Rhinoplasty Success =)

I was 19 years old when I went under the knife for...

I was 19 years old when I went under the knife for my rhinoplasty and deviated septum correction.

For seven days I had to wear a plastic bandage over my nose. Honestly, that was the worst part of the entire procedure and the fact that no one knows how dry the human mouth can get until they have this procedure =). Breathing through my mouth was really not as bad as it sounded before I had to do it. I rarely took a pain killer and I had minimal swelling. My noticeable swelling lasted for about a week to two weeks and my bruising totally went away within three weeks. I was able to cover it up with make up after about a week.

If I had the choice to do it all over again, I would. I must admit that this is mostly because of the wonderful doctor I had. I was very lucky and very serious about research before the procedure. I saw three doctors before I found the right one. My doctor even accepted insurance because of my deviated septum.

My advice would be to go ahead with the procedure if necessary, BUT you must take the time and effort to find a good doctor! Also, when they say it takes a year to 100% heal they are absolutely right. After about two weeks to a month the swelling is down at least 50% and it will look great. Gradually you will realize small positive changes. And if you have the same septum problem as I did you will be so happy with the way you can breathe after!

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very honest, gentle, and good at what he does. He actually specializes in Rhinoplasty. Located on M Street in Washington, Dc. http://www.stevenbhopping.md/

how complicated was the rhinoplasty from an aesthetic perspective? I would like to get the width of my nostrils taken in and the tip of my nose to look less bulbous. Did you have similar revisions? Thanks
great natural result