Very Painful, Minimal Results, Save Your Money

After losing 130lbs with weight loss surgery I was...

After losing 130lbs with weight loss surgery I was left with very deep naso labial folds which were very aging. I wanted a realistic looking procedure without resorting to surgery and believed fillers would provide the result I wanted.

I wish I had read the reviews here which recommend having the dental block first. I had no pain killer at all for the procedure and it was AGONY. The first couple of injections were fine then they beging to hurt more and more. The procedure involves maybe 30 to 40 tiny injections into the skin. Each one feels like a bee sting and as with each injection the skin becomes more sensitive and the needle more dull. I would never consider doing this again even if the results had been ok because of the pain. I actually had less in the left hand side of my face than the right because I just couldn't take it any more!

The results were disappointing. I didn't get any bruising although I kept an ice pack on my face for an hour afterwards which I think helped. The pain wasn't too bad once the injections stopped, it was just sore. The mild swelling lasted for about 2 weeks and I looked strange and lumpy then it settled down and looked good for about 2 weeks then nothing. You just couldn't tell I had had anything done.

Keep your money if you want this procedure for naso labial folds for me it just didn't work. For the pain and result it just isn't worth it.

WORTH IT!!! Had the crevices filled in under my eyes. Results have lasted just as predicted by the MD for 10 months. Now in the tenth month I am still better off than before and just trying to figure out when to go back again. Cost was $400. Just make sure you go to a good physician!
Metairie Plastic Surgeon