Deviated Septum - Hired Plastic Surgeon to Oversee and Improve Result

Functionally excellent, at 37 I could finally...

Functionally excellent, at 37 I could finally breathe through my nose for the first time. However, my cosmetic surgeon was a joke. He IS board certified. But he was a slick talker who left me DEFORMED. He reattached the tip of my nose crooked, with an indentation on the left side. I had to wait 1 year before I went to a second surgeon to fix it. He was scared that he would have to use RIB to reconstruct what the first surgeon removed. Fortunately, it was an easy fix. The cartilage was still there, only stitched down. Now, I have an average looking nose. Before it was distinct. I miss my original, but appreciate being able to breathe. And, I don't miss the snoring! (117 lbs...stored like a lumberjack before surgery!) I think I would do it again. I certainly would never recommend the first cosmetic surgeon.

I also went on a consult (but did not have surgery, thank the Lord) with this doctor and he was a pompous, obnoxious jerk. Acted as if I had BDD for wanting a hump removed and was generally an unfriendly guy.
I'm sorry that he botched you. I think he is more of a lipo/BA kind of surgeon than a nose surgeon. Nashville doesn't really have many experienced rhino docs.
May I ask who performed your revision? I am thinking of Rhinoplasty and was curious? thanks.

I'm glad you're happy with your end result! I had to have rhinoplasty revision and cartilage from my ear was taken. Very much worth it though. Thanks for sharing here on RealSelf. You truly are helping others going through similar ordeals.

Nashville Plastic Surgeon

Smooth talker at first. Set expectations that were reasonable, but he still did not meet them. For instance most surgeons will write or mark on you before surgery. He told me to expect that. On day of surgery, they were rolling me back and I insisted he see me before the ENT started the deviated septum procedure. (before I was out and swelled - which is what he told me needed to happen) He showed up and acted pissed and rushed. I wanted to stop right then, but was already on gurney with IV's headed to op room. This guy left me deformed and when I challenged him, he blamed me. Too difficult...best result I could have hoped for. He was wrong. I hired another surgeon after having to wait one year. He did a beautiful job fixing this guys mess.