1st Time I Would Do It Again - South County, RI

I was sent an e-mail from a local skin...

I was sent an e-mail from a local skin rejuvenation spa in my town with information on the e-matrix sublative laser treatment. I was interested in Fraxel but no one in my area offers it. Made an appointment for E-matrix because they had a special promotion at a reduced cost in the month of October. After reading some of the negative reviews on this site I felt panicky and wanted to cancel. I called the spa and was reassured that no one had a bad experience there.

I arrived 30 minutes before my appointment and at that time a topical numbing gel was applied to my face. Once I was numb the tech began testing a couple of areas on my face. I did not feel any pain. The only negative was the smell of burning skin. Gross I know but I took breathe through my mouth and it wasn't so bad.

It took about 25 minutes to cover my entire face and neck. My face was rosy red like a sunburn. I was advised not to apply ice packs because swelling was desired. If it was too painful or swollen I should take a Benadryl or analgesic. Never had to take anything.

Went out to dinner that night. Next day it was still a bit blotchy and red but I never felt uncomfortable. On day 3 I did my boot camp class in the morning and went to work for a full day. My boss said I looked like I had a tan and I attributed it to the bronze mineral powder I had on.

For about 7-10 days there were tiny little pin hole scabs all over my face but they were only visible up close without mineral powder on. As far as results my pores appear smaller, my wrinkles are less pronounced and overall my skin appears tighter and brighter. I made my second appointment for 6 weeks from now.

Be sure to talk to your technician and ask about the results with their clientele. If I hadn't called I never would have believed a less invasive procedure could have such a significant improvement to my skin. I am very happy with my results and my experience. I posted a couple of pics below.

Sea Mist Rejuvenation

I did not require any after care follow up but the staff at Sea Mist Rejuvenation were instrumental in educating me on the procedure and alleviating my angst on the days before.

Hi ~what was the special they were offering? Was it $750.00 for one treatment of your whole face?
thx...thinking of getting it done..:)

That was for my entire face and neck. It was cheaper for just the face and no neck but now I do not remember what price that was. I have recently been getting many compliments on my skin. I had 2 more follow up treatments in December and January. Be sure to ask your provider how many times he/she has performed this and if there were any problems.

Hi catia,

Wow, your pictures are awesome! I'm so glad this worked out so well for you. Did they mention why they wanted swelling?

Thanks,