Restylane in Nasal Labial Folds and Lips Plus Botox on Forehead

I absolutely love the results. My doctor used 2...

I absolutely love the results. My doctor used 2 syringes for lips and nasal labial folds. I bruise very easily, and did have one small (about the size of a tic-tac candy) bruise under my left bottom lip that took several days to go away. I went back for my two week evaluation and had another syringe added to "top off" my results. (My doctor gave me a 20% discount on the "top off", so add another $400.00 to the cost up there).

Be aware that the initial results you see will be a combination of swelling and the filler, so if you love the way you look immediately after your injections, you're probably going to want to add a bit more in about two weeks when everything settles in. On the other hand, if you think you have too much fullness immediately after your injections, just chill out for a day or two and see how you feel once the swelling goes down.

The Botox is also wonderful. My forehead and the furrow between my brows are as smooth as a baby's bottom. I tease my 18 year-old daughter by looking at her and saying, "I'm scowling at you," which freaks her out because she can't see a scowl. She says she actually misses the "mom look" (if you're a mom, you know the look). I don't miss it, and shouldn't have to give it to an 18 year-old anymore anyway! lol

I have received so many compliments at work, but nobody can put their finger on why I "look so great." I recently lost 50 pounds (which is why I needed the filler), and everyone is attributing my "youthful" appearance to the weight loss. I just smile and say, "thank you."

Anne L. White, MD

She is a Silver Level Physician in BOTOX Cosmetic & Juvederm, and the only platinum level Restylane/Perlane physician in Winston Salem. She is also very sweet, and genuinely cares that you are happy with your results.

Apparently there are...the more training the doctor has with the injectible, the higher their "certification" in that injectible is. I'm sure that the certifications come from trainings through the manufacturers of the injectibles, but I'd rather know that the person injecting this stuff in my face has taken significant time and effort to learn how to do it right. Otherwise, anyone with an "MD" or a "DO" after their name is allowed to inject as far as the law is concerned. My doctor has silver and platinum level certifications in these injectibles (see above), but she's not a plastic surgeon. On the other hand, I wouldn't let anyone BUT a board certified plastic surgeon touch me with a scalpel!!! When you talk to your plastic surgeon, he can tell you whether Botox alone will smooth out your forehead, or whether you may need some sort of filler up there as well.
I actually found myself smiling while reading your post =] I'm getting ready for my first adventure in Botox Wonderland for my forehead and furrows. Hope I'm as happy as you are!
Just be sure to go to a highly credentialed injector and you can be sure you'll be very happy! I took a friend to my doctor yesterday to get Restylane in her marionette lines. As we were leaving, she paused to look in the mirror just one more time and said, "OMG, why doesn't everyone get this stuff?!"
Are their Docs out their that specialize is Botox or injectibles? I was thinking of using my regular plastic surgeon. He did a great job with Juvederm to my lips. Also, I have fairly deep lines in my forehead. Will Botox alone remedy this? And if so, how long will it last? Sorry to bombard you with all these questions, but I think it's better to get answers from someone that has actually been there, done that. =]