Glabella Botox Worked for Me! - Johnston, RI

It's been about a week since I had Botox done...

It's been about a week since I had Botox done at a plastic surgeon's office. I chose a plastic surgeon for a few reasons. First I already had one slightly droopy lid, and was worried about putting myself into less experienced hands for this reason. I didn't want my slightly droopy lid to get droopier! Second, I wanted a professional with professional understanding who could help if my lid did get droopy-and good malpractice insurance if she couldn't!

My experience was painless and simple. I got injected in five separate areas-two above brows on either side, and one in the middle. No pain, just a pinch and slight swelling afterwards. I did feel some strange sensations in my throat/upper chest, but that may just have been anxiety. I'm usually very sensitive to my bodily sensations and this freaked me out a bit, so I told the doctor to hold on the second area I wanted to get done. I'm going back next week to get crow's feet done...which I've heard is slightly more prone to botox migration. I hope it works out just well. I followed the doctor's instructions to a T-I walked around like I was balancing a book on my head the rest of the day and avoided exercise for 36 hours.

The doctor was genius-she put a tiny bit more on my non-droopy side (left). Now that eyelids droops just slightly and matches my right! It's perfect. I look more relaxed and I'm seeing my glabella wrinkle disappear. Love it.

Providence Plastic Surgeon

I rate the doctor highly; the only reason I didn't give 5 stars is I was extremely anxious and she couldn't quell my doubts.

I'm thirty years old, have pretty good skin with only fine wrinkles that are caused by facial rxpressions. I'll post pix soon.
I posted a picture of my maximum glabella lines pre-Botox. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to post more than one picture on here! It wouldn't matter much since I have practically NO ability to make my glabella scrunch up anymore. Perhaps I'm more sensitive to Botox than most people?

Hmm, perhaps. If you want to add more pictures please PM them to me and I will post them for you.

Thanks,

-Britt

HI thestip,

Welcome to the Botox community. Great everything went as you had hoped. I'm glad your doctor gave you aftercare instructions, other community members have mentioned they didn't know what they could or could not do after. Are you going to continue to have Botox done in the future? How long had you been considering getting this procedure? We would love to see pictures if you are comfortable sharing. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt