Mommy Makeover - Reston, VA

I am a 25 year old mother of a beautiful 11 month...

I am a 25 year old mother of a beautiful 11 month old baby girl. I was told I probably wouldn't be able to have kids, so needless to say, I was so grateful when I learned I was pregnant. Of course, the biggest change was my stomach. While it's flat, I have some loose skin and a wrinkled appearance with stretch marks.

I've always been uncomfortable with my body. I was a chubby child, but lost the weight before I entered high school. I had some hormonal issues in college, but once that was regulated, I've just fluctuated 10 lbs. or so. I exercise regularly and while I like my shape, my breasts have never had any volume and my thighs have stubborn pockets of fat that don't allow me to have a toned look. So, this is it! I'm doing this for me!!

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl and on being able to do this for yourself! Here's a list of supplies you might want to start gathering for recovery. Please keep us posted as your big day nears!

Pre-op tomorrow

I go in for my pre-op tomorrow morning. I'm just about a week away from surgery! ! I'm getting very nervous. I'm thinking about the potential pain and emotional days. I'm really praying for a smooth recovery, especially with surgery being so close to Christmas. I want to be as participatory as possible with family activities. I'm feeling particularly guilty about not being able to pick my one year old up for awhile. Shes so attached to me!

2 days..

Surgery is Thursday morning at 9 a.m. I check in at 8--I'm excited, scared, and ready to get this recovery over with! I believe I have all I need. I went grocery shopping and got plenty of water, pineapple juice (I hear it helps with swelling), low sodium soup, crackers, spinach, broccoli and yogurt. I've washed all of our clothes and brought down the pajamas I'll need and some underwear for about a week. I will be staying in the basement until I'm more mobile and comfortable. I even brought some clothes, clean bottles, diapers, wipes, and ready feed formula for the baby so my husband won't have to constantly run up and down the stairs. My medications are filled, my house is clean, filled with Christmas cheer, and my gifts are wrapped. I'm trying to remain calm and enjoy these last few days playing with the baby.

done!!

I went in for surgery yesterday morning at 8, surgery began at 9:30. I was in the car by 3:30 to head home. Everything is such a blur. I was in a daze the rest of the evening. I didn't experience any pain. This morning I started to feel stiffness and slight pulling of one of the sutures on my thighs. I'm staying on top of my meds. One demerol every four hours, my antibiotic at breakfast, and I started my levenox shots today. Saw my ps for post op and everything looks awesome!! My scar is very low and thin, my stomach is washboard flat, boobs are sitting high,and I have no more chunky thighs! He told me abdominal muscles were completely shredded all the way up! *yikes*

Reston Plastic Surgeon

Extremely nice and warm! Office staff made me feel welcome and very comfortable with expressing any concerns I have. I feel I came to the right place and that I am in professional and caring hands.