Painful Eyeliner on Upper and Lower Lids - Rhode Island

I decided to get my eyeliner done on my upper and...

I decided to get my eyeliner done on my upper and lower lids.I wear it everyday and i was tired of being smudgey. the woman who did it was in her early fourty's wearing a tight plaeather dress and heals. i told her what i wanted and she began doing the liner in black. It was extremely painful and i've had quite a lot of tattoo's done. granted its on my eye, but good lord. She kept calling me a blinker. uh, yeah i'm blinking there's a needle scraping my eye :( tried as hard as i could to keep my eye open for her, but it was damn near impossible. Are you really expected to keep the eye open in order for someone to tattoo eyeliner???

anyway she kept making comments on how shes old and fat. the lady was a tooth pick covered in makeup and wearing a wig. It just made me uncomfortable. she said she hit a blood vessle and that there would be bruising.

she asked me how i liked it and said it was beautiful and i could have it touched up for free. I looked in her mirror but i honestly was so swollen and my eye was so bruised around it that i couldn't see. I told her it looked fine and left awkwardly.

anyway I'm on day two of healing and i'm afraid to go to work. I'm so swollen and bruised. I have a splitting headache, and it looks like she made a dot of black above the line. there are some missing spots, and honestly it looks like im gonna have to still put liner when my eye's finally heal. I know i will heal and it won't be terrible. If It does need to be fixed but i'm never going to go back. maybe to a medical place where they do it, but never back to that woman. I don't care how free it is she'd have to pay me. Mind you i have a strong thresh hold when it comes to pain and needles. The moral to the story is,don't trust an eccentric woman in a pleather dress. If you feel uncomfortable don't do it.

very painful and awkward and i'm still going to have to wear liner. so much can go wrong.

I had my eyebrows, eyeliner and Lips done at Diane's Permanent Makeup. She is the best! There is no other person out there that can compare. My makeup looks soooo natural noone can ever tell. I wake up every day looking BEAUTIFUL!
Where did you go?

I had mine done at make it permanent it's my eye brows are terrible please help me find someone who can fix it for me... I'm getting depressed over it

You're lying it is one of the best in RI. She did me all over my face after a bad experience. She did a good job it looks wonderful.
Elicity143 Why you have to do this to a sweet person like her.
Hi Elicity143 this is Yaneth from Make It Permanent one of my client called me and told me about your comment, I know who you are vega recommended you to me, it wasn't nice what you did, just because you don't want to pay for a retouch after almost a year!!! In all this years that i have this business you've been the only complainer May God forgive you!!
The girl who wrote the review is definately a liar. I was ther and she was moving all over while the artist was trying to work. Also the woman who did her work is very beautiful and in her 50s, highly experienced and teriffic!
Go and See Diane at Diane's Permanent Makeup. She did mine and I was lucky to find her! She even fixes what other people have messed up.
I had permanent eyeliner done, both top & lower lids. She has done the lowers twice & both times when the scab came off so did the color (all of it!), what is she doing wrong? She's using numbing cream & when it begins to wear off it hurts so I know she's breaking the skin.
She was not trained right. It should only be a one time thing. I went to Diane's Permanent Makeup and everything looks GREAT!
No need for pain, in the future there are "professionals" not just tattoo artists, so please take the time to seek us out.

Sorry for your experience. I went to warwick for a consultation, Thanks God a did'nt get my work done by her, Then I went to East Providence, her name is Yaneth at Make It Permanent she did my full face it looks fabulous (people think that I apply my own make-up) it look natural. her website is www.************.com go to her, eyeliner are not painfull. She will fix it.

Juoibelle is right, I bring all my clients back for a touch up so its better to do a little less and if the client wants darker of thicker after 4 weeks, we can do it then!
I'm going straight to buy that book, you can never know too much about eyebrows!
I am always asked what happens if I make a mistake...I tell people I have no room for mistakes...but my personal technique nearly assures me a happy client so touch wood, no mistakes yet!
It's a great book. I'm glad to hear that there are permanent makeup artists out there who care about getting cosmetically good results. There was someone in my neighborhood who had a terrible permanent makeup job done to her eyebrows, but she thought her permanent-makeup eyebrows looked great. No one had the heart to tell her otherwise. People would refer to her as 'You know, the woman with the eyebrows,' and other people would say, "Oh, I know who you mean now." This woman's eyebrows were THE thing you noticed first about her and, believe me, this wasn't a good thing. Think about the beauties we see on the screen, like Cybil Shephard and Candice Bergen; their brows look so natural.
Having a tattoo on your face is a very serious decision. I have not read Nancy Parker's book, but I have very well educated opinions of my own. I take a lot of pride in my work and I am also very conservative on the initial procedure. A good practitioner understands eyebrow shape, individual facial morphology, and color as it shows up with your natural coloring. I have a degree in art and a very good "eye." Even with my natural ability, working with skin in this way has a high learning curve (especially on the face where you want it subtle,) and it took awhile for me to get really good. Fortunately, since I was conservative, I made no permanent mistakes. It's a personal decision. I have it myself and I love it.
where you have this done. Because I did my eye brows in warwick and she did an awful job
I'm so sorry for your bad experience. Just know that you're not alone. It happened to me too--and to think that the permanent makeup tattooist was "medically certified" in the yellow pages and referred to me by a cosmetic surgeon! I underwent laser removal, but it has resulted in scarring and there is still residual ink in my eyebrows, which gives me a harsh, critical look. I've always had nice skin, but now I have to wear thick makeup to gook over the bad brows. TO EVERYONE: READ THE BOOK,"BEAUTIFUL BROWS," by NANCY PARKER before you consider having ANY permanent eyebrow tattooing performed. It teaches you about the importance of eyebrow shape and facial expression. If you still want permanent tattooed-on eyebrows, then be sure to take Parker's book in to the tattooist and have her read it first (it's a quick read). Chances are, your permanent makeup artist will have to do some soul-searching after seeing Parker's book. Remember, too--you can't necessarily trust plastic or cosmetic surgeons to do well by your face. Sometimes their relationship with permanent tattoo makeup artists is purely financial. I've seen women who think that their eyebrow and eyelid tattoos look great, but they look hideous with their 'hooks and worms'
Also, no, you don't have to keep your eyes open. I always have my clients close their eyes.
I'm sorry for your experience. I am a practitioner and I have seen lots of bad work come in to my studio. There are many levels of talent and expertise in this field. If you decide to do it again, have a consultation with the person first and look at healed pictures of their work. Also, make sure they have done at least 300 procedures or more.

Ouch! What a crazy ordeal. Sorry you're having to go through it. I hope it gets better once all the bruising goes away.

Do you mind sharing where you found your provider?