I'm excited to see how it will turn out! - Rhinoplasty - Troy, MI

So it's the day after my surgery and so far I...

So it's the day after my surgery and so far I don't feel TOO bad. Last night was rough because I'm not use to sleeping so straight up. Also, during the day I had some problems with swallowing because of the blood accumulating in my nose (my surgeon didn't use packing in my nose because he said that there wasn't a lot of bleeding). I'm going in for a check up tomorrow and hopefully will get most of the dried blood out of my nostrils (how uncomfortable!) It's hard to see how my nose will look because of the splint, but I'm excited to see how it will turn out!

Will update more with pictures and stories throughout recovery!

So it's 5 days post-op and I got my cast off...

So it's 5 days post-op and I got my cast off today, the hump that I use to have on my nose is completely gone and I LOVE my profile view. There's still quite a bit of swelling but I never had any bruising, which is good. I'm kinda worried about the tip of my nose because I feel like my nostrils seem to be flaring a little too much, but I'm hoping this will go away when the swelling in the tip goes away!

It's been over 6 weeks since my surgery, and I'm...

It's been over 6 weeks since my surgery, and I'm very happy with the results. It was exactly what I wanted. I didn't want a drastic change where people KNEW I had my nose done, but I wanted the things that bothered me fixed! :)
The tip is still getting smaller as the swelling continues to go down. I developed a little scar tissue in my right nostril, but that's going down slowly as well.

very happy :)

He was very nice and made sure I had realistic expectations. My only dissatisfaction was that I didn't feel there was a lot of patient-doctor interaction before surgery...

wow your results are great not only the tip looks perfect the whole nose is more symmetrical and natural actually your 5th month post op pic is so supporive as i have my own fears about my nose shape and sometimes feel hasty about the final results forgetting that it takes time for swellings to go
honestly if your dealing with any type of nose go to dr william sabbagh he is the best
thank you for your response. i am very nervous. i have a moderately deviated septum, dorsal bump and a sort of boxy tip. my friends all think im the vainest person alive for even doing this but my nose has bothered me for awhile, i broke it a couple times when i was younger. im 32 now and have lived with it this long, im just hoping it doesnt turn into a 'leave well enough alone' situation. :)
the pics he had in his book were nice and he tells me that i will still look like me, which is good but kind of vague. i still want to 'look like me' of course but i'm also spending several thousand dollars and letting him slice and dice my face so i don't look like 'me'...i just hope i dont end up being one of those people who look the same after...
i'm sorry you've had to have so many procedures, was it a complicated situation to start with or were there errors that made it complicated after your first surgery?
Kristy978, I'm sorry, I'm just now seeing your response to my previous post. Did you set a date for your surgery? Don't worry about your friends thinking your vain..you have to live with your nose and if you're not happy with it, then get it fixed. No one will understand unless their in your shoes.
Hi Kristy978, no, he doesn't do computer simulation. Sounds like this is your first surgery, I'm sure he'll do a great job! Mine was a complicated revision. For me, he just charged A LOT and basically didn't do really anything. His lack of ability to "listen" to what I was saying drove me nuts, and he kept trying to convince me I looked good after surgery, which I obviously didn't. In regards to the twighlight, I did wake up briefly in the middle of surgery but was so drugged up I didn't feel anything...just heard them talking. Once he realized I was awake he put me back under right away. You won't feel anything so don't worry about the breaking of the nose! Unfortunately, I've went through this 4 times already..just recently had my last surgery.
thank you, detroit1694. you said you were displeased with your result, did he ever show you pictures or anything of what it was supposed to look like? he didnt show me, should i be scared?
he showed me his book and there were some really nice examples of noses similar to mine but he didn't do a computer simulation picture like some people on here talked about. he has to break my nose, which sounds scary. how was the twilight sedation? did you remember anything ?

Kristy,

If it helps, you'll be totally out, so it won't make a difference to you whether your nose was broken or not. It certainly didn't to me!

Kristy978, good luck with your surgery. Dr. G being all over the place has nothing to do with him going on vacation..he's like that pretty much all the time. He's like the absent minded professor.
dr golden is doing my nose in like two weeks. he was low key the first consult but he was all over the place like he forgot to take his ritalin or something a few days ago. hopefully, its because he was leaving for vacation...
your nose looks awesome, op! i have a bump too and can't imagine what i'll look like without it!
Wow! Your new nose looks so GREAT!! =)Did your doctor put in a lot of grafts and was it a open or closed rhino?
thanks :) he didn't put any grafts at all, but it was an open rhinoplasty
Hello, where in troy michigan did you get it done? I was thinking of getting a nose job done in the metro detroit area (i live in royal oak), but I didn't think it would be so much! I was hoping more in the range of 3,000ish.
It's by Somerset Mall. It's expensive, but I was willing to pay whatever I needed to in order to be sure that I was going to come out looking exactly how I wanted (I've seen way too many horror stories on here...)
Hi Cursednose1, Be careful doing a revision with Dr. G. I had one done with him a couple years ago and now am having to go to a specialist out of state to have it fixed. Pretty much a waste of money. He's nice..but completely scattered. Told me different things every time I went to see him post surgery and never really listened to what I had to say.
I just got my cast off yesterday too! Your nose looks SO good- perfect for your face. The nostril flaring is due to swelling which is very normal, so no worries. It will only get better as time goes on. I'm so happy with mine too and I'm very happy with you!! A small change made a big difference in the beauty of your face, and I'm sure it will give you a lot of confidence. =)(=
Hi Lc

U look great. Especially from the front. That is the most difficult view to get right. It looks great for being only 5 days post op. I am guessing you went to Dr G.Am I correct? He did my sisters nose and it is probably the nicest nose I have ever seen. I hope he will do mine. I had a revision 3 years ago that was ok, but then I got in an altercation and broke my nose and eyebrow. I really hope he can fix me up. I just hope Dr G. doesnt retire before that. Did he perform a septoplasty on you as well? Well happy healling, and I cant wait to see your progress. keep us updated. Best regards.
His name was actually Dr. Busuito with Somerset Plastic Surgery in Troy :)
Dr.Thoedore Golden did your sisters nose?
you look great! i can see why you love your profile so much. i think your frontal also looks awesome as well. i totally understand the swelling. i just got my cast off today and i feel like my nose puffed up like a balloon. even with all the swelling, my nose is still much better than it was before. thanks for posting your pictures :)

Thanks for sharing your story with us! The first night IS rough. And yeah, before rhinoplasty, you don't think about all the crud that will be in your nose afterward (at least not in any concrete way). I found a q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to be great for cleaning out the dried stuff from my nostrils. You might want to double-check that with your doctor though. Looking forward to seeing your photos and reading more about your journey to a new nose!