Full Tummy Tuck with Muscle Repair on 6/17/11 - Rhode Island

After having two kids and losing over 75 pounds I...

After having two kids and losing over 75 pounds I decided to have a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo. I interviewed a few surgeons three years ago but only one recommended that I lose weight. It took awhile but I did it and felt comfortable with him performing the surgery.

The day of surgery I wasn't nervous in the least. I arrived at the hospital at 8am and was in recovery and awake at 2:30. An overnight stay was included in my cost and I was glad I chose that option. It was nice not having to move around as I would have if I was home.

My catheder was removed at 6:30am and my morphine was stopped at 2:30. I never had to increase my dosage, however I always felt I have a high threshold for pain. Later they gave me the percoset which I seem to do fine on. I was able to leave the hospital at 4pm.

I am 3 days post op and I am sore but the pain is manageable. I do have a binder on that won't be removed until Friday and two drains in that hopefully will also be removed on Friday.

06/24/11 one week post op I had my follow up...

06/24/11 one week post op

I had my follow up with my PS today. I had the binder removed and the drains taken out!! So happy about how every thing looks and that I can now take a shower.

07/01/11 - Can't believe it's 2 weeks...

07/01/11 - Can't believe it's 2 weeks already!

I went back to work on Wednesday. I expected to only work half days but once I got in I was fine. Yesterday I started back on the treadmill. I am no where near before surgery but it's a start and each day will get better. I can't wait for Tuesday as my stitches comme out! My poor PS, I have a whole slew of questions for him - again! I am still swollen most of the time but it's tolerable. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Madison Plastic Surgeon

I like that he was the only one who encouraged me to lose weight before having surgery.

Wow Friendly. Sounds like you recovered really quickly. Congrats!

Thank you for sharing your story with all of us here on RealSelf.  It sounds like you are doing really well and have the pain under control.

Rest and more rest for the first couple of weeks so that you continue to heal properly.

Keep us up to date and do share any tips you have for recovery as you go.

Congratulations:)

He told me I lost 11 pounds. I'm not going near a scale yet, I'm too chicken! My 1st post op is Friday also. How are you feeling?
I am feeling really good. I have my post op on Friday too. Hopefully the drains will come out. I will also ask how much skin and fat was removed. Have a great day!
Hi friendly4
Did you find out how much skin and fat was removed? I did not ask but I will on Friday at my 1st post op appt. Also have you attempted to weight yourself yet???