Needs a Re-Do. Looks Bad.

I wanted rhinoplasty since about the age of 13,...

I wanted rhinoplasty since about the age of 13, when all of a sudden, a large flat shelf started growing across the bridge. People always asked me if my nose was broken, and I would angrily answer "NO" without knowing that I actually had, in fact, broken my nose at some point without realizing it. So when I consulted an ENT for chronic bronchitis and pneumonia at age 30, I was actually very happy to learn that I would need sinus surgery and that I also had a deviated septum and a broken bridge. So now, at age 33, after having had rhinoplasty three years ago (done by a plastic surgeon) - I also regret having it done, only for the fact that I didn't trust my gut instinct when I disapproved of the surgeon's attitude towards me. Now, my nose doesn't have a flat hump over the bridge anymore, but the surgeon also went against my wishes, which we repeatedly discussed, to leave the rest of my nose alone. He narrowed the tip, and scooped out so much cartilage that I actually have pockets on the inside of the tip, which are chronically infected. He also narrowed it to a point on one side of my nose, so that looking at it from the front, it bends off to one side like a banana. It honestly looks like a banana - because he left the width of my bridge as it was, but narrowed the tip, which created a narrow-wide-narrow cartoon of a nose that bends severely to one side (it did not before surgery). I would go back to have it re-done, but I am so scared to confront this guy because of how he treated me the first time. So now, I'm planning to have it fixed by another surgeon, at twice the expense of the first surgery. What a nightmare.

Hello! I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Could you please share who you went to so I can know to avoid him? Thank you, and best wishes in your recovery!
You sound like a 'too-nice' a person. Don't be intimidated by this pompous ass of a surgeon. He probably uses intimidation to compensate for his incompetence. Sue his ass and take the money and go to a good plastic surgeon in Hollywood.
I forgot to mention, my nose also became a Banana/Cucumber nose. Doesnt fits to my face at all. A couple of decades ago everyone got small, heavily mutilated ski sloped piggy noses. Maybe, for our generation, the vegetable-nose fashion is the current trend. I prefer original noses - after my personal nightmare. No matter how crooked, hooked, broken, whatever. Let it be natural. There is nothing more beautiful than natural.
However this advice sounds good, in reality there is no way back to restore a surgically distorted nose. With huge luck it might be improved but never be so perfect as it was naturally no matter how did it looked before. good luck!
How horrible! Why didn't you have the HNS/ENT MD do the surgery for you? Thats what I did & because of that, he TOLD me because my insurance was covering it, he could only fix the damage causing the issues and damage from the break. Needless to say, he didn't touch my tip and only fixed what I wanted in the 1st place! What you should do is go get several 2nd opinions & have them write out what they think and what they would do (not telling them the previous MD's info) and then nicely take it back to the stupid yahoo who did it & tell him that because of what he did, you need a revision & that he should be the one to do it or pick up the cost. Consult a lawyer (free consultation) to see if you have ANY rights on this matter. Most surgeons do not like bad work out there and hate bad referrals more - so threaten if you have too!! The way you look & feel affects your life forever so don't be afraid to make yourself feel the way you should have in the 1st place!