Full Tummy Tuck with Muscle Repair on 6/17/11 - Rhode Island

After having two kids and losing over 75 pounds I...

After having two kids and losing over 75 pounds I decided to have a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo. I interviewed a few surgeons three years ago but only one recommended that I lose weight. It took awhile but I did it and felt comfortable with him performing the surgery.

The day of surgery I wasn't nervous in the least. I arrived at the hospital at 8am and was in recovery and awake at 2:30. An overnight stay was included in my cost and I was glad I chose that option. It was nice not having to move around as I would have if I was home.

My catheder was removed at 6:30am and my morphine was stopped at 2:30. I never had to increase my dosage, however I always felt I have a high threshold for pain. Later they gave me the percoset which I seem to do fine on. I was able to leave the hospital at 4pm.

I am 3 days post op and I am sore but the pain is manageable. I do have a binder on that won't be removed until Friday and two drains in that hopefully will also be removed on Friday.

06/24/11 one week post op I had my follow up...

06/24/11 one week post op

I had my follow up with my PS today. I had the binder removed and the drains taken out!! So happy about how every thing looks and that I can now take a shower.

07/01/11 - Can't believe it's 2 weeks...

07/01/11 - Can't believe it's 2 weeks already!

I went back to work on Wednesday. I expected to only work half days but once I got in I was fine. Yesterday I started back on the treadmill. I am no where near before surgery but it's a start and each day will get better. I can't wait for Tuesday as my stitches comme out! My poor PS, I have a whole slew of questions for him - again! I am still swollen most of the time but it's tolerable. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Madison Plastic Surgeon

I like that he was the only one who encouraged me to lose weight before having surgery.