My Experience with Invisalign! - Richmond Hill, ON

I am on day 6 of tray 1/28 and slowly am starting...

I am on day 6 of tray 1/28 and slowly am starting to get used to wearing these all day/night. The one thing throwing me off are the elastics that I have to wear to fix my overbite, I was not expecting to have to wear these so trying to get used to both the plastic trays and the pressure/tightness that comes with elastics has been a challenge. So far I have not heard anything about having to wear attachments but am nervous that this might come up during my next appointment in January.

In terms of daily hygiene/habits, I've not had too much trouble with taking the trays off or putting them in, my teeth are a little sore in the morning and I think that's because I clench my teeth while sleeping. I have been popping some melatonin right before bed and that's been helping me sleep through the night. I find that is the easiest time to wear the aligners because they are on for 8+ hours without me touching them or taking them out. I do carry a little dental kit with me at all times that contains a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, mouth wash and ortho wax (this stuff is amazing!!). Will post pictures next week when I start tray 2!
I have to get a rubber band too! I was also unaware of having too get one...Attachments are pretty standard but you should ask your orthodontists what the plans for your treatment are, so there are no more surprises.
I wish I had looked at reviews more closely before agreeing so I would know exactly which questions to ask. I don't know why but I have this really strong feeling that I will have to get attachments put on during my next appointment in January. I am definitely going to bring a list of questions for my next appointment to avoid any surprises :)

Smart to have a dental kit with you!  I never thought of that :).  I just stopped eating while I was out, or brought a toothbrush and paste in my bag.  I am really curious to see what the rubber bands look like in.  I've never seen them with Invisalign before.  Oh, and your teeth will be sore in the morning because they're being moved--if you were clenching or grinding your teeth prior to Invisalign, you would probably have felt the same kind of soreness before.  But the soreness is basically always a result of the trays doing their job. I look forward to following your journey!

Day 4, Tray 2

Well nothing too exciting to report on this tray. I put it on Friday night before bed as I've read that is the best way to get used to your new tray and so far I haven't had any problems. My first tray needed a lot of ortho wax because my lips were getting cut from the hooks for my elastics but so far I have not needed to use any on this tray....already looking forward to tray 3 and anxious to see some results.

So glad you're finding this newest set of aligners less irritating.  Hopefully that will be the pattern from now on, but I do remember that when other teeth were being targeted, sometimes the trays bulged in different ways for the first few days, so I'd get new points of irritation.  At least you know how to deal with ortho wax now!

Are your appointments spaced at 6-week intervals, by the way?  It was my assumption that most were, but I've seen a few people now who go in for each tray, and others who gets more aligners.

My appointments are 8 weeks apart, I get 4 trays each visit.

Thanks!