Restylane Caused Too Much Swelling in Eye Hollows

Last summer I had Resty injected into the hollows...

Last summer I had Resty injected into the hollows under my eyes. I was pleased with this experience and I am considering doing it again, maybe with a different filler or maybe Resty again.

I have read about some people having really bad bruising from injections at these sites but I didn’t experience that at all. I bruised a little bit (honestly, not much at all) but it faded quickly to yellow and then was gone within a week. In the meantime I covered it with makeup and nobody noticed a thing.

The one downside to Resty was the swelling. I expected swelling at first but it didn’t go down very quickly; I think the areas under my eyes don’t drain fluid very well. Maybe because of the eyes? I don’t know. But that meant my eyes were puffier than usual for a long time. It’s hard to explain right: I went from hollows to puffy and all I wanted was a smooth, flat area under my eyes. People don’t get that the swelling wasn’t some happy side effect because it made me look just as bad and kind of tired.

That went away after a long time but if I go back for more I will have to consider whether this was worth it. I still don’t know. I know this is a reaction my body had and isn’t the fault of the Resty since most people don’t stay swollen for so long. That leaves me with very little faith in any other injectables, as I think the results will be the same.

I would recommend it for most people though.

I had Restalyne injected in my tear trough and had an uneven result with swelling that then reduced to a bad result . I also looked more tired due to the puff, i also think the eye area is much different than any other area to fill, it swells more, longer and recurring. It also is hard to get good result, i think it is not a good choice for most people. I am waiting it out and will never touch my eye trough area again, leave it alone. note: I also work in a medspa, our doctor does other clients with good results but you never know if your a "sweller" like me. Cant wait to have it all gone i won't even touch hyluronaise i think i would swell horribly.
I had restylane done a week ago under my eyes and it has left it all lumpy. Now instead of having hollows under my eyes...I have bags!!! Awful. I watched it done on YouTube...it was always done perfectly. Even saw it done on the morning news. I blame the doctor and the way he did the injection. He injected the filler too quickly. Calling the doctor back about this...also left me with a lot of bruising.
hey susan... i just had restylane put under my eyes 6 days ago and I am going through what you went through. My eyes are all lumpy and uneven. I was wondering if it ever got better? Or if you had to have it removed? I am so upset...I spent over $1600 on it as a gift for myself while my husband is in Iraq. Thanks so much, Amanda
I had restylane done 2 years ago, it was an awful choice and has left me permantly bagged under the eyes, my doctor kept saying give it more time...., I am devistated.