Loved It but This Time I Was Prepared

I'm in my 50's and have had botox and restylane...

I'm in my 50's and have had botox and restylane three times. I'm very lucky as both lasted for almost a year, but the PAIN! It takes suffering for beauty to a whole new level! I also get bruises that last for six weeks! This time I was prepared. I stopped all aspirin, motrin, ibuprofen, vit E for a week before. I ate healthy, healthy. I started taking bromelain and arnica for three days before and my husband made me fresh pineapple and orange juice several times a day. The day of the torture I took a valium (my husband drove me) and I brought a small ice chest with me with small bags of frozen peas (can also use corn). After I was numbed with the cream, I had a dental block then I put the frozen packs on for four minutes where I was to be injected. Right after the injections I put the frozen packs on again...20 minutes on, 20 off for the first couple of days. This time I had very little pain and just one tiny bruise under my eye. I had one syringe (1 ml)of restylane in my lips and 30 units of botox around my eyes. I'm very happy with the results. I had this done at a Med Spa by a RN who has been doing these injections for 5 years. Before I had it done by a plastic surgeon who didn't even use a numbing cream!