I Could Be Happier

I wanted to raise my nasal bridge and refine a...

I wanted to raise my nasal bridge and refine a bulbous tip.
Out of all the options, it was worth it because I know what to look for in a good surgeon and know what reveals is a bad surgeon. It was worth it because I won't make the same mistake twice.

I really do not remember the cost so I am sorry I can't help with that. The figure I posted is a random number.

My surgeon did not do what I asked. That is the beginning and end of it. He admitted that, yes, it wasn't his best work. His honesty was appreciated but when it's your face, every millimeter matters.

Moreover, breathing out of my nose is a rare indulgence that occurs rarely but I seem to have a permanently stuffy nose.

The bone graft looked beautiful for the first month before it was reabsorbed by my body.
The doctor has offered to knife my face up again for free and try to get it right the second time around. I might consider the offer except that I traveled for the surgery and the cost of travel to be retraumatized by him again...again, worth it because I won't make the same mistake twice.

I would suggest to anyone that they see what the doctors results are YEARS after. A lot of people get rhinoplasty because they feel anything will be an improvement upon what they currently have, and immediately post-op, they are more than happy to recommend their surgeon as they are still swollen and happily uncomfortable waiting for the final result. Finding someone who has been happy longterm with the end result. Also, female surgeons, rare as they are, seem to understand female needs a bit better. I know I was happier with my female surgeon than my male surgeon. She also didn't seem to meet so many dsm-iv criteria for sociopathy.