Deviated Septum - Hired Plastic Surgeon to Oversee and Improve Result

Functionally excellent, at 37 I could finally...

Functionally excellent, at 37 I could finally breathe through my nose for the first time. However, my cosmetic surgeon was a joke. He IS board certified. But he was a slick talker who left me DEFORMED. He reattached the tip of my nose crooked, with an indentation on the left side. I had to wait 1 year before I went to a second surgeon to fix it. He was scared that he would have to use RIB to reconstruct what the first surgeon removed. Fortunately, it was an easy fix. The cartilage was still there, only stitched down. Now, I have an average looking nose. Before it was distinct. I miss my original, but appreciate being able to breathe. And, I don't miss the snoring! (117 lbs...stored like a lumberjack before surgery!) I think I would do it again. I certainly would never recommend the first cosmetic surgeon.

Nashville Plastic Surgeon

Smooth talker at first. Set expectations that were reasonable, but he still did not meet them. For instance most surgeons will write or mark on you before surgery. He told me to expect that. On day of surgery, they were rolling me back and I insisted he see me before the ENT started the deviated septum procedure. (before I was out and swollen - which is what he told me needed to happen) He showed up and acted pissed and rushed. I wanted to stop right then, but was already on gurney with IV's headed to op room. This guy left me deformed and when I challenged him, he blamed me. Too difficult...best result I could have hoped for. He was wrong. I hired another surgeon after having to wait one year. He did a beautiful job fixing this guys mess.