A New Tummy; For A New Me - Mexico, MX

Day of the procedure, I was a bit ancy. Arrival...

Day of the procedure, I was a bit ancy. Arrival time to hospital was around 645p. Labs drawn and nurse did her patient intake. Blood type needs to be clarified. I have always been told I am O+ and the lab told me I was B+. I went in for surgery at 10p and was 1.5hr long. My mother said Dr. Vergara & Dr. Villarreal mentioned that I did great with no complications.
10/25: I woke up wanting to go pee and I was told I couldn't until I drank some fluids. So I did. Then on the next restroom trip, I told nurse that I was ready for my shower and ready to go home. Medical staff was surprised to see me walking around and even walked out on my discharge. I got home and rested some on the loveseat. One on of my restroom trips I removed girdle for the night (wrong thing to do). I felt sore as if I focused on my abs for 2 months straight at the gym. I did take a pain tab of Ketoralac 10mg for my beauty sleep. Food Intake: a few bites of a chorizo & egg taco as we drove away from the border. Cheetos on my way home and half of a Subway Salad and of course water. No BM...Drainage is a red in color
10/26: I wake up and still sore but like a body ache. No pain med thru out the day. I did go on a car ride to my mothers for a fresh hot shower. She's got a walk in shower and chair which made it really easy for me and not tired some. Dressing change and Girdle assistance by My One of My BFF's, Amanda. Came home and took a nap. I wish I could just cough this crud up and hurts when I have to clear my throat. Food intake: A Mighty Kid Meal Chicken Nugget and a Whataburger Strawberry Shake. No BM...Drainage is a light red in color.
Glad everything went so well & can't wait to see your pics....happy healing!!!!
rest well
Happy Healing!

10/27/2013

I didn't know what hurt the most either my belly or by back. I felt like the Hunch Back of Notre Dame. Doc stated that this was normal. Feels I can straighten up more and more each day, but I don't want to over do it. More frequent restroom trips. No pain med since Friday (which means I am one to tolerate pain very well). Drainage is somewhat a pinkish red in color. Grandbaby girls came by a for a few hours today to visit but too much for me. They are 5 & 2....Laundry going, ran the vacuum and swept up the floor. Amazingly, I think I am doing good so far. I get tired of sitting & laying for long periods of time. I somewhat had a thought of regret on Day 1 as I was in the worst of my pain but I remembered this is about a new me and what I deserve in my new life.
Happy healing Would love to see before and after pics

6 day post op appointment

I went for my follow up appointment yesterday 10/30/2013 and Dr. Vergara removed gauze and stated that I am healing so well. Still some swelling but will go down within time providing I wear my girdle faithfully for 2 months. Ugh. Is all I got to say. He did place a marble in my belly button so it will be beautiful in it's depth and shape. I was somewhat surprised. I am still sleeping on the sofa because I find it easier to get up and off of. I did try sleeping in my bed but was difficult because I am used to sleeping near the wall and would have to scoot down or crawl over my boyfriend. I did return to work on 10/29/2013 technically 2 workdays is all I took off. Have lots of people surprised that I would return so fast. I am so independent and don't like to ask for much help. Everything has gotten so much easier. I even started driving on 10/30/2013.

pic or pics....

pic2

You look good!! :)

new belly

Wow you look great ! What type work do you do to be able to return in 3 days? Keep the pics and updates coming!
I am a pharmacy technician at a Long Term Care Pharmacy. Thanks!!! ;)
thanks! I have just posted some photos!

6 weeks post op

well today makes it 6 weeks! I have had 3inches removed from my compression garment yesterday! I really didn't want to purchase another one at the high prices that I have seen on line. I will be wearing it for an add'l month as suggested by my dr (January 25, 2014 which will make it 3 months). I have only good things to say about my dr and his caring staff. I will post pics tonite!
is the line down tthe middle of your stomach from muscle repair.. but it looks great.
Wow, U Look GREAT!!!!!!
Carlos Vergara

Dr. Vergara, MD and staff were very sincere and caring. From the moment I walked into the hospital to the time I left, I received nothing but care.