Not So Sure. Afraid of the Outcome

I've always wanted to get rid of the hump on my...

I've always wanted to get rid of the hump on my nose and also make it smaller. I've noticed over the years my nose doesn't match my face. I don't mind having big features since I am a guy but my nose is out of proportion. I've been wanting to get it done ever since I was 16, it has bothered me since. My personal goal is to get a nose that fits my face. Nothing out of there and I want it to be simple. I'm having mixed feelings about getting my nose done. I'm afraid it'll be done wrong or I won't get the nose I want. I've learned a lot from this website and doing a bunch of research. It's been very helpful but I still want to find out more.

First of all you need to research research and once again research the right surgeon. I was not happy with my initial result and it cost me allot of stress. I have had a second minor op two years ago and my nose is still changing shape and I do not feel that I like it. It is a big decision, and it is playing with fire a little bit, that is the only way I can describe it. But again there are millions of people out there who have had a great experience and would recommend it to anyone who are thinking about it. Research a good, experienced surgeon, ask for as many before and after photos, speak to any previous patients, do not rush into it, and bare in mind that rhinoplasty is one of the hardest plastic surgeries and the most difficult to get it right, Your nose id not something you can later hide until you resolve any problems that might come up and takes very long to see the initial result. Best of luck
Thank you and I have gone on one consultation so far. I'm trying to look into more but I can only visit doctors who accept my insurance. I was going to go on more than three consultations because I really want to find the right one. I've decided to wait a year until I get the surgery. Thank you for the help, I'm going to really need it.

Welcome to RealSelf and thanks for starting your story! Have you gone on any consultations yet? That will go a long way toward helping you decide what you need and want. I recommend going on at least three consults with ASPS/ASAPS board certified facial/rhinoplasty specialists.

Please let us know what you decide and PM me if you're looking for specific info and I'll see if I can help.