My Journey to Get a New Nose

Hi, my name is Cara and this is my story of my new...

Hi, my name is Cara and this is my story of my new nose. I'm 17 right now but I hope to get this procedure done asap. I've been considering this since I was 13 or so. But this past year I've been researching the crap out of it, and now I've been asking doctors on here. I want to get my nostrils narrowed, I just hate my nose. I feel as if it doesn't even fit my face. I have pretty eyes and pretty lips but my nose is just a big ugly distraction and cancels out the rest of my pretty features. I hope someone will read this. Comment and let me know? Thanks :) I'll keep updating this.

Hey y'all im adding photos of me now (obvioiusly)...

Hey y'all im adding photos of me now (obvioiusly) so go look. like i said i think i have pretty features despite my nose. i feel like its just not right for my face and i cant wait to be able to one day have the right nose.

Well ive been talking to some doctors and one of...

Well ive been talking to some doctors and one of them gave me a total fee of 6555.
I have a consultation set up with them on may 14th. im pretty excited but kinda scared too :/

So, I've been looking through before and after...

So, I've been looking through before and after pictures from a lot of different doctors and im getting quite dissappointed. I really havent seen any of them showing what i want done. what if im stuck with this horrible thing on my face forever? I want my nose thinner, with more narrow nostrils and less of a tip. im not really seeing it in any of those pics. :/ its really kinda scaring me, what if what i want cant really be done? uggghhh...

Hello, I honestly don't think rhinoplasty would change your profile very much. Your nose, from the side, has a nice slope and is not over-projected. On the other hand, having your nose narrowed would make a considerable difference -- in my opinion -- from the front view. I have been through two rhinoplasties, and my advice to you is to wait until you graduate from high school. The summer in between high school and college is a perfect time for this surgery. That way you won't see your old classmates much (except for your good friends), and the people you meet in college will have never seen your old nose. Anyway, that's just my opinion. I wish I could have gotten my done at that time in my life. It honestly would have made a big difference in my self-esteem during my college years.
Yeah, i know what you mean but when i get my new nose im gonna show it off like a new pair of shoes :) not obviously though, i'll just take a lot of pictures and what not, maybe some zoom ins of my nose.... who nose... get it? ;D
Aww, y'all are all so nice and helpful :) i feel so pretty after reading all that :D thanks! I've been doing a BUNCH of research and its ALL i've been talking about these past few weeks.I keep looking in the mirror and breathing in real hard because i like the way my nose looks when i do that.But whenever i look in the mirror its all i can see and i hate it. Thanks again guys. Im deffinetly going to continue doing research.
I can totally relate to your insecurity. Personally I've always liked my face as a whole (except when I put on alot of weight few years back due to a medication, made me look like a different person) But I'm incredibly, INCREDIBLY insecure about my smile. Like I' afraid to smile with my mouth open in front of people I don't know. Why? Because my teeth have never shown all that much when I smile, and recently my upper teeth have become shorter, so you can barely see my teeth when I smile. I know exactly how you feel. When you see yourself in the mirror and you find attractive features about yourself, but you see something that makes you feel is taking away from your looks. And by human nature, we tend to think everyone else thinks the same. But let me tell you something. First off you're absolutely beautiful and gorgeous. And because you're so beautiful, no one is going to look at you and be distracted by what YOU are distracted by when you see yourself. In all honesty I don't see anything wrong with your nose. But if you dot feel the same and want to go through surgery, I agree with what the others have said. It's beat to wait 'til you're a little older. But in the meanwhile, think about what I mentioned. Wen others look at you, they are going to see the "whole picture". But right now when you look at you, you're putting so much attention on one particular area that makes you feel insecure, that it messes up your perception about yourself, ad prevents you from seeing your beauty. Also remember, everyone has their insecurities.
You are a pretty girl but refining your nose would make a big difference. I'm not sure why someone posted that noses become more "refined" with age?? No. They get BIGGER with age because the cartilage never stops growing. I never liked my nose since I was in my teens and I've noticed its only gotten bigger which is why at 27, I'm getting mine done. If your nose is all you see now, it's not going to change. Look for a good surgeon and tell them you want refinement. Good luck.

I totally get how you feel. I have felt the same way since I was about 12 and now I'm almost 33 still thinking of doing it. I'm not so sure about the one comment saying you will grow into your nose though, mine has not changed at all through the years. But I would still ask you to at least wait until your 21. If you still feel the same then start making consultations with multiple doctors. It's a long time to heal and you don't really want to go through something like that more than once.

I agree that I think you should wait....I've always wanted a nose job and my nose from the front view is kind of like yours. Trust me, I know how you feel. I have my great-grandfathers nose. I've been wanting my nose to change since I was 7 or so when someone in the girls bathroom at school turned to me and said, "you have a big nose." I had never noticed before then! However, no one has ever said to me "you're pretty except for that big nose" and I'm sure it's the same way with you. Btw I'm 23, so I was 17 not that long ago and I was really serious about getting it done too. You are pretty! Appreciate what you have now. It really doesn't ruin your face at all. You could always put some extra bronzer on it to make it look a little smaller, that's what I do. Here is me and my schnoze: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/74578_169138699779810_2633978_n.jpg https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/481216_571501112876898_1843356578_n.jpg
Girl, hush up. you are gorgeous. And your nose fits your face mine doesnt. But i know what you mean, but i still feel like id look 1000x better with a smaller nose.
And that's how people see you! Your self perception is totally different than how others see you. I say this when I have this exact conversation with my fiance on a weekly basis. It's always, "my nose is too big" and he says,"I like your nose, it fits your face and it doesn't stand out as much as you think it does." You HAVE to watch this video from Dove, it totally made me cry: http://www.mamamia.com.au/health-wellbeing/dove-real-beauty-sketches-film/
Noses refine and narrow as you get older. Look at any picture of a woman in her 30's and compare it to one of her inher teen's/early 20's and you will see how thenose changes. No, most of then havent had nose jobs (Jolie included) theyve just got older, the tips dropped and its thinned which makes it look elongated and more refined. I agree you should wait. People often grow into their noses. If you have it narrowed now your nose could end up being toonarrow or pinched when you get older.
You're so pretty! I agree with others that if this is something you are seriously considering, you should wait a few years. You are still growing and you never know, you might 'grow into' your face. However, I see your concerns. It's important to know that you aren't crazy and can be very frustrating when people tell you 'you look fine' or 'your nose fits your face'. That said, I think you are very wise to be researching on this website and a smart girl who will do what is right for yourself in the end. Plastic surgery is a very personal decision and you have to do what's right for YOU.

Thanks so much for starting your story with us! I agree with the others that you're very pretty. You look like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman! Is your family on board with you getting this done?

When you do start going on consultations with plastic surgeons, here's a list of questions to ask. Don't be shy, make sure you get satisfactory answers on all of them. You want a doctor who is REALLY experienced doing rhinoplasty.

Good luck and please keep us posted!

Thanks :) I get that allllll the time. and thanks for the list, im going to ask those doctors a million questions before i am sure about going through with it.
Your a very pretty girl! I just posted the same forum for me too cause of my nose! Everyone here has given me awesome advice. If your unhappy with it it's going to continue to big Yoh especially If it has over the years. I would wait till your 21 tho and really research it! It's not always what it's made out to be.
You're a very pretty girl. personally I would wait till you are at least 21 or so. You may be surprised how much you emotionally grow by then and might not want to change it. Women change A LOT from that time period. I know I did! That being said you should obviously do what ever you feel right for you I was just putting that out there as one woman to another younger woman. Anyway if you do without a doubt absolutely gotta do this right now...Then do a lot of research on the surgeons you're considering and on rhinoplasty in general. I know you know that and sounds like you are doing that. Keep doing it and just consider what I said seriously. ;)
Thanks :) I'm deffinetly not getting it done soon, since I am going to pay for it myself and thats a lot of money. I honestly just feel like i was meant to have a different nose. But yeah, im going to continue doing a ton of research for sure.
Also, thank you for commenting.
I just want my nose narrower. the tip is deffinetly too big. I hate my side profile. I just want the lower portion of my nose closer to my face and not so stuck out. Then i'd be happy :)
Looks like you would benefit from some tip work. How do you like your side profile? It isn't bad by any means. What exactly do you want done? You came to a great place for advice and conversation.