Still Waiting on Final Results - Richmond, VA

Had a lower bleph on May 30, 2013. It was the...

Had a lower bleph on May 30, 2013. It was the kind where they remove fat and tissue and suspend the sides (not sure of the proper name). Well its almost 7 weeks later and while I will admit the bags are gone, the scar line is very nice, they are very symmetrical and over all I'd call it a good result. Problem is I still have dark circles under my eyes that were not present before the surgery, I've been told its likely trapped blood that will clear eventually. I bruised terribly despite a week a Vitamin K before hand, constant icing and arnica Montana afterwards. My under eye skin seems more lax and creases more when I smile than I remember before. I've done an 18% TCA peel and it made no difference. I saw my surgeon last week and she pointed out that I still have a little swelling, she said to give it another month (that will be 3 months). I'm also over due for Radiesse in my cheeks which may be contributing to the scrunchy under eye area, but she said to wait 2 more months for upper cheek fillers. I think I might cheat and try some upper cheek filler in another month as I have a high school reunion and want to be able to smile without worrying about the mega scrunchy lines. I definitely see a change and the surgery was done very well but I'm anxious to see the final results and to deal with the lax under eye skin area. I'm not ready to show an after picture yet, but for those who are curious here is some of my journey.

9 month update

Just realized I never updated this review. So its been 9 months and the dark under eye area is completely gone, no bags, its nice and smooth as long as I'm not smiling, but when I do I still get the scrunchies under my eyes, but really that's to be expected. I know the lower bleph isn't intended to smooth all that out and it didn't (but I was hopeful), but I definitely have a much improved lower eye area and I don't look tired all the time. She took just enough to make an improvement without my eyes looking "done". I would say it was definitely worth it and I would recommend Dr. Pergusson to anyone looking for blepharoplasty near Richmond, VA.
Richmond Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thanks for sharing with us!  Your pictures say a thousand words, thanks for adding them.  Please keep us posted on whether you decide to do the filler sooner and if it helps with the scrunchyness, and how the reunion goes!