Worse Than I Expected

The technician was informative, but she didn't...

The technician was informative, but she didn't give details which I would have appreciated. She just said that it would hurt some during the procedure and that my skin would feel like a sunburn post-op. I wasn't given any numbing cream prior to the procedure and almost gave up during the 1st few minutes. It hurt so bad and I felt like I was going to pass out. I decided to push on and get through it, but it was awful pain. (better be worth it with the results!) I have felt bad, lethargic and very thirsty, for the two days since the procedure.

Today is 48hrs post-op and I think it's worse that the 1st day. My skin is so tight that I can barely move my mouth to eat and surely can't smile. I feel like if I tried to smile I would crack the skin all over my cheeks and mouth and it would start bleeding. I can barely get food in my mouth due to being unable to open my lips. I'm swollen and the color is still bad. I wouldn't be able to work today if I had to go.

The website for Pixel states that there's no downtime. That is a joke!! I have taken Benadryl the past two nights to help me sleep and feel groggy during the day. Immediately after the procedure I was still willing to get this done again at some point, but I have decided that regardless of the results, it isn't worth going through this again. I feel vain and realize that God gave me this skin and I chose to treat it without love during my teens and twenties. (sunbathing/tanning beds) I am coming to realize that I should be comfortable in my skin and that aging is a normal process. I am going to be more careful w/ sun exposure from now on and deal with aging skin. Putting yourself through this torment and cost isn't worth it.

I did this for fine lines and uneven pigmentation.

Me neither - I wasnt offered any numbing cream or pain killers and nearly fainted from the pain. I could barely drive home as the burning senstation was phenomenal. I really wasnt told that it would be this bad. Im not that vain and my skin wasnt that bad - and now im freaking out that I have damaged myself forever.
I look and feel like a nightmare. Dehydration has set in, my skin is crawling and stinging and im 24 hours post treatment. Help!

Hi pixal,

Oh my no numbing cream or pain killers, I would have probably passed out. Hopefully after all you have gone through the outcome will be nice. Please let us know how things progress and if it's turns out well we'd love to see pictures.

Thanks,