. Oh, the madness...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Here's What I Think About That...

I'm a hyper-planner and I have a tendency to be a bit obsessive. I've been looking at all of the posts from the ladies here on the Mommy Makeover reviews. I've seen more naked breasts than any teenage boy could ever dream of!

I took a good look at myself in the mirror, too, all stripped down and taking my "before" pics in my in-laws' bathroom during the holidays, like any real class-act would do.

I rolled my eyes a little looking at the tiny tattoo on my breast, remembering how positively rebellious I felt, getting that tattoo in the one place I knew my parents wouldn't see, even in a bathing suit! That was back when I was 18 and I knew everything.

I took another good look at my breasts and remembered the way it felt to look down at my little baby girl, nursing. We'd be cuddled up on the couch. Man, the way she'd fall asleep on the nursing pillow- she is the most peaceful, beautiful thing I've ever seen, or ever will see. That was when I was 28 and I realized that I know nothing.

I remembered looking down at my massive pregnancy bump a couple of years ago (let's be honest and call it a pregnancy mountain- I was asked more than once if twins run in my family). When my baby girl moved in there, it was like the rolling waves of the ocean, a great secret inside of me I couldn't wait to discover...

I want to make one thing very clear- I love my body. I love the health it has blessed me with. I love the experiences it has brought me. I love the life it created and nourished.

I love my body and it is beautiful. I kid around, but I've never doubted it. And all of you are beautiful, too. All I see when I look at our pictures are beautiful bodies- both before and after the surgeries, even scarred-up and with those lovely drains I'm sure my husband just can't wait to help me out with.

I just don't know what to say, we're hot before, we're hot after- we just can't lose! Some of us are here after having created real-life human beings capable of love and trust and hope with these bodies! Others have battled for self-control and fitness, undergoing incredible struggles and reaching amazing weight-loss goals.

Some people say that people getting plastic surgery just have low self-esteem. They say "changing the way you look won't fix the real problem." I don't think of this mommy makeover as "fixing" me, just enhancing my body. "Fixing" is for broken things, and I don't know about you, but I'm not broken.

This procedure is about bringing back my youth for a little while, because I'm not ready to lose it yet. I know it won't stop time- one day I'll be a wrinkly, saggy, ancient little woman in a rocking chair. We all will be, thiugh we may have different rocking chair designs since we all live pretty far away from each other and probably won't buy them together or at the same store.

But we'll still be beautiful! I know it!

Beautiful! Well said love :)
So true! I can relate with a lot of what you said. I personally don't care what people say about plastic surgery. Everyone does it for different reasons. The most important thing is that you do it for yourself!
Love the positive attitude. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Lost my first friend over this today!

Sigh. Lost a friend because she doesn't believe in plastic surgery. Listened to a lecture on my selfishness, vanity, and low-self esteem, said "Good-bye, Good Buddy" in my mind, and I continue to move on.

That was NEVER a friend if it ended over your personal choices. People amaze me when they can't be happy for others regardless of the choice. You are much better without a pessimist in your process. You are going to look FAB!
Love your posts!!! Good luck with the preparations! It will be here before you know it :) :)
I love your posts! I agree 100%! I did not enter into this surgery lightly and I definitely didn't do it to find "happiness" I have always viewed it as solving a problem that I clearly cant solve anyother way. As far as your friend goes, just operate in grace, maybe after she thinks about it she will see your side. It is a leap for a lot of people, hey I NEVER would have thought Id do something like this...but keep your head up and move in confidence! You are going to be sooooo happy you did this! It is truly a second chance to live life to the fullest!

Books!

For those of you bookworms stuck in the waiting game like me, here are some books I've read over the past couple of weeks that detail Mommy Makeover surgery. I downloaded them all from Amazon for my Kindle and they were very reasonably-priced :)

1. Body Sculpture by Alan M Engler, MD. This book explains breast lift, augmentation, and reduction, along with tummy tuck and lipo. It's a bit dry, doctor-style, but informative. There are several before and after pictures at the end of the book that come with explanations of the techniques used in each surgery.

2. Men are Stupid...And They Like Big Boobs, by Joan Rivers. Who better to write a hilarious book about her personal experiences with plastic surgery than Joan? I laughed like crazy. Also, the book was well-researched, documenting the history of each procedure.

3. Emily's Mommy Makeover, by Emily McBee. This is a quick read, and is a compilation of posts from the popular Mommy Blogger. I really liked her writing style and her honest approach. She was so dedicated to the work that she asked her husband to update her blog while she was in surgery!

Does anyone else know of any other good books to read while I wait?

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Tick, tock, tick, tock....

70 days... Anyone have any suggestions for little things I can do to prepare?

Good luck x

So many days!

I'm so sorry about your friend. Sounds like she wasn't a real friend or maybe she has some of her own demons....like jealousy maybe. I too have never had a flat belly. I look better now than I did before I had kids. I think your results are going to be A-MAZING!!!!!!!
I thought about a twinge of jealousy on her part, too. Now I just don't mention the surgery to my other mommy friends, just in case.
Well I hate that for you. "Plastic Surgery" has a negative stigma I think because of people's perception of what they see on tv (i.e. Celebrities). I knew I wouldn't come out of surgery looking like a model. I didn't do it for that. I just wanted to look NORMAL! Lol. People say it's vain but I don't agree. I think many people might think differently if they had the means to do it. This is a tough, long journey that you can't go alone. You should be able to lean on people around you. You have us to talk to ;)

Two more months!

Exactly two more months until my surgery date! Boob-uary is right around the corner!!!!!!

Walker? Cane?

I asked this on the forum as well, but how many of you ladies used a cane or walker during recovery? Is it necessary/helpful? I think deep down I just want a cane :(

I used a walker for the first week, maybe a couple days longer. So glad I had it, it helps a lot. My surgeon's office had an extra one.
I used a walker from the Salvation Army for the first week. It was $7. Worth it.

All I want for Christmas is my two....

boobies back where they belong!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

I am so afraid

I joke around a lot. I have never been able to get by on smarts, talent, or looks, so I chose being funny and kind. I was jumping up and down for the chance for my outward appearance to match the way I feel inside.

On one hand, all of these news stories recently, bringing light to the dangers of even the most routine surgeries and the waning usefulness of antibiotics are freaking me out. As I get closer to my surgery, I become more and more afraid. Sometimes I look at my daughter and I see her growing up. I see time slipping by. I ask myself how am I being grateful for my life by purposefully endangering it? I'm not ready to lose my youth, but I'm not ready to miss my daughter's youth, either.

On the other hand, I know there is a very, very slim chance of anything going wrong. My surgeon is a careful man. Every time he does this kind of surgery, he puts his reputation on the line. I know that if I follow his instructions, things will be fine.

Seeing all of your posts, your beautiful results- at first I was giddy and like "OMG I want to look hot like that!" After this bout with fear, I realize that all of your posts are testaments to your courage. I even know that all of you have felt exactly the way I do now. And you still did it! And everything was fine!

In the end, I want to be proud of my body. I want my husband to be proud to be with me.

But then again, I keep thinking back- I visited my little girl's preschool before winter break. She held my hand and told her whole group "This is MY mommy!"

She's already proud of me, and she's already proud to be with me.

And I haven't had to do a thing to earn that.

Good luck!
Wow! Your profile picture is the best!! And you will always be the most amazing person in your daughter's eyes! That is the sweetest thing! You're going to look so, so good ! And I'm willing to bet your hubby is already proud to show you off. Best of luck !! Boob-uary is sooo close! Oh and if there is a zombie apocalypse, chances are that your boobs will be the last thing on your mind. Haha! I can't wait to see your results.
First of all....you're profile and posts are some of the BEST I have read here on RS. I've been on here since before my breast reduction in Oct. I am fast approaching the other half of my mommy makeover, my TT, on 27 Jan. I LOVE you posts about you're perspective of why we are doing this. I am WHOLEHEARTEDLY in agreement with your reason for doing this and how you feel about your body. Though I haven't loved/embraced my body as beautifully as you, I accepted it long ago (21 years ago, when I met and married the most wonderful man in the world). I see this, and so does hubby, as a health giving procedure. One that will help me get and be more active. The BR already has. It literally made me look at myself differently...I got a glimpse of what I felt like years ago. As my profile title reads "ready for my body to match my mind -happy and healthy". I too waffle back and forth with fear and doubt. Worrying about being selfish and taking this risk etc. Hubby keeps saying "you can do this, it may be rough, but you are one tough momma, and when it's all done, you'll be glad". So with still some fear and trepidation and the amazing love and support of this man...I WILL do this... and YOU CAN AND WILL TOO! THANK YOU, wonderful lady for your review, your perspective and your fearless honesty...we are kindred spirits and I am here for you ;-)

Blast from the Past!

Yesterday I went bargain-hunting with some friends. We were at a Goodwill, and I found a strappy little summer dress I donated two years ago that was too tight in the stomach area! I wore it on my second date with the guy who would become my husband!

I bought it back because I KNOW I'll be able to wear it and look good in it by this summer. :) I'm over my fears for now, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have this surgery :)

That us so cool, what a crazy thing. Must be a good sign I think ;-). Can't wait to see how you do.

The old me

Age 27, five feet tall 98 lbs

Girl...98lbs...woo wee, don't think I EVER weighed that. You are gorgeous NOW, and your PS is gonna give ya back what ya want. Can't wait to see your results! Stay calm, your time is coming ;-)
Your profile and posts are so interesting to look and read. I can relate to a lot of what you said. The best part was when you talked about your little girl. Made me tear up. It's normal to be scared about surgery. I felt the same way. I thought it was selfish of me to do it and leave my hubby and kids behind. But God had other plans. If you have any questions about anything. I'm more than glad to help out. Pm me if you want. I hope you have a successful surgery and a fast recovery. Best of luck

New Book!

I'm currently reading "The Rapid Recovery Handbook: Your Complete Guide to Faster Healing After Surgery." The book focuses on meditation and nutrition as a means to speed recovery. I'll post facts I glean from the book from time to time as my wait continues!

I have a walker that my Grandma loaned me. I think it is too big and bulky. I told myself that if I want something smaller I would send my sister up to get me a cane. I really don't think I'll need it for too long. If I were you I would play it by ear. If you need one, send someone to get one. Tell your friend to eff off. I mean seriously? That is lame! Be careful ... I don't want you do get on information overload with all the books and info exposure. Can you move up your date? Get it done sooner?
I love ur posts as well! I can totally relate, in fact I've been going thru the bipolarness of it all happy, scared, guilt, etc! I agree 100% I do love myself very much but I want my outside to match the what's on the inside.. I can definately do without the lumps & bumps, I want smoothness & the ability to wear anything & not be embarrased or feel like I have to cover up! I can also relate to being cute & bubbly one moment then before u realize things go south! I'm not really telling anyome about my procedures bcuz let's face it we have enough going on right now & could do without the negativity or emotional dump! Don't need anyone making my choices for me, I have already contemplated this a few years now! Society is too judgemental.. but anywho good luck hun, keep us posted.. my sx is drawing closer as well yikes! It will be here before we know it! ;-)
Good Luck with your upcoming surgery! You will only get more obsessive as the date gets closer!

Sigh.

How's everyone doing? I have pinkeye. Yep! You heard me right! Pinkeye. My daughter's preschool is a cesspool.

I just came across your story. I felt some of the same fears and thought so many of the same thoughts you communicated so beautifully before my surgery. I agree, we are not broken so we don't need to be fixed. We deserve the chance to be the best version of ourselves and we love ourselves enough to do what we know (from researching, soul-searching, contemplating for years) will take us closer to our "real self". So far, I grateful to say I have no regrets! For us over-thinkers, the swing between fear and excitement can be intense during the pre-op countdown. Stay strong and have faith!
LOL. I feel ya. We've had a house full of stomach flu this week. I've never done so much continuous laundry in my life. :) Feel better!

Thank You.

Thank you to all of the kind, non-judgmental folks here on real self. Those of you with kind, positive attitudes are what make this a wonderful support group for such a momentous change and road to recovery.

Sometimes I run across a post that is insensitive and rude. It is then that I am most grateful for those of you who are positive cheerleaders for the rest of us.

Thank you.

Weight loss!

Oh! I never did mention- I lost those 10 pounds I wanted to lose before the surgery and I'm still losing from exercising (as much as possible with a busy life, work, a long commute and a two-year-old- it's about 15 mins at work and 30 mins at home once the kiddo is in bed with an hour walk on Sunday). I also cut back on processed foods and don't eat fast foods! It's been a challenge! Making the date to have the surgery definitely helped my willpower :) I'll pictures once I actually buy a full-length mirror, which I'm super-psyched about now that two years of hard work has paid off! That's 61 pounds lost since I had my little one. I know I'll never be 98lbs again, and I'm cool with that :)

Ummmm

Meant to say "I'll post pictures." Oops!

Me after weight loss

Here's a pic- cant wait to get the extra skin off so I have a waist :) I was born with muscle separation so this'll be the first time I ever had a flat belly! I have a long scar up the middle of my stomach from a botched c-section (reason I can't have more kiddos). Anyway, this is me :)

1 month to go, it will be here in no time. I bet you are super excited!!! I didn't have a walker or cane, but probably could've used one on day 4-6. I see you're not having Lipo of flanks. Make sure you're ok with that... I only say this because I was no the fence about lipo of flanks, but I'm sooooo glad I decided to. It's the one area of the body that's the HARDEST to rid. You don't want to look back and go - damn I wish I did... but then again, you could always go back and do it ;) again, good luck and will be following your story hugs
Thanks for the advice! I'll bring it up to my PS and ask a bit more about the lipo!
ask about multi procedure discount. I got a discount on BA and Lipo - Surgeons fee, Op room, and anesthesia discount. It all adds up :)

One month :)

One more month! I'm excited :)

Wow u r looking good too with the weight loss

Noooooo

I'm pretty used to cold temperatures where I live, but the weather forecast predicts sub-zero temps this week :(

I hope implants don't freeze! Lol!

I'm so excited for you! Keep on a healthy diet and go into the surgery strong!
Ps I love that you found your old dress! Everything happens for a reason and that dress just became more of a motivation! Hit your mark! And about ur guilty feelings of u purposely endangering your life... I had the exact same thoughts... I think we all go through it. I felt selfish and kept thinking about what my children would do without me... Almost backed down, then realized I'd never be happy if I left my body how it was and If that was the case then I could never truly make anyone else happy, including my babies Bc I'd still be unhappy with myself. You just have to have a positive outlook :) it will all be ok! I am soooo happy I did this! Now I feel like (as soon as I heal) my kids and I will explore all places to be explored and visit everyone worth visiting! I just feel a million times better about everything :)... So don't feel bad. You will watch your daughter grow and in perfect good health, also. You just keep telling yourself that and you watch it happen :)
Everywhere *** lol not everyone... That sounds so rude

Arghhhhh!!!!

It's getting so close! I'd better go breathe into a paper bag for a little bit and try to calm the f*€k down!

Exciting!!!!!!!!
I can't see your long scar up and down from your c section. Mine was horrible and now I have a cute little tiny one. Who thought I'd refer to a scar as cute and tiny? But, the one I had before was an ugly monster...so!
I turned to the side in my shirtless pics. I'm incredibly sensitive about it because its a painful story for me. I feel like I was taken advantage of by the hospital where I had my kiddo. I wasn't properly numb when they cut me open from my c-section and the "surgeon" was a student in training, so they put me under, I lost a ton of blood, my kiddo was in trouble - they had let me go 3 weeks past my due date and waited almost 2 days after I went into labor before they decided on the c-section so it ended up an emergency situation. I wasn't awake when she was born and I feel like they took that from me with their incompetence and neglect. Then I found out later my uterus was messed up from their botched c-section.

Updated before pic

11 pounds lighter. That saggy skin is something else!

3 weeks!

3 weeks from now I'll be home after my surgery. I stopped using birth control at the beginning of the month since my PS said not to be taking it close to surgery. Now I'm on my period and I've forgotten how brutal a non-birth control period is! Oh, the cramping :( Things are getting so real now; I've gotten the "Hey, don't forget to pay us first!" e-mails from the anesthesiologist and the surgeon's office. This countdown is dwindling. The flat side is right here, close enough to touch. My only issue is that right now, when I have a glass of wine I can kind of rest it on my weird belly skin while I watch the news at night. Where will I rest my wine now?

Your are hilarious! I enjoy reading your posts and I will be fooling your journey!!! Thanks for making me smile!
Thanks!!
Counting down for u! Yay!

OMG IT'S BOOB-UARY!!!

It's here! Boob-uary has arrived! 18 more days! I don't know what to do with myself!!

Ooooh very exciting! I was like nesting before my op. I was cooking, cleaning, & preparing.
Just read your posts and am so excited for you think you will have a great journey and great results can't wait to see all
18 more days! Woo Hoo!!! I know you must be so excited. You are going to love your results. Dr. Dewire is amazing!!!

Two more weeks!

Paid the surgeon and anesthesiologist... My hubby said the billing lady laughed at him when she asked him what procedure I was having done. He said "Ummmm... I think it's called a Mommy Makeover???"

How exciting. R u taking any pills before surgery. Such as arnica tablets. They helped me for no bruising after surgery.
My Dr says no meds at all before surgery but I plan on asking him about taking the arnica tablets afterwards now! Thanks!
Oh boy, it's close now! Bet your excited. Stay rested and hydrated. ;-)

Ten....

Ten more days. I experimented with various pillow formations to make sure I had enough to be propped up comfortably. I found a cheap bikini on Amazon and ordered that sucker with glee ;)

Excited for you....will be watching for your PO pics and results

Nine:

Looked through my box of stuff I got together for recovery: a few zip-up hoodie/pants sets, button-down PJs, compression garment, sports bras, slippers for padding around the house in, various supplements and raw green powder, scar-diminishing sheets, etc... Tried on a few of the clothing items and put things away.

Eight:

With eight days left until my surgery, I played with my little girl today- had a tickle war, ran around like crazy, rolled around on the floor, and picked her up every time she asked me to, since I won't be able to do those things while I'm recovering from the mommy makeover surgery.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm also 5ft and weigh 150 pounds. I'm scheduled to have a breast lift in may and I'm hoping to lose at least 25 pounds before surgery. After reading your story I feel positive I can do it. Wish you the best and can't wait to see your results.
You can do it, and you'll be so surprised! Knowing that surgery is eminent can be a great kick in the tail, at least it was for me :) I was surprised at how simple it was to lose once I was in the right mindset. I say to myself every morning: "I am getting thinner." Then I believe that with every fiber of my being. I get a HUGE bottle of water every day to take to work and I don't let myself leave for the day until it's done. I exercise for 10-15 minutes at work and 15-30 minutes at home. I don't eat any fast food unless its the McDonalds egg white delight mcmuffin, which I let myself enjoy every ten days or so. I bought yogurt dressing to replace salad dressing and have salad at least 4 times a week with dinner. I don't starve myself. I eat about 4 times a day, I just make sure it's something I have to make out of "ingredients" instead of something packaged. And I added 30 minutes of sleep to every night, which has totally stalled my progress in Candy Crush... You can do this!!!
Oh! And I only let myself snack at night if I'm watching "The Walking Dead" or "Nashville," so only twice a week. I'm not really that strict with myself; I think the positive attitude helps the most.

Seven...

Cleaning house, organizing closets/cabinets/fridge and freezer, plus making a list of stuff to get at the grocery store after making a menu of easy meals for my hubby to fix while I am otherwise incapacitated.

So excited for you! Some unsolicited advice: Enjoy the exciting anticipation stage. Don't waste a moment on worries and just keep sight of all the positive changes you have to look forward to. The 3 things that helped me the most after my surgery: an adjustable neck pillow, a toilet seat riser, and MoM! Good luck!!!

Six...

Major snowstorm going through Virginia on Wednesday and Thursday... Hoping it won't affect my surgery schedule for the following Tuesday :(

Crossing my fingers for you that the snow will not Get in your way. Best wishes for a safe surgery and no more snow ;-)
I'm worried about the snow too! They're calling for 16-20" where I live... Hoping I can dig out by Monday morning. I can't believe the countdown is finally down to the single digits for us...GOOD LUCK!!

So disappointed.

So VA is having a historic storm and I realize that even if the snow has melted by the 18th, downed power lines and the aftermath if the storm will most likely result in my surgery being cancelled :(

It will be months before I can get time off like this again :( I'm so disappointed... Another summer of wearing a tee shirt to the beach. Another year of knowing my husband isn't really attracted to my body. I'm just so disappointed :(

Keep your head up love.It might still be a chance.I'll keep you in my prayers tonight .
Thanks :)
It looks like the snow is slowing down. Yay! Hopefully there will b no cancellation. Keep on smiling!! :-))

Nice Try, Snow!

Looks like everything is still on! I feel silly getting so worked up. As I type this, the snow is melting away :) I'm going out to get a loose zip-front hoodie and sweatpants set to wear back on Tuesday, since my other ones are tighter and my only button-up shirts are white!

I can't believe the time has already come. I'm still dealing with jealousy from a friend of mine; she said she would take me to my follow-up appointment the cancelled, then actually told me she didn't want to be my friend anymore! I didn't think people did that much after third grade. She's thinner than me, and always said things like "oh no I'm 104 lbs now. I'm so disgusting," knowing full-well that I was weighing over 140 lbs... And she'd send me pictures of herself in stuff saying "look how tiny my waist is!" So I think it's that she feels like she wouldn't be the "pretty" one anymore. Very immature, if you ask me, but it does hurt my feelings.

Great news that the surgery is still on! So happy for you. Best wishes and I'll be watching for your posts after surgery. Take care and safe surgery wishes to you!
I am in Richmond too, so I'm sure that it will be all melted by the 18th. Regarding your friend, I don't think you need to call her that any more. Move one, and find someone who can be supportive and encouraging. That's what a true friend is! Do you have someone taking care of you after surgery? My ps asked that I go home with a nurse for the first 24 hours, it was week worth it. If you want her name, let me know. Hope you take these last few days to prepare as much as you can, but I'm sure you'll be very happy with your results, and your waist will be even tinier than your non-friend! Good luck
My hubby is taking care of me :) Thanks so much for offering to give me info on the nurse, though :) I'm not concerned with the size of my waist, I just want the loose skin gone and my belly to be flat :) She's definitely not my friend. As much as it hurts to be rejected, she did me a huge favor with her "I'm better than you" nonsense. Now I have a very negative person OUT of my life for GOOD!!

48 hours

In two short days I'll be "under the knife." Any suggestions from for how to keep cool 'til then?

Glad to hear your surgery is still on. How exciting. Praying that evrything will go well with you. N for a speedy recovery.
Preparation is the key. Prepare meals & freeze, spring clean the house, fill the pantries, give yourself a full body makeover. That way when u get out of hospital, everything is done and u can totally relax- for at least a week anyway. Good luck and we will C u on the flat side!!!
I kept busy cooking and putting meals in freezer for recovery time (chili, spaghetti meat sauce, chicken/veggie soup). Took my mind off it and ended up having enough food for two weeks after...no cooking ;-)

Tomorrow is the Big Day

This time tomorrow I'll be waiting at the surgical center. I'm going to get a manicure and pedicure today to relax.

I had a freak-out last night and cried because I'm scared, and I feel like I'm being selfish. I'm afraid. So afraid :(

Yea :-) can't wait for your update! Thanks for making me smile!
:-)
Tomorrow is the big day. I had a feeling it was all going to work out. Can't wait to see the results. I am working on losing weight. How much did you lose? I am hoping to get down to 125.

Trying to sleep.

Got my kiddo's lunches packed for the rest of the week for my hubby, and got all my food for the next few days set out, too. I ransacked the grocery store for husband-friendly foods and told my daughter's preschool that if he forgets her lunch to just charge a school lunch to us and not to worry about calling first (he's a professional work lunch-leaver so I didn't want to take any chances).

He's been so great through all of this. Just to step up like this, take time off, take care of our little girl, comfort me when I'm scared, and make boob jokes when he feels it is safe. I'm sure it's 99.9 percent out of love for me and the rest is to butter me up for assurance that he'll get to play with my new... assets when they're all healed. Maybe 90% love and ten percent buttering up; there's no way of telling ;)

I took my little girl to the grocery store with me today and a faster-paced song came on in the store and she said "Let's dance, Mommy!" and we did, just grabbed each others hands and danced like fools right next to the packets of instant gravy. She's awesome too.

Life is good. Time for new ta-tas.

I will be following your post surgery updates. My youngest just turned 10.... I have wanted this for way too long. Been slowed down with cancer surgeries...just got my clean report that its finally gone, so this WILL be the year!! Time to schedule some consultations. Best of luck to you for a speedy recovery! Thank you for sharing...its so appreciated by all women researching this big decision.

Here I Go!

Off to the surgical center! I'll update tonight or tomorrow depending on how I'm feeling.

Praying for a successful surgery and a great recovery.
Good luck with it all
Positive energy coming your way! Stay on top of your meds for the first few days if you can.

Pain

The pain is bad for me- a lot like labor pains. But I'm home now; made it through.

Thank you for sharing girlie...Im six weeks post op and can tell you the first week sucks but after that everything is manageable...would recommend getting frozen peas and icing the new boobs thirty minutes on and thirty off while you are awake...it helped me loads...I had TT/BA/BL and a little lipo on hips...the recliner will be your new best friend and lots of water and watch your salt intake...I had a drainlrss TT and love my results now...I have swelling but nothing to bad...happy healing and yes the emotional roller coaster will start of "why did I do this or what was I thing" just go with the flow we all went the ups and downs...it will get better...just relax and rest...happy healing lady and welcome to the flat side...
Hope your pain subsides as more time goes by. Take your meds with food and have lots of rest. Take little walks around the house every time you get up. It'll help with circulation. Take it easy.
Glad your done. Take those drugs girl and hit the sack. Hugs and healing ;-)

Whew! Better already!

Pain is subsiding already and I recently went potty like a big girl! I went to rest my hand on the top of my stomach and oops! It wasn't there anymore! Hubby's doing great helping me get around, handling my meds, and being great emotional support. He's so wonderful. I'm so lucky to have him. My kiddo has been very happy and says "mommy's boobs" over and over. We were totally honest with her about what I got done. I'm not sure how much she understands, but she knows Monmy's body is different and sore.
I have saline implants and I was surprised to hear one make a "squish" sound when I reached for something! It was crazy :) Every once in a while, it feels like my stomach muscles contract involuntarily, and that hurts just like a labor pain, but it's over quickly. I'm already tired of sitting up, and my chest feels tight and I can feel stretching. When I got up to go to the bathroom, I felt like I was lugging around 1,000 pounds. Getting in and out of bed is difficult and reminds me of how it felt for a week after my C-section.

Not one of my female "friends" checked on me today at all. My best friend, a guy, has checked in throughout the day with texts and a phone call. I think the stigma of plastic surgery is very strong with some ladies. I was getting tired of hearing comments like "must be nice" and "this isn't going to make your life any better." It makes me very mad when I think about it. Why are some women so incapable of growing out of the catty middle-school stage. Something tells me that my daughter and I won't be invited to many birthday parties for a while...

Congrats and welcome to the flat perky side !!! Let the haters hate !!! You are going to look fantabulous !!! Happy healing ;-) and take things slow
I wish there was a way to like some of these comments. Love the support here. If your GF's aren't supporting you through this you probably need some new friends. Thankfully most of my GF's are excited for me and others are just worried about me going under the knife. Very excited to see your results!!! Healing hugs :)
I agree with BoobsMcGee! You just take care of YOU. As my hubby says, this is a BRAVE choice, and is in NO WAY the EASY way out! Heck, last nite at dinner he said, " If I were a woman, and had the need to do TT or breast work, I'd do it"! Go hubby ;-). So just align yourself with those that love and support you, you'll do great. Sounds like you are doing real well ALREADY! Hugs and healing ;-)

Pictures :-)

Not the best pics. I'm swollen. Had my first follow-up today and Doc says things are looking good. Next time I get good and naked I'll post those, too.

You look great!!!
So happy for you! You did it!!!!!! Yeay! Now, happy and healthy recovery! That means no overdoing it and taking it easy for at least a week or two...sorry to hear about your "female" issues...unfortunately us women still need to learn how to stick by eachother more instead of passing judgement...I sent a pic of my proud new boobies to a female friend of mine and would you believe no response...I was looking for a thumbs up, something, anything to soothe my TT blues (scar takes forever to heal, prepare)...but whatever moving on with my brand new bod and loving the confidence that it is giving me.OWN IT! and Enjoy it mama!
Looks great! Boo to those girlfriends of yours. I feel the same way!

All of the pains

I am having:

1. Gas pains
2. Period cramps
3. Burning abdominal muscles
5. Constipation pain
6. Tight breast pain
7. Lower back pain
8. Neck pain (from sitting in the same position)

- it's all getting better by the hour though. Definitely still worth it.

Hope your pain gets better. Try to use a small neck pillow. That helped me a lot with neck pain.
Bless your heart...in about 5 days you'll be feelin so much better. Keep taking your stool softener and if ya don't go POO by tomorrow nite then it's time for the milk of magnesia. Check out my profile, I posted what I did that made me go, it was a told to me by AVA07 here on RS, and it WORKS! It will help alleviate Pain # 1, 5 and some of 7 ;-). HUGS and HEALING

Ummm...gas?

Ok, if you don't like a good, in-depth description of gas (but who doesn't?), you may want to move on. I'm finally having some relief to my gas pain after Mommy Makeover surgery, but it's the most epic gas ever... it sounds like it's echoing in some cavern and its rumbling around in my SIDES for goodness' sake! My entire trunk is rumbling and making gross moaning noises in there. Please, please someone tell me I'm not the only one. It doesn't hurt it's just like there's something ALIVE in there! :(

Ummm, YES, on the gas...it sounds like "man gas", lol....told my hubby "oh my gawd, I'm farting like you!" He was NOT amused ;-D. FYI, it begins to subside around week two, but I did have a brief recurrence of it last nite (week 4). HUGS
Not just you on the gas...my husband thinks it's hysterical.
There was one weird grunting noise my stomach made, and my hubby couldn't tell if it was coming from me or the dog!

Headache!

Ugh. Headache now, but everything else is getting pretty darn good. I can stand up about 95% straight. I'm actually having a cup of coffee right now :) I'm posting pics later today :)

What I've Been Up To

My hubby set me up with every season of Desperate Housewives as a gift :) I love that show. I'm feeling great. Hubby made me a great chicken lunch with green beans. My stomach feels tight and my bra itches. I tire easily but I'm basically standing up straight now.

Here's a pic :)

Me :) When I'm healed, I'm going to lose just a few more pounds and tone up a bit. I blurred out a tattoo.

You look AWESOME! Holy moly, you are standing up GREAT already. You are gonna have TERRIFIC final results when everything is healed. Continued great healing girl, HUGS
you look great!!
Thanks so much!

What I Miss...

As much as I love shuffling around like I'm ready for a retirement home, I miss my mobility. I miss being able to wake up in the morning and just have a good stretch. I miss walking into other rooms of my house and just sitting down like it's nothing. I miss sleeping comfortably on my side. :(

How long before it gets better?

Healing takes time but every week it gets better. I think you look fantastic. Happy healing ;-)
Thanks!!!!!
Hi You are looking great already, and it's not been long at all. I'm 16 days out, back to work next week. My energy level is good but swell up like a sponge by end of the day. Anyway be patient, life goes so fast when you have kids, it's gonna be a distant memory b4 you know it.

Down

I feel like my life has been transformed to simply surviving pain. I'm isolated from my family (my kid is too rambunctious and would accidentally hurt me by jumping on me). I have to stay in the bedroom or the office except for meals, when my toddler is in her high chair. I'm still basically immobile, still experiencing enough screaming pain clawing its way through my insides to still be whimpering for Percocet, and Im just... Down. How can I go through weeks and weeks more of pain, isolation, and immobility? How long can I be this burden? I wish I'd just stayed dumpy. That dumpy girl I used to be looked bad in a bathing suit and was overlooked by others, but at least she could get off of the toilet by herself :( at least she could put her little girl to bed :( the back pain is excruciating. The drains are hurting. I just know I'll be one of those who end up having drains in for months. The summer can't come soon enough. I know I'll be healed enough by summer.

Awww I hate that your feeling down but you look really good....look back at some of your pre op pics for some encouragement!!!
Sorry girlie I've been gone a couple days ok a week maybe but birthday parties for my kiddos...you are at the first crazy low...I had one and it is a good pitty party...I swear it will pass...it is hard but be patient...by week two I was up interacting with my three kiddos (13,5,3)...just give yourself that solid week or week and half to get the jump start on mending...it was a serious surgery you are not going to bounce back like a teen...im in my mid 30's and can tell you from having two major back surgeries this one was the roughest in pain but by far the shorter recovery time...Im at 7 weeks and I laugh with PS surgeon about crying the day of surgery how it took me 45 minutes to walk the five steps i to my house...and how swollen my lift and implants were...(I looked like a milk cow, by the way ice the boobs it helps especially with the lift) and the wow I feel like a whale from all the swelling...Im still super swollen but it is way better I can actually see a light at the end...this is why we have or RS family's bc a: most ppl do not understand the why want or how of our transformation and choose not to educate themselves(family included) b: the emotional roller coaster is only understood here on RS and probably your PS office...but hang in there we are all here for you just dont over do girlie...big hugs...
Awe... Don't worry it'll get easier ... I know having a little one and have surgery is difficult .. Stay positive and mind over matter will help you heal ! Xo

Success

I'm doing better today; thanks guys, for the positive encouragement. I forgot to be greatful for my opportunity, my life, my family, and my work. I also forgot to be kind to myself. Last night I lay very still, visualized my healing, and counted my blessings. Today I am walking straight, made breakfast, sat on the couch next to my baby girl and watched cartoons with her. Then I kissed my sexy hubby and grabbed his fanny ;)

My drains only outputted about 3 ml last night, each. I just know they're coming out tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the kind words, RS sisters. :-)

The first few days are the hardest. I promise you it gets better. I am almost 5 weeks post opt. I have my good days and bad days but I have come a long way and so will you. Sometimes I do forget to be kind to myself and to thank the lord for making this possible and for allowing me to survive it all. When ever in doubt just take a deep breath and till of the future that awaits you ;-) happy healing.
damn spell check. * think of the future that awaits you.
Love your review. Don't let the bad days get you down. They will be fine soon. Be careful going back to work so early. It was hard for me. The first week and a half back I left around noon. But, it won't be long at all until this will be over. You look great already. Can't wait to see the final results. Chin up, we are here for you. Take care girl.

Ahhhhhhh, that's better...

I went to a follow-up appointment today and my drains were removed! My PS had mentioned during my first follow-up that they might have to stay in longer, hence my spiral down into my epic pity-party a couple of days ago. He pulled them out both at the same time. It felt like a pinch where they came out and I felt them slide out of my body. I didn't know he was going to do both at once so after I felt that, I opened one eye (they were both squeezed shut in anticipation of EPIC PAIN), and asked when he was going to do the other one. I was relieved to learn it was over! He removed some stitches, trimmed up some others, and did some work inside of my belly button, which I couldn't feel. It feels like my whole stomach is covered up with a half-
Inch of the stuff on a memory-foam mattress, it's so numb.

Went shopping with the hubby for some house stuff this afternoon and got my little girl a couple of spring outfits, then we picked her up from preschool and went to the grocery store as a family. I feel amazing, but I'm a little tired, and I'm going to sleep REALLY good tonight. Chatted with my boss on the phone for a bit; I'm looking forward to getting back to work, back to normal.

I tried on a halter dress today and modeled it for the hubby and kiddo. He said "Hey. That looks good!" And my little girl clapped her hands and said "Yayyyyyy Mommy's so pretty!"

Absolute bliss :)

Hey girl, Love your review too! So glad you did this for yourself. We need to start taking care of ourselves and not just everyone else in our lives. Sacrifice is awesome, but there are limits! Keep healing sis!
Great to hear all is well. Post some pics
You look great, good luck on your healing

Feeling good!

Today my new, full, perky breasts and I took my (our?) daughter to preschool, came home, napped, ate lunch, watched "What Not To Wear" reruns, washed dishes, and went out to get the mail. We're going back out to gas up the car, grab some gauze from the store, and pick up the kiddo later on this afternoon. We'll post pictures of ourselves tonight!!! Happy healing to you guys and your (future or present) full, perky boobs as well!

Sounds like you (and your gals) are doing good. Im glad. Just be careful not to over do it.
You go girl! I'm so excited for you! dr. dewire was my PS, too. He did a great job, and I'm so happy with my results. I look forward to following your post op pics.
OH, and don't waste your time with the haters. I have learned over many hardships in life, that your real true friends will do nothing but support you, and want for you what you want for you. I am so very happy that I did this for myself, and no one can ever take that away from me. :)

Picture- One Week After Surgery!

I look funny but with a little hard work, I can use what my PS fixed for me and tone the rest through exercise.

Congrats you look great ;-)
Love your timeline posts! You look great and thx for sharing...I'm counting down less than 48 hrs to go, and of course can't sleep! Thx again!
What do you mean you look funny?? You look amazing!!! Really, you look great.

Back to work

... For a half-day anyway. I'm exhausted. Like tired enough that I got home, set out everything for dinner, and my hubby's going to make dinner when he gets home

. I love the way I look in clothes!!! I put a tank top on this morning for underneath my clothes and I just loved what I saw in the mirror! I had straightened my hair and put on makeup, too. Now I can't wait until bedtime.

Speaking of bedtime, my PS said I could try sleeping on my side, but when I tried last night, my implants felt like boulders hanging off of my chest and my stomach muscles were so sore I ended up getting stuck and my hubby had to roll me over onto my back again.

Wow u r quick back to work. I hope your work isn't too strenuous. I could have never contemplated even 5 minutes of work back at 2 weeks po. Don't over do it. Remember u may feel great but those internal sutures and your incision need time to heal.
No worries :-) I had my PS check me out first. I'm healing "incredibly quickly" as he says. My job's not super-strenuous. It's less strenuous than being home with a two year old, anyway! Thanks for reminding me to take it easy :-) I checked out your review; you look incredible! Congrats on a great result!
Thanx. It's amazing our results. I'm still overwhelmed by the change!

On This, the Last Day of Boob-uary...

Boob-uary began with excitement and anticipation and has ended with accomplishment and pride: pride in myself and pride in my body. This experience has opened my eyes to my inner strength and outwardly, who my real friends are. I have seen a compassion in my husband that I did not even know was there. I have noticed myself maturing- the old me cared too much what other people thought. Now, I continue to be surprised of how few f#*^s I give about the meanness of others these days. Good-bye, Boob-uary- you've made a woman out of me
;-)

I love reading your blog! It sounds like this procedure was a real growth for you :) You look great and will only get better as you heal.
Looking good!
Bravo! Well written :) So happy for you. Virtual high five! :)

Today's Busy Day!

Went to bed at around midnight last night, Woke up at 7:30am, went to the bathroom, went back to sleep until 11:30am, had lunch, watched a cartoon with my daughter and colored with her (my hubby's watching her today). Then I went back to sleep from 1:00 pm until 4:45pm... Definitely catching up on rest today :-) I plan on doing a little fashion show for my hubby after dinner (tube tops, dresses, bikinis) and I'll share pics with you guys, too.

Fashion Show!

Tried on some summer clothes, trying to will summer to come with my mind!

You look SO GOOD!!!! Your boobs are fantastic!
Thanks! I like them too!!
Oooooh, fashion show, neat idea. You look AWESOME, bet you feel great too. Congrats pretty girl, and continued great healing...HUGS. :-DSuzy

Weirdest Dream!

During one of my naps today, I dreamed that I was looking in the mirror at my belly. I took off my binder and to my dismay it was my old hangy-down belly and under the flap of the "apron," there were intestines coming out! I freaked out and called my PS and he said "put gauze over it and refer to my website for all questions." Then I looked up his website and the only material on the page were links to photos of him wearing tight black t-shirts with pictures of kittens on them. The captions under each photo were like "cheer up" "I love pictures of kittens" and "it's normal and should go away on its own." Then I woke up. What a weird dream!

Fantastic results! Continued happy healing minus the cucumber water induced weird PS dreams. LOL Great fashion show too. :0)
Your dream was very strange. Dont eat whatever it was you ate before your nap anymore. lol
It was unsettling. I had cucumber water before I took the nap!

Bathing Suits

I got these for 11 dollars apiece on Amazon. I figure I'll still be swollen and thicker overall this summer, so I got these conservative two-pieces in larger sizes for the summer... So I can still feel sexy while covering up my TT scar and minor bloat/swelling :-)

That dream is hysterical. I think the narcotics stick with us longer than we realize. Adorable bathing suits!!!! You're going to be so happy this summer!!!
I LOVE those swim suits!!! My sister keeps telling me I should get a two piece...Ive NEVER owned one in my adult life...thinking about it now. THANKS so much for the share! Hugs n healing :-DSuzy
Get yourself a two-piece and rock that thing!!!

New picture

You can see the swelling along my lower belly :-(

The swelling gets better as the weeks go by. But on another note you look great ;-) By the time summer comes around you will be fantabulous.
Very similar to my swelling but I find it gets less every week.
It's so disheartening... Reminds me that this will be a much longer recovery than I thought it would be!

Today's Appointment

Went to my PS for my third follow-up since the surgery, and he says everything is going great :-) He really 100% knows what he's doing. I am glad I chose him to be my surgeon. I watched him snipping at stitches in my belly button today- I've always loved watching people when they're doing what they're good at. It's amazing! He definitely works in this expert way; I can only imagine how deftly and accurately his hands moved during the surgery to make such a huge, wonderful change in my body!
On another note, I'm stoked because he told me I can take a bath! I'm not a shower-girl. I've also been encouraged to start gradually increasing my activity level. That's cool. I'm feeling stronger every day. He said I don't have to wear the binder anymore unless I need it as a "security blanket." I've gone without it this evening, and let me tell you- I feel absolutely NAKED!!!

Thanks for sharing your story! Good luv Ck in your continued recovery!!
Google waist trainer. .make sure you get a steel bone one because those work best...
I ordered one but I'm afraid of it!

Here's how it's going...

Hello! This morning- wait for it- I got out of bed without my hubby's help! Then later he helped me back INTO bed for a little... you-know-what (another first since the surgery). I'm healing great, incision-wise: just a few scabby things here and there, bruises gone, etc... I didn't have any lower back pain today and I didn't wear any sort of binder/compression garment all day. I am swelling, swelling like one of those old toys- the ones that looked like big pills that you put in water and they swelled up and became toy dinosaurs and stuff. Except it's not a dinosaur now, it's just a ring of weird all around my waist :-( My surgeon pointed out that I have a bit of fatty tissue left in my upper abdomen and above my hips- he suggested weight loss- his exact wording was that he could lipo it all away, but why do that when I'm close to getting rid of it myself? Soooo... Anyway I'm still super-happy. I went to LOFT today to get a pair of shorts and ended up trying on the entire store basically. Even with the swelling, things look a bazillion times better on me now! I am pleased with my new shorts :-)

Good/funny update. I have some fat in the SAME areas. Gonna work on some weight loss over the next 9 months...anything I can't get rid of by Nov, gonna go back and get some contouring lipo on my hips and thighs. Maybe I won't need any! Lookin great girl...keep up the great recovery progress. ;-DSuzy
Yay you. I'm almost 4 weeks post op, last week I purged my closet of all the clothes I had that I used to cover of rolls, lumps and bumps. When I finally ventured into the store a couple of days ago I went a little nuts trying on things that actually FIT... Putting on those smaller clothes totally made it worth all the ups and downs.
Thanks so much! :-)

Swell Hell :-(

Whew! By the end of the day I am so swollen! My stomach feels tight and like I've just eaten Thanksgiving dinner... ALL OF THE TIME! I think I'm going to wear my compression garment few a few hours in the evening (it'd be a little uncomfy during my commute and at work I think). Soooo swell hell is real, at least for me!

Typo!

* for a few, not few a few... I blame all typos and any other mistakes on Swell Hell... I also blame Swell Hell for any bad weather we receive, political unrest, and for the sluggish economy as well...

Preach! Haha
:-)
LOL about blaming swell hell! Except it's not responsible for today's weather. :) You look awesome!!!!

Updated pic and "Hey, is this normal?"

It's been three weeks! Seems like a lifetime ago :) I'm attaching my week three pic and also a picture of a little "hole" around my areola incision. I had one like this underneath of my breast a few days ago but it healed- has anyone else experienced this?

Just wondering about your breast is there puss coming out or swollen like there is puss in it? If so it looks like a stitch that is irritated mine did that was told by dr to clean out puss then swab with hydrogen peroxide and put neosprin on it will heal up after doing that for a few days mine did heal fine
Never had a problem with breast implants! All healed well
Hi ! Thanks for that info. Every dr. seems to have a different way to keep it clean..ive heard use nothing at all, Ive heard neosporin and gauze, and then there is my dr. who says only aquaphor and gauze. Im so confused, I want to do what will make it heal best so idk? yes, it oozes yellow stuff. Nurse says its natural serum that found a crack to get out. I do feel a little stitch poking out. I think I better email her.

Splish-Splash!

Took a bath tonight for the first time since my surgery. Felt great! I didn't have any trouble getting in and out of the bathtub, either.

I wore a compression garment all day, drank tons of water, and ate very small portions of low-sodium foods. I'm still incredibly swollen, but I don't have the very-full-feels-like-I'm-going-to-explode feeling so much anymore. I didn't know how long of a recovery period this is. I'm bummed about it.

Also

I have very, very large upper arms. I had to work them out constantly to keep them as toned as possible. Now that I can't lift light weights or do push-ups, they're even bigger. I hate wishing my life away, but I wish it were next year already :-( then I'll have been able to work out and the swelling will be at least 90 percent gone, I hope :-(

You will be able to lift in no time
Thanks for sharing. 23 days. That's about the time I'll be heading back to work. Work only knows about the hernia, so the not walking straight yet will be easy to get away with. The swelling... Another story. Lots of baggy clothes. This process will be interesting. Loose dresses, maybe.
Like you, I had no idea how long the recovery process was. I figured it was like my 3 c-sections. By 6 weeks po completely back to normal. Heck, after my MM, I had just started walking completely straight at 6 weeks. But, it was so worth it. I would do it over again in a heartbeat. Glad youh enjoyed your bath. Take care.

Feeling Better

My family and I are going to visit my sister and parents in Omaha for a week. I haven't told them! I'm so swollen that I'm just as big as I used to be, if not bigger, but I think my sister and mom might feel the difference in my body when they hug me- I'm playing it by ear!

I'm 3 wks po & I am having that oozing stuff but from my TT incision site ugh I hate it I was told it will go away on its own. I put antibiotic cream on it & cover it up so I won't leave a trail haha I feel more tired & painful than the first 2 wks when I felt great & stood up taller but I'm hanging in there...... waiting for summer as well
I was out of work for 4 weeks but would still have to walk hunched over in the afternoon for at least another month or so. My incision abscesses and I had to pack it for months. Mine didn't fully heal for over three months. It was so discouraging seeing all others posts with their incisions all healed in a couple weeks. I will say..even after needing two revisions I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Oh, I wouldn't be too sure about that. Though you have swelling, you're still quite a bit smaller...plus your "girls" are in a different place, lol! By the way, you posted a pic of a neat two piece swimsuit, where did you find it? I'm thinking about one myself. Have fun in Omaha, take care of yourself, don't overdo. HUGS :-DSuzy

I've been noticing...

So I was having a fun time visiting my family, running after children, standing, sitting, bending... And all of a sudden, I realized- I wasn't having to pull up my pants over my belly flap constantly. My pants just, well, stayed where they were. I couldn't believe it. This major inconvenience I've been struggling with for years- gone. This must be what normal feels like.

You look awesome! Glad to hear about your continued progress!
Gosh, had the same experiences lately...SURREAL, right?! Enjoy :-DSuzy
Thanks girl:-D

One month!

One month ago today I was on the way to surgery! Here look at the "tops" my hubby bought for me to pop out of when we're alone- he got them too small on purpose, that stinker ;)

And-

Sometimes I feel like this when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror-

How are you coming along? Your swell hell? I love that your husband bought you tops!!
Swell hell is hellish but I'm wearing a compression garment slot and that helps!
Um compression garment ALOT not slot...

New pic.

You can really see the extent of the swelling in this one, around my middle.

The picture didn't load. But you have a long way before swelling goes away. I'm 8+ weeks post op. And I still have days that swelling is very noticeable. My favorite part of the day is when I first wake up. I look down and I admire my tummy before I even get out of bed. It does get better every week !! Happy healing and try not to let the swelling get the best of you.
I'm not in my compression garment yet, but my PS said I will need to wear it at all times for 3 months. Yikes!!!
You'll hate it but it will become your security blanket, too!

So picture didn't show up...

Try #2

Wow! Look at you! =)
Awesome shape there girly! Tiny donut or not, lol. Bombshell is the word I think. Congrats and continued good healing. HUGS :-DSuzy
You look amazing in that dress!! Va-va-voom! Even with the swelling.

LOOK AT MY BELLY!

GORGEOUS!!!! Happy for ya...you'll be rocking that swimsuit this year :-D
Awesome!!
Look at that waist too! And it'll only get better!

Almost Six Weeks Post-Op

Swelling going down a little- I'm getting back into gentle exercise that doesn't focus on my chest or ab muscles.

You're looking awesome! I know what you mean about the swelling...hang in there!
Looking Great...love the bathing suits! Im 3 months post op and still have swelling...not totally bad but still have it...but I do not have to wear a CG anymore...Yeah me...but you look incredible :)
Looking great and I love that bodycon dress on you! Continued happy healing.

Back to Exercise

Walked a mile today with my family and did some arm exercises using small soup cans. Slow and steady wins the race...

The swelling is intense. I look 4 months pregnant. I'm drinking so much water that I feel waterlogged, eating small, salt-free meals, and thinking positively.

I got a Brazilian wax today because I was going nuts with all of that hair down there and it went very well. The aesthetician avoided putting wax anywhere near my tummy tuck scar and tweezed around the drain sites. Though I'm as swollen as swollen can be, at least I'm hair-free down there!

Girl, I still swell each day, by the end of the day, I'm 10 weeks PO. Just trying to roll with it. Hang in there, they keep saying it will pass, I'm trying to focus on that. HUGS :-DSuzy

Six/Seven week pictures

Swelling is intense and never-ending. I have a blister on my right Areola as well.

Thanks for the encouragement!
Thanks :-) you look amazing!

2 Months!

Updated pics :-)

Feeling Nice

I still have a sore on my Areola but in clothes, I feel nice. I feel like a woman instead of just dumpy. Now I've caught the bug and I want Botox!

OMG! You look Fabulous :) I've been following your journey! Thanks for the updates! I have 3 weeks before my MM :)
Thanks for the compliment! Enjoy the anticipation phase!
Looking good in that royal purple lady! Continued healing and hang in there with the swelling.

8 weeks post-op pics.

Here I am! I've lost 5 more lbs and am back at the gym. No big changes yet but I'm working hard!

You look great! Looks like your healing is coming along nicely. Way to go on the 5lbs!
Thanks!
I love your updates! We are the same height so I get some perspective. How much did you weigh in the purple outfit? That was amazing photo. Happy healing to you.

Three months!

My swelling is gone and I love my new waistline! I saw Dr. DeWire last week and he proclaimed me "graduated." I'm continuing my diet and exercise and the pounds just keep falling off! I've been sashaying around like I'm hot stuff; the confidence boost has been amazing. For those of you in the swelling stage- it gets better! Now I'm just waiting for my breast implants to drop a bit :-)

And sashay you SHOULD! Wonderful results...it's clear you are working hard and improving ALL the time. What a great role model you are. Keep up the excellent progress. HUGS :-DSuzy
Thanks so much!

103 Days Since My Surgery

Here are some sexy pics! The one of me by the window shows the scars- I sent the one of me lying down to my hubby while he was out with his friends and he said he was sneaking glances at it every time he could!

Great results. Enjoy!
Dr. DeWire

So far, my experience with Dr. DeWire and his staff has been great! He's very realistic about what results I can expect. I trust him. He also has a great sense of humor, which I love! My hubby was impressed with him as well. His office staff is very good about answering the questions I have so far. On the day of surgery, he took the time to answer my questions and put me at ease. He's a good surgeon and a good man.