Excellent

I had several injections of collagen - after 2-3...

I had several injections of collagen - after 2-3 months - they were gone. I had restalyne 3 x in my lips and nasb.. folds - anyway - it has been 3 years since my last injection of anything - I still have no "clown" lines and my lips are still very much full -- I recently read that restalyne actually causes cellular change in that cells revert back to "teenage" years -- I really believe it..

Some dematologists intentionally fill the side of the line or grove. So you must go back for more. Get them to mark where they are filling.. and use a mirror to look and make sure they are using the filler to fill the correct area.
Sue

I had bad experiences with Restylane. I had it injected into my laugh lines and it was lumpy for about a week, then after the lumps went away it looked like I didn't even have it done. I switched to Radiesse and it worked great, but sadly the results only lasted 2 or 3 months. I have stopped all the injections because they are too expensive and the results don't last long enough
I only have slight swelling and it lasted for only 3 days. The doctor that I went to was very gentle and patient. He has very good bedside manner. I got free dental block from him and that helped a lot cuz I am afraid of pain. I will for sure go back for touch up jobs for years to come.
Regarding having any kind of injectable's removed from the lips. I've seen several of the top plastic surgeons who all recommend not to have the 'whatever' removed from the lips surgically. I had one who tried injecting steroids hoping to break up the silicon granulomas but it made it worst. I'm a Medical Aesthetician and believe me...I've seen and experienced it all. Now I live with painful, uneven lips and can hardly eat a hamburger without having to lift up my lips with my fingers in order not to bite the granulomas. I'm beginning to feel we are all guinea pigs for the pharmaceutical companies & the ATM and for those who are being paid off to test new products. So, if anyone does find a good surgeon who has had SUCCESS in removing any fillers from the lips, please let me know.
Well you're not alone. I had aquamid put in my lips and frown line 5 years ago. I was a guinea pig basically as the Dr was excitted about it being a new product so I was her first to use it. Since then I've been told you shouldn't put it in the frown line. Makes sense really because all your sinuses are around that area. I now have a big vein down one side of my eye and it's painful to touch. I also have dry eye now, which I never used to. My lips were so overdone I couldn't eat apples and hurt to bite into things. So I went back and she injected steriods as well. Although my lips and forehead are lumpy, I can now eat properly. I am hoping to see her again for more steriod injections to break down the forehead area. You're right though, they are quick to book you in for the treatment, but once it goes wrong, they don't want a bar of you! Crooks!
Hello, I wanted to tell you that your review is uplifting since I had my first Restylane injections today (ln lines and vertical lines above my upper lip)!! I am a little bit disappointed because as the swelling recedes I can still see the deeper lines. Have got anyhing to commend about that??
Hi Catherine, I would recommend you try Perlane instead next time. The other problem is that lots of docs don't tell you that you really may need more to get the desired result. At our clinic we are very up front about what to expect.If I think a person will need 2cc's and they only want to pay for one, I'll tell them I don't think they will be happy with the result and why. I think people should go in to these things knowing what to expect, not some airy-fairy "..yeah you're gonna look great perfect beautiful, that will be 500 bucks, thanks!" We always schedule a 2 week follow up to make sure that our clients are happy, see if they have any asymmetry, questions, concerns, or if they need or want more. You can always put more in, but you can't take it back out! If you have deep lines Perlane is better because it is thicker and creates more volume. It also lasts longer. Perlane is made by the same people, it's just a thicker formulation of the same hyaluronic acid. Hope that helps!